40mpg Slingshot!

• Whats a Chevy cobalt engine? I mean just saying 2.4 litre would have been fine. I get it that car has one also. But why add that. It was a cheesy add. I can get about 500 miles out of a tank of gas on mine. If I fill up about 3 times in a row.

• Stock with the cat delete pipe and the Alpha cold air I was getting 34 MPG (math). I added the 1320 header and the Bob's tune last year at Maggie Valley mileage fell to 29 MPG. Back then I was keeping check so I could tell what the MPG was with each performance mod. I do not even check any more. Most of the time I would do an average for the whole trip to Maggie SSITS, normally it was for 7 days with around 1800 miles total.

• I drive 160 miles a day every day and have noticed the colder it is mpg drops. Duel exhaust helped a lot but then I added the Madstad 11" windshield that dropped me another 2mpg.
    Here is my breakdown
    85 - 95 mph 160 mile drive round trip

40 degree 18 mpg
    50 degree 19 mpg
    60-70 degree 20 mpg
    80-90 degree 22 mpg
    100+ degree 23-24 mpg
    This is all highway speed 90mph avg.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• We treat it like the instructions for shampoo .... fill it up, mash the peddle, repeat ...... not sure about any numbers - either mpg or washes from the bottle

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

What he said.... I stopped worrying about mileage a long time ago after asking folks what they were getting.. most answers were "who cares" :P so..... I Don't :D

• I really don't understand the obsession with MPG, the other day I took my 911 for service and while there I was looking at the newer models and I overheard someone else asking a salesman "How are they on gas." I held my tongue but what I wanted to say is " This is a GD sports car who gives a flying monkey about the MPG...."

If you have to worry about gas you shouldn't be driving a toy/sport car.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I am one of the morons you all have been referring to. I enjoy driving my Slingshot and try to get in 3 local rides per week. That's how I've gotten almost 33000 miles in 21 months. While I find my Slingshot to be a sh..load of fun, I have never been happy with the mileage. After getting used to 50-60 mpg on my motorcycles, I was expecting slightly better mileage than the mid-to-high 20s I've seen, especially given the Slingshot's low weight compared to most cars that had the same motor.
    Part of manufacturing and sales success is providing the customer what he/she wants. If we demand better mileage while also demanding increased performance, we'll eventually get it. Or at least we would if Polaris were a normal manufacturer who actually gives a sh.. about their customers beyond grabbing their money in the first place. I say this based on Polaris past performance and how they responded so well to early Victory supporters with their complaints (they DIDN"T). Of course, Polaris has now abandoned Victory completely! Polaris' casual attitude toward the right angle drive noise and proposed solution (from their 2015 survey) of considering selling a quieter drive system at our expense reinforces my opinion as to how much Polaris values us as customers beyond our initial purchase.

• My Ducati gets 25, my 911 gets 14 and my SUV(daily driver) gets 16 so I am quite used to low MPG, in my opinion asking for a high performance vehicle to have good MPG is an oxymoron and something that just complicates things by adding complexity that would not be needed otherwise which makes them break more often.

This is seriously something that instantly pisses me off at gas stations and makes me ignore people afterwards.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Interesting. My dash computer says 28.8. Bone stock, guessing it is close, though I get a low fuel warning with 2 gallons in the tank, so the 'puter ain't that smart.

I know two things.

1) Gas is cheap. Fracking rocks. I saw $1.89 for regular out riding today with friends.

2) Starting a hard day with a full tank, or at least a mostly full tank, I have to pee before I run out of gas.

If somebody is anal about mpg, buy a Ford Fusion Hybrid. Best car I ever bought. 44+ mpg, which is way cool. But, nobody will stop to chat with you in a parking lot or gas station - though, thinking about it, might be a good thing. Assuming everyone on this thread is an owner, you know what I am talking about.

And, @BKL, NoVa misses you. Wish you were here.