• Marine rated does not mean waterproof, it just means that it has a coating to protect it from saline corrosion.

I have mine under the seat, put a 1/4 plexiglass spacer,sealed the connections with liquid tape and made sure that the vent is located downslope so no water can easily get in.

For the most part mine will survive the rain but will die if I hose the sling off.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Yep. Just raise it off the floor a little. Rain can run right under it and out the drain holes.

I placed a 1/4 spacer under the amps to keep them off the floor and I'm running 2 JL AUDIO Marine grade 500 just finished 2200 mile trip to Florida and got very wet and no problems so I think you'll be OK

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I placed a 1/4 spacer under the amps to keep them off the floor and I'm running 2 JL AUDIO Marine grade 500 just finished 2200 mile trip to Florida and got very wet and no problems so I think you'll be OK

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Great! What kind of spacers? Just regular large washers?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Hi guys and girls. Making some good progress on the radio install. Question for you audio experts.

I am going to put my aftermarket head unit in with slingmods install kit and wiring harnesses. I will be running two amps to power my six speakers. I will not be doing the final hookups but don't trust the installers with the slingshot panels etc so I want to get as much done as I can and hand it off.

Question: does the radio remote wire go to the fuse box or the amp? I know this is a silly question because I am pretty sure the wiring harness provides the 12 volt accessory and the remote wire will go off to the Amos to turn them on.

Can someone please confirm?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Yes the blue remote wire will go to the amp

• I have a question on the blue wire deal. How do I locate the remote wire on the stock radio harness. I know how to hook all the other wires but for the amp to power on I need to hook a wire from the stock radio to the amp. I looked at the wiring harness that goes on the stock radio and I don't see a blue remote wire coming from there that i can hook up to. Is this wire colored different or is it not available at all. Any other options for a remote wire without taking the whole slingshot apart just for this??????

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless