Aftermarket radio antenna

• I believe so but I think only at connection points, not all along the subframe. Mine is showing bumps in the deck just inside the tail lights that I plan to have my dealer look at. I tried to capture it in this pic but it's hard to see - just to the left of the tail light hump. Has anyone else had this issue?

Yep, ours has the same detent/bump, as with others that we have seen on the showroom floor, obviously it is how that part has been molded.

Bill

• Mounting the antenna on the rear plate below the rear deck will expose the antenna to road debris and it is also a non-desirable location because that location places the antenna down low, reducing reception.
    From ease of install, using the metal tape placed underneath the rear deck means the antenna can be installed thru the rear deck and can be removed with the rear deck in one piece. Using a strap to ground the metal tape strips to the frame is a good idea.
    From a structural perspective, I like the idea of fastening a sheet of aluminum on top of the rear frame both as a ground plane and as reinforcement for mounting the antenna. This also provides more flexibility in where the antenna can be placed to provide clearance for luggage racks, tops, etc. However, the antenna needs to mount thru both the rear deck and the metal sheet, which means the antenna needs to be mounted thru the rear deck and the metal sheet after removing the lower rear deck cover (Item 6 in the attached pic) so the antenna securing nut can be tightened from underneath the Slingshot. A strap could be used to ensure the metal sheet is grounded to the frame if you don't want to separately secure the metal sheet to the frame.

• Mounting the antenna on the rear plate below the rear deck will expose the antenna to road debris and it is also a non-desirable location because that location places the antenna down low, reducing reception.
    From ease of install, using the metal tape placed underneath the rear deck means the antenna can be installed thru the rear deck and can be removed with the rear deck in one piece. Using a strap to ground the metal tape strips to the frame is a good idea.
    From a structural perspective, I like the idea of fastening a sheet of aluminum on top of the rear frame both as a ground plane and as reinforcement for mounting the antenna. This also provides more flexibility in where the antenna can be placed to provide clearance for luggage racks, tops, etc. However, the antenna needs to mount thru both the rear deck and the metal sheet, which means the antenna needs to be mounted thru the rear deck and the metal sheet after removing the lower rear deck cover (Item 6 in the attached pic) so the antenna securing nut can be tightened from underneath the Slingshot. A strap could be used to ensure the metal sheet is grounded to the frame if you don't want to separately secure the metal sheet to the frame.

@BKL Your ahead of me with that comment mate! I anticipate doing the job, just how you explained it. Thanks for the reassuring advice.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I just play pandora though the radio. If no phone reception usually no radio either so works out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Yes but when they still want to charge $1,601.99 (down from $2,500) for their setup, I'd have thought it may have worked properly, from new.
    Display and Backup Camera Kit | 2016 Polaris SLINGSHOT®

All the best, from UK_Paul