Help me chose between these two mods....

• Which mod would you chose if you could only chose one? 22

1. PRP Seats (19) 86%
    2. Twist Roof (3) 14%

So this weekend was the first time I have had some good seat time in warm weather. My version of warm is 75 which is the first time we have seen temps this high all year up in Ohio. I was amazed at how hot the seats got and the sweat poured off my back. I want to eliminate this problem as once we start seeing 80's I don't want to be uncomfortable.
    To solve this problem my budget will allow for one of two options;
    1. PRP seats
    2. Twist roof

Can anyone offer any advice on which route to go? From my research the PRP seats will make things more comfortable but do they solve the heat problem? The twist roof is more expensive but I really wonder if it takes something away from the slingshot's open air experience?

Any input from owners of either would be much appreciated!

• I installed a twist top for a gal last summer. After we finished, she took me for a ride. Now please note, I am in Northern California, and it does get very hot in the summer- lots of 90° weather and usually a couple of weeks triple digit. The only time, I believe that you get full shade from the top, is when the sun is at high noon. As a passenger, I got quite a bit of sun on my shoulder and thighs. In addition, I have to say-I was not crazy about the look. However to each his own, and I am certainly not dissing a vendors product. I cannot say anything about the seats.

I did order a stinger top, and am awaiting its arrival--hopefully I will love it.......
    My cheap alternative last summer was seat covers. Solid color, as opposed to the Hawaiian print that was seen on the Parkside. Even with the stinger, they will probably go on again this summer.

• For clarification my issues isn't so much having to put a towel over the seats to stop them from baking. Basically I took the SS out of my cool garage and drove for an hour and even starting with cool seats I ended up with a wet back. Do the prp seats suffer from this as well?

• For clarification my issues isn't so much having to put a towel over the seats to stop them from baking. Basically I took the SS out of my cool garage and drove for an hour and even starting with cool seats I ended up with a wet back. Do the prp seats suffer from this as well?

Just my thoughts on this.......I'm thinking that even with the top, you're still going to be in "sticky" situations throughout the duration of any extended riding....just because of ambient temps on a warm to hot summer day.(not just direct sunlight) I'd research the PRP seat building app, and take a good hard look at all the different materials available. I'm thinking there's a combination of fabrics that could help make your riding experience more enjoyable, plus the added pleasure of how comfortable those seats are reported be over stock. If it were me, I'd also call someone at Slingmods to help describe the various materials, and recommend the best set-up for me.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Just my thoughts on this.......I'm thinking that even with the top, you're still going to be in "sticky" situations throughout the duration of any extended riding....just because of ambient temps on a warm to hot summer day.(not just direct sunlight) I'd research the PRP seat building app, and take a good hard look at all the different materials available. I'm thinking there's a combination of fabrics that could help make your riding experience more enjoyable, plus the added pleasure of how comfortable those seats are reported be over stock. If it were me, I'd also call someone at Slingmods to help describe the various materials, and recommend the best set-up for me.

Hit the nail on the head sir. I'm having a hard time deciding on materials if that is indeed the route I take...

• This is probably a situation of what you're acclimated to. I run my seat heaters in 70 degree weather. The PRP seats have more contact surface with the driver than the stock seats. There's no channel. There's no air flow. When it gets up in the 90's around here if I start getting swampy I just sit up off the seat and let the air conditioning dry off my back. The stinger top makes it significantly cooler when the sun is working hard.

• Hit the nail on the head sir. I'm having a hard time deciding on materials if that is indeed the route I take...

Ok, so I know you're struggling with the decision......so never let it be said that Ole Roadog didn't step up and lend a helping hand!!!! Go ahead and order the PRP seats with Black Ostrich centers, Havasu Red sides and back, Red stitching, and lets even throw in the Red PRP logo. Now, if you don't like these seats, simply put em back in the box, and ship to your pal Roadog!!! To sweeten the deal, I won't even charge you for taking them off your hands!!! Heck, you're even close enough, I'd drive down and pick them up....saving you shipping costs!!! There ya go!!! How easy was that!!! I promise to go ahead and suffer with them if you don't like them!!!!....No need to thank me.....that's just how I roll my friend :00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Just spoke with @Noel Hughes and ordered the prp seats.

@roadog1aj If I decide to give them away you are first on my list lol

Awesome!!! Hope you like them!!! So what style and materials did you go with?

• Looks like I'm late for the party, but I have the twist top and the PRP seats.
    First the PRP seats are so much more comfortable than stock its no comparison, with that said the PRP are not any cooler and like CR said they don't have the air channel like stock. I would look at the other materials they off but remember that if they don't sweat they probably will soak water when wet and that is the only reason I would get the waterproof material.
    The top I have had on mine over a year now and at first I thought I would take it off and on when needed, but its never been off yet, I like it on that much. It does let some sun in but on a long days drive in direct sun it is so much cooler just to get out of direct sun. You can always pull the cloth off the top and its open again plus it will hold a Thule carrier for a long trip. I had to load and unload a new 16.5 in my trailer this week and I use the top to get in and out that it was awkward with the topless SS. I like the look, reminds me of a prowler, but that's my flavor, others don't, I love the heated seats, but the lumbar is cheesy.
    I would get both when you can!

• Why would you want 1 seat or 2 tops? Wouldn't it better for TWO seats or ONE top?
    :):):)
    I can't answer on the top yet as I just bought one and will be picking it up tomorrow. But you are 100% on point about the hot seats and no air movement behind your back. It sucks to be riding all summer long and every stop you make, you have a soaked to the skin shirt on your back. The PRP seats should help eliminate this. The newer version of the PRP seats having the removable seat cushion also makes it perfect to keep the seat cool and not have to make you tilt the seats forward to keep the sun off them (which exposes the storage area to would be thieves). I would vote for seats first, then top second

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It is called skin cancer and it never ends.