Shopping for Insurance

• For years I have been under the assumption that when one was shopping for insurance, that you had to shop
    in your home town. Wasn't till last week that I learned that it was possible to shop across state lines for insurance. With the Slingshot our options are quite limited, just learned that there our only 5 different companies that write insurance for the Slingshot. Prices our all over the place...age and location being just two of the minor things that our considered. I finally talked to a guy from Houston, TX that I have heard a little about from others on the forums. Took a little time to work out the changes but with his help I will save
    38% on the save type of coverages. That's pretty significant!!!!
    Dan can write for all the different companies that will cover and Slingshot and can write insurance in about 20 different states. Give Dan a call....and check things out.
    DanHerrera
    TWFG Insurance Services
    11111Katy Freeway Suite 910
    Houston,TX 77079
    (832)364-6630 phone
    1(832)412-3195facsimile
    sales@buymotorcycleinsurance.com
    www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

• Interesting that some of you would go with a total stranger from out of state, I have been with the same company/agent (State Farm)for 15 years, i won't claim that they are the cheapest but in my opinion they are the least expensive for great customer service.

I know my agent and he knows me on a personal level, he is also a rider which helps a lot as far as getting the right pricing when it comes to motorcycles, I like the peace of mind that when somethings goes wrong i can call him and he takes care of everything so i don't have to sit waiting for automated messages and the frustration that goes along with them.

I have had the misfortune of having to use my policies a few years back due to tornado dmg then hail storm the next year and let me tell you the way they handled everything earned them a customer for life(as long as the service continues)

I am 34 and my policy is $422 a year with a 100k/300k/100k and $100 Comp/$250 Coll with Multi properties/vehicles discounts.

If you don't mind would you share the price of your policy just to compare. I know it is not apple to apples but might be good to know either way.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Had State Farm for a Loooong time and was really taken to the CLEANERS....Changed 8 or 9 years ago. Whether it was the bikes, house, autos (8 autos, bikes, home, rental property and wouldn't handle my business Insurance) they were 40 to 50% higher across the board.
    With the Slingshot that is the only thing that I moved and my independent agent who handles the rest of my stuff doesn't have a company that will insure the

Slingshot. All I'm saying is look around and do what is best for YOU....
    I general don't like to shop, but when someone puts in a spot that it is necessary
    I do look around.

• In Alabama State Farm won't touch a Slingshot. (That was 6 months ago)

I was with Geico for over 10 years and never had an issue. When I purchased the Slingshot they told me they couldn't cover it. So I called Nationwide and they gave me more coverage on my vehicles and home and covered the Slingshot for less money. So it pays to look around sometime.

• Funny story, when i first went to my agent he said they didn't insure the SS then while browsing TDS I found the insurance quote thread so i went and got my quote from country financial which at the time was the one most people recommended($6XX/yr) , i was happy with the quote compared to the 900+ that everyone else was reporting mine was a steal.

After about i week in the same thread i saw a few people posting quotes from state farm, so i went to my agent and was like WTF dude are you holding out on me, after calling and talking with the underwriter and explaining everything he found someone who knew about it and they explained to him how to write the policy.

It came back as 422/yr and i was like SOLD since it was $2xx cheaper then the other guys(even though at this point i still didn't even have a SS or anything set in stone, this was around dec 15 2016) he saved the quote in the system so once i got the SS I could just TXT him the VIN and everything else would be taken care off.

If an agent tells you they don't insure it have them call their underwriter and double check, also if you get the quote from SF make sure that where it says "rates:Effective date XXXX" it shows as Dec 1 16, the reason why originally it wouldn't process for him and got denied(as in No SS coverage under SF) was because the system wanted to use the 2015 Rates instead of the most recent ones, basically a lot of people are getting denied on SF due to a computer glitch.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.