Trailer in NJ

• Hi Fellow Slingshoters!

Two questions (maybe more).

Does anyone have a trailer for rent in the NJ area? Also, what is the minimum size trailer that would fit if I needed to buy one? I saw 7x14 but wasn't sure....

Thanks!

• The 7X14 is the smallest trailer that you could use. I say that, but there are a few that size that are too small for a slingshot to easily get onto and off the trailer due to the low ground clearance. Aluma makes great trailers, and here's the model they make for the slingshot. - Aluma 8214 HS 7x14 tilt.

Sling thing, ultimate trailer are two other companies that make slingshot specific trailers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• If your looking for an enclosed, a 7x14 won't work, the width is too small. The sling s about 82-84" wide. Must go to a 8-8 1/2 foot wide. An open trailer has more options in a smaller size.

• True about some issues with the easrly production trailers from Ultimate Trailers. they had issues with their swing arms, people having issues with the compressor working, and I heard of one person having problems with the electric brakes. They have since made improvements to the swing arms, complete wiring harness and are almost finisjed redesgning their height sensor. I haven't heard of any issues with their newer built trailers. I'd feel comfortable that while they may have had some issues, they have identified them and have made changes as needed to provide an wecellent product.

I'm sure there will be others with different opinions, but I have respect for companies that admit to their mistakes and correct them. Apparently they did and have.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• True about some issues with the easrly production trailers from Ultimate Trailers. they had issues with their swing arms, people having issues with the compressor working, and I heard of one person having problems with the electric brakes. They have since made improvements to the swing arms, complete wiring harness and are almost finisjed redesgning their height sensor. I haven't heard of any issues with their newer built trailers. I'd feel comfortable that while they may have had some issues, they have identified them and have made changes as needed to provide an wecellent product.

I'm sure there will be others with different opinions, but I have respect for companies that admit to their mistakes and correct them. Apparently they did and have.

The above may be true (although I am extremely skeptical based on personal experience), but that doesn't negate the fact that the Ultimate system relies on a compressor and other electrical components------thus making road travel that much more risky should one of these systems fail. I mean if the compressor goes, you're permanently stuck in either the up or down position until a solution can be found. Under the KISS doctrine, keeping components mechanical and basic eliminates many possibilities for a catastrophic failure, and being on the road while traveling far from home I would feel more confident any issues could be repaired with a minimal amount of tools and knowledge. Just my take, although in full disclosure, I am one of the victims from the Ultimate debacle.