Pros and Cons

• Not to sound stupid, but I have been researching and debating on whether or not to purchase a slingshot slr. Im on the fence really and im concerned about the safety since I've read alot about problems with breaking and slingshots catching fire, even though im pretty sure its just bs. Any thoughts from any owners? Sorry if i sound inexperienced just wanted some advice especially since ive heard theyve been recalled a few times.
    Edit: dont want any regrets so can i make this my primary mode of transport, such as driving it long distance or on the highway

• Not to sound stupid, but I have been researching and debating on whether or not to purchase a slingshot slr. Im on the fence really and im concerned about the safety since I've read alot about problems with breaking and slingshots catching fire, even though im pretty sure its just bs. Any thoughts from any owners? Sorry if i sound inexperienced just wanted some advice especially since ive heard theyve been recalled a few times.

welcome to the forum, a lot of great people here to help. As far as your concerns, there are none, these things are very safe and they don't just catch on fire. Yes they've had a few recalls, but they are fine. As far as buying a slr, if you like to mod or make it your own, buy a base and save some money. But either way, your going to have fun

I have 25000 miles on mine and 22000 of them are turbo'ed. So ignore the bs. Do not buy an slr unless you plan to leave it completely stock, which is absurd. You're going to mod and potentially mod heavy. The sound system it comes with is crap. Don't waste the money on the sound or wheels. Buy a base unit. You'll be far happier in the long run. Heck an slr is what 8k more than a base? Imagine what you could do to your ride with 8k. Turbo/super and wheels? Not even up for debate.

• @Skapoor there are some of here that have pushed this machine to its limits without issues.
    The catching fire issue is covered in recall and would have already been address on a new unit. I have never heard or an issue with brakes other than a soft pedal which has also been corrected.

We ride at triple digit speeds in the mountains and on the track - most fun I have ever had and I have compete confidence in my SS. Don't forget the best part about this machine I you can customize it to do what you want it to do.

Hoe you join us

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Skapoor there are some of here that have pushed this machine to its limits without issues.
    The catching fire issue is covered in recall and would have already been address on a new unit. I have never heard or an issue with brakes other than a soft pedal which has also been corrected.

We ride at triple digit speeds in the mountains and on the track - most fun I have ever had and I have compete confidence in my SS. Don't forget the best part about this machine I you can customize it to do what you want it to do.

Hoe you join us

By triple digit speeds, are you referring to that blast in the mountains where you were clocked at a whopping 35.6 mph?

(love ya Mitch)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Pros it's awesome, fun to drive, unique head turning, The women love it. Alot of mods to make it your own. Cons will suck your wallet dry, if your married will have to tell the ladies sorry can't give you a ride, Will take an extra 10 minutes at every gas station getting asked questions and pushing through the mob Everytime you walk out of a restaurant. I've never felt unsafe in my SS. Just be defensive driving and treat it like a motorcycle and assume people don't see you. Hell even when people do see you they don't pay attention to there own driving and become a danger to themselves. Get one a you will never regret it.

one in a million, just be proactive, carry a :thumbsup: extinguisher

• No issues, recalls done..It's like anything, anything can happen But I don't recall anything happening to any members here or "Other place" (we won't go there) As for safety, safer than a bike & more comfortable. Only Non safe aspect is all the people taking there eyes off the road to check you out and snap a pic, So maybe it's really NOT that safe :D

Welcome to forum..Intro?? ?(

with the crew here we can answer just about anything... :thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I have 25000 miles on mine and 22000 of them are turbo'ed. So ignore the bs. Do not buy an slr unless you plan to leave it completely stock, which is absurd. You're going to mod and potentially mod heavy. The sound system it comes with is crap. Don't waste the money on the sound or wheels. Buy a base unit. You'll be far happier in the long run. Heck an slr is what 8k more than a base? Imagine what you could do to your ride with 8k. Turbo/super and wheels? Not even up for debate.

Im 16 And ive been working my ass off with 3 jobs for the last 2 years to afford it so i dont have any experience with cars. For mods, is it stuff any old person can figure out how to install or does polaris install it for you? Have you ever drove this on the highway or long distance? Sorry just want to be sure I apologize for all the questions

• Im 16 And ive been working my ass off with 3 jobs for the last 2 years to afford it so i dont have any experience with cars. For mods, is it stuff any old person can figure out how to install or does polaris install it for you? Have you ever drove this on the highway or long distance? Sorry just want to be sure I apologize for all the questions

Well sir even a young person can install mods - I am old now but started working go carts when I was 12.
    yes we drive them on the highway for long distances. It drives very much like a car. You should be very proud of yourself working so hard to get something you want. When you get one this is the place to come for help of with questions.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!