Front Grill Frame -DIY

• Quick easy frame mounts for SS (grill work :D Cheese)

2 pieces of alum that is 18" x 3/4". 1/8" thick
    1 sheet of the grill material of your choice
    8 nice looking black finishing hex screws and washers
    10 black wire ties

You will need to remove the lower panels to really get in and see behind to mount the grill. The aluminum strips are your outside frame pieces that must be twisted and mounted. One mounting point is right behind the turn signals and the second will be underneath the lower panel "wings". Not much to it but you will have to do a tiny amount of modification so it looks clean at the top mounting points behind the turn signal
    Only 2 bends are needed

Both pieces are heated and bend a 90 degree (L) to them at about 2 7/8" from the end. See pictures:

Your second bend is more of a "twist" at approximately 3/4" from the 90 degree bend. See pictures:

Added two holes for mounting the frames. Then I added 3 holes to help hold the grill to the frame for stability.

Less than $50.00 after you add the grill.

Hope this is easy enough... I apologize if I did not make the write up more detailed - lack of time.

• attaching the upper brackets... under and inside each turn signal corner. A small slit must be done to insert the aluminum pieces.... line up and drill a small 3 1/6" hole to mount.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• @lrobbi - thinking about doing something like this in the near future. Love the look. I was wondering if you had:

A) a picture or two of your Sling from the front with the hood down, to see the complete package;
    B) any details on attachment of that center grille;
    C) any other details on the slit in the turn signal other than "cut a slit." Does the aluminum bar just rest in the slot of stabilization, or is there a fastener in there somewhere?
    D) any lessons learned, or advice for an amateur DIYer who has nowhere near your skills or experience?

Thanks! :D

• I will post a few pics of the front with the hood down. It looks really unique.

"Cut a Slit"... yes it is attached with a black hex screw w/ lock washer nut. That's in the last picture but I can take more so you can see it better.

Lessons learned; be sure to measure exactly on both aluminum bars. I found one bar to be 3/8" shorter and I can see that it throws off the look - no one notices but I can tell.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I've been waiting for this concept...really upgrades the front end. I would love a blacked out version for the Black Pearl! You need to bottle this thing and get it to market!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I've been waiting for this concept...really upgrades the front end. I would love a blacked out version for the Black Pearl! You need to bottle this thing and get it to market!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

I have certainly thought about doing that.

Thanks

This Grill and its "L" Brackets have held up. I have even gone through rocks and gravel on back roads and the mesh grill all head up fine. And let me just say the amount of gravel I hit flew over the top of SS and I had to pull over... No damage to the grill.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,