Looking for brighter headlights not satisfied with my Tric LEDs in there now??

• Here was the link that popped up is this place legit The Retrofit Source | The Best HID & LED Projector Headlight Upgrades

Or is there another place I should order them from

Great that is their local dealer, if you don't have am aftermarket fusebox give these guys a call and explain to them that you are running the power wire all the way to the battery that is in the back of the vehicle and they can help you come up with a long enough power wire extension unless you are comfortable doing it on your own.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I thought these kits were plug-and-play you just plug it into your wire harness and put the ballast somewhere and you're ready to go I didn't realize you had to run power wires back to the battery?? All the videos I've watched they just plug directly into the stock harness

They are plug and play from their own wire harness. You always want to use an independent wire harness with HID setups. The stock wiring will only act as a trigger for the HID kit.

If you don't want to use the wire harness with the HIDs then I would advise you not to get them and use the LED lights but you're not going to be happy with the leds

• I thought these kits were plug-and-play you just plug it into your wire harness and put the ballast somewhere and you're ready to go I didn't realize you had to run power wires back to the battery?? All the videos I've watched they just plug directly into the stock harness

Depends what you get and where from.

Cheap kits don't even come with the correct plug for your bulb. The nicer kits are plug and play. I'm assuming your looking at one with the relay. If you run one kit I don't think you would need one. Swapping them all out I would not use all of the factory wiring. I did that with the Canadian upgrade and about a year later it fried a switch.. not sure what one. It I lost control of my brights and one of the h3 lights on each side.

• From my experience if you are going to run the HID head lights, I would run a separate relay and fused circuit for each pair of the HID's. The stock set up will not support 4 HIDs with the one relay.

You don't need to run a relay harness/kit for each set of HID, you just need one that is able to handle the current surge/demand for them.

You should only have/need separate harnesses/circuits if you want the lights to function independently.

For example i have my center headlights always on and my outer like on a switch so i have 2 relay harnesses one for inner and one for outer.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Hi All,

Interested in @Jimmy540i HID kit for the Slingshot. It doesn’t appear that any additional wiring or harnesses are needed? It says it’s a simple plug and play for the bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with these? I read up above that the stock harness/ wiring will not support the HID bulbs. Will I have an issue with these bulbs affecting the Slingshot? Seems like a good deal and they look good. They say they are xenon but produce an HID glare. Looks like they throw more light on a stock setup. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2-sets-…7e9caf:g:I78AAOSw4UtWSCag

• Hi All,

Interested in @Jimmy540i HID kit for the Slingshot. It doesn’t appear that any additional wiring or harnesses are needed? It says it’s a simple plug and play for the bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with these? I read up above that the stock harness/ wiring will not support the HID bulbs. Will I have an issue with these bulbs affecting the Slingshot? Seems like a guy good deal and they look good. They say they are xenon but produce an HID glare. Looks like they throw more light on a stock setup. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2-sets-…7e9caf:g:I78AAOSw4UtWSCag

I have the Canadian conversion running 6 HIDs. The US version headlights are all running on the stock wiring and then I ran separate wiring for the additional Canadian add on HIDs. I got mine from DDM, but so far, so good. I've been running them for about 3 years now...

• I have the original Slingshotonly Canadian Headlights w/LED bulbs.
    First complaint is the LED bulbs at the time required drilling out the headlight holes.
    Second complaint was the restricted aiming capability provided with Polaris'' design. My Canadian Headlights are pointed down and to the center of the roadway a little in front of the Slingshot when I have the original outer auxiliary headlights properly aimed. Makes the Canadian Headlights pretty much useless as far as I am concerned.
    I've been thinking about 2 possible solutions -
    Either reinstalling the CH units with some washers to act as spacers to better align the CH lights with the auxiliary headlights OR
    Ordering 2 dedicated High beam 60 mm Hella headlights and 2 dedicated Low beam Hella 60 mm units from Amazon and wiring them so only 4 lights are on with a relay controlling whioch lights are on using High beam or Low beam. Unfortunately, the HELLA 998570021 60mm HB3High Beam SAE Headlamp is now listed at $242 instead of the old listing of around $58! The HELLA 998570001 60mm HB3 Low Beam SAE Headlamp is still listed at $43, though.
    I guess a 3rd option would be to try and mount additional Center Hella headlight units in the CH positions, but that would probably require a lot of additional mods to the brackets.

• Bought the T2 headlight kit from SM last year. 2 burned out after a month. They sent replacements. Went out this morning and another one burned out. Center ones are fine. The outer ones keep burning out. Any recommendations for headlights that don't burn out all the time? I do like the white color of the LEDs though.