Gun Guys

• That website does have some great prices. Thanks @BONES. The Wolf brand is out, I can't do Russian ammo, or steel case. I only buy American ammo and the ranges around here don't allow steel case (has to be brass). But I may have to get some of that American Eagle and Federal. ;)

Be careful with American Eagle. We've just started having issues with that ammo. Misfires, wimpy loads not ejecting. Had to finally set the American Eagle aside and used only the Federal ammo we had.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Ordered Blazer Brass said to be good mid grade ammo. Good reviews a few buddies swear by it. Ordered a few hundred rnds. Can shoot anything through Glock :thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• +1 on this website. Best Webcrawler out there. Once upon a time, in my pre-Slingshot days, I was buying hundreds of rounds a month...this site is a must-have.

Back when the 22 cal. disappeared off of the market I was shooting about 17,000 rounds of 22 alone plus the other cal. That was one 550 box a day min. per day of the 22's.

• I prairie dog hunt at least once a year out in New Mexico. I will shoot anywhere from 500 to a 1000 rounds a day with my odd ball caliber rifles. I know I can get these rounds from AmmoSeek at the cheapest prices.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• That website does have some great prices. Thanks @BONES. The Wolf brand is out, I can't do Russian ammo, or steel case. I only buy American ammo and the ranges around here don't allow steel case (has to be brass). But I may have to get some of that American Eagle and Federal. ;)

I agree on the steel case or even aluminum ammo most indoor ranges don't allow it its all brass for me.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I talked to my buddy that owns Spikes tactical today. Ordered a new AR. A 308 blackout. 10" barrel and suppressed.
    All billet. Super light build.
    He's doing a lot of custom work on it too.
    I do tactical shooting competitions so weight is a huge factor for me.
    It'll be one of their new "Crusader" series. It has a bible verse etched into the lower.
    Psalm 144:1—”Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle”
    Most guys use 5.56, but I I prefer 300 due to the reduced recoil and that I can shoot with or without the suppressor screwed on without messing with the gas settings.

This is the inscription.

• I'm with you. Been holding out on the blackout until I see if suppressor go full easy access. Otherwise I'll just stick with 556.

• Very nice @Joker256, very nice indeed. As a competitive shooter, what sights do you and others find to be best? Also, Spikes Tactical sounds and looks so familiar. Do they advertise in Recoil magazine? I could check, but I'm settled in now. :)

They probably do. They have become one of the foremost AR builders in the country.
    Most people call my friend Spike, but to me he's still Mike, the guy who was just a great gunsmith. Know him forever.
    As far as sights, for a red dot, I love the Aimpoint Micro H1. It's the smallest and lightest on the market and is great quality. Size and weight are a big thing for me.
    I also like the the Vortex sparc2.
    As for a scope, the Vortex Spitfire is great.
    If you want longer distance the ACOG will do you great.