SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• First off just let me say WOW, :00008040: , what a weekend !
    I want to throw out a few :thumbsup: ,
    Scott and the crew from Slingshot Only, thanks for expediting my order and resolving my electrical issues along with several other things. Thanks Scott, you and your family, along with your super crew, :thumbup: (Danny jr. your a electrical genius) thanks
    Henry from Alpha, thanks for the quality work you did for me along with the countless others I seen you help. :00000436:
    Phil, (mniron)thanks for the hood buttons.
    Rich, from Wyked hitch, meeting you and your daughter was a absolute pleasure, your funny as hell bud. :00008356:
    Vernon and the crew from Lite the Night LED's, holy shit "WOW", what great work you and your crew did to make my Sling "pop" like you wouldn't believe. :00000441: , thank you once again
    Ivor, thanks for all the organizing and making this happen, kudos bud, :00000156:
    Staff at the Comfort Inn, awesome service :D
    Last but certainly not least all of the people we we met on this weekend of fun, from the people we've met for the first time to others we've got to meet again. You all have made this a life long memory for Jane and myself and I would like to say. "Thank You" to all :00002448:

• The wife and I are home after two 600 mile days and we had a blast!!! Thank you to @MBMedic and his Wife Kim for sharing thier time with us it was great spending time with the two of you.

@Texas T and Marlene what can I say what a great couple, you guys made this elderly couple feel young again. We would love to plan a trip with you guys anytime.

@adventure4me we are always happy to be able to spend time with the famous Anita and share stories can't wait to follow your next adventure!!

Thank you to Ivor for putting on another great event!! Thank you to all who came to the event I talked to a lot of you and enjoyed your company. Thank you to all the vendors you guys rock!!!

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Wow, it was one incredible trip we had. What a great event. @Turbosling and @JeffWelter, thanks for helping Ivan with two of the greatest events ever pulled off at a rally IMHO The hill climb and autocross were just fantastic. I'm about to run out of verbs. To those I met personally, or those I just passed in the night, thank you all for a great week with awesome memories. We did all 13.5 hours (960 miles) today. I'm glad I have shocks and seats that are not factory!

@slolane I can't say enough about your knowledge and kindness, and your wife is one tough cookie!
    @MBMedic and @SLLE Canada It was great meeting my northern friends and putting faces with these names!
    @SaltyJ It is always my pleasure to see you.
    @RichArlt You are a class act, I'm glad I got to know you.
    @adventure4me Great meeting a legend!
    @StickerDick Thanks for the decals, and letting me check out that Honda. It kind of reminded me of the last boat I had that broke something every time I took it out. That being said, it is an original and obviously you have spent countless hours on it.
    @mniron Phil, it was great talking with you and seeing your fantastic clean looking machine. The fenders didn't flap at all on the way home.
    The rest of you made an impact as well, it was a great week! Thanks @ivor Nathan for working so hard to keep us all in line and on time.

Last but not least, a shout out to my brothers in blue at Avon PD without whom the best events would not have happened. Stay safe out there.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

Edited 2 times, last by Texas T ().

• Unbelievable. I'm working on a few video edits, should have them up sometime this week. I'd drive back tomorrow just to do it again.

not me, lol. Kim & I got baked coming across 18 into Deadwood tonight. Damn we NEED a top, lol.

Stopped for supper in Deadwood at some sort of old revamped 'Gentlemen's Club'

Pretty cool place. Food was great too.

Ran into @mniron as he was pulling into town too.

Since it cooled off we decided to push on. However, as we were about to head North, the clouds closed in and looked threatening. Knowing that run is 2 hours with no services and no motels, we chickened out and stopped in Spearfish, SD.

We were thinking of going to Mount Rushmore tomorrow but South & North Dakota are under heat advisories for the next couple days. So we'll do that another time. We're pushing home tomorrow. Will check in when we get there.

• Hit a little nasty weather today, we figured it wasn't going to be too bad... the picture really doesn't do it justice
    temps went from 100 to 62 in a few minutes then the sky opened up no bridges, no exits so we pushed on at about 20 mph

@Bugeater
    was leading

• I stopped in Hayes KS about two hours from where truck and camper are stored. With losing an hour and Sling temp reading a cool 100, that was enough. Glad to see some are home and to others, be safe!! A great time as always! So glad to have met more of you, and to have seen friends from the past. Some great surprises with some coming that said they wouldn't be there. To all of you, thank you for your friendship!