SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• That really sucks @slolane!!!

Oh man...I bet Hotshoe was ready to put one of her hot shoes right square up their asses!!!!! They do not want to get on her bad side!!!

Please giver her a big hug from the Jones Brothers......she needs it!!!! ;(

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @slolane hope they can get it all done! That is really the pits!

That sucks @slolane! That's the Captain America bike right? ;(

That really sucks @slolane!!!

Oh man...I bet Hotshoe was ready to put one of her hot shoes right square up their asses!!!!! They do not want to get on her bad side!!!

Please giver her a big hug from the Jones Brothers......she needs it!!!! ;(

She actually took it much better than our son who is a salesman at the dealer. We are just glad we took it in last week and not waited another week. They should have plenty of time to get it fixed and Captain America should be good to go for the trip.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Thanks for the update @slolane!!
    Whew!!! I'm glad she's in good spirits!!
    I may have taken it worse than she did....I need to simmer down now....I'm still pissed about their mishandling of such a gorgeous bike!! I love that frickin thing!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks for the update @slolane!!
    Whew!!! I'm glad she's in good spirits!!
    I may have taken it worse than she did....I need to simmer down now....I'm still pissed about their mishandling of such a gorgeous bike!! I love that frickin thing!!!

We went in to look at the damage and the service mgr. took us back to see it I could tell how bad he felt. He was much more upset than we were and we were not going to make anyone feel worse. My son really lit into them but it was one of those accidents that happen. The worse part is it happened yesterday and they didn't tell us till today not that it would make a difference but son works there and they should have let him know. All parts are ordered and should be installed next week the graphics place has been notified and will be waiting. All in all could have been a lot worse the lift was still on the floor so it didn't fall far. But with all the plastic it doesn't take much to damage all the plastic.

Didn't want to hi-jack the thread but many of you have seen her bike and she is going to ride it to the Rockies to the event.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I'm leaving Washington state 2 weeks from tomorrow!. Hopefully meeting up with California guys in Nevada or Utah! Just made appt for 30,000 mile service and they have brake sensors!!

Anita have a safe trip and I'm meeting Tony in Las Vegas Sunday July 9th then heading into Capitol Reef UT spending the night there...
    Monday's ride is for Pagosa Springs where we'll spend the night there and enjoy the Hot Springs...
    Tuesday we head into Avon...
    So that gives you an idea of our route, hope you can ride along with us!
    I promise not to be in front of you;

• @1poser, you may ride in front - I just won't follow so close!! :D I finally figured that out!

Tony sent me info so plan to meet in Utah, but Vegas may still be possible so need to know where you are staying. Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

• @1poser, you may ride in front - I just won't follow so close!! :D I finally figured that out!

Tony sent me info so plan to meet in Utah, but Vegas may still be possible so need to know where you are staying. Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

Here's Utah's dwelling in Capitol Reef
    Sunday 7/9/17

We can meet you along the route or at
    Rodeway Inn.

• Got my GT shocks on and my brakes power bleed by the one and only Henry himself.

Also got the laser alignment done. Man handling is insanely different. A way more responsive vehicle. @Turbosling said they were way of too. Even pointed out how one tire was wearing way more than the other. But it was an even wear, so i didn't notice this till he mentioned it.

All in all though. I am ready for the Rockies and can't wait to get there.

PS: sucks to hear your news @slolane, but good to hear they are on top of it.

• Ivor, any chance of posting a list of riders who have a spot on the hill climb locked in?

@funinthesun I learnt on our very first Rally some years ago not to post names.For various reasons many do not like it,others are booked and at the last minute cannot make it.What I can tell you just on 80 Are pre registered for SSITR which therefore looks like a 100 could be in attendance.There is a further 8 who have booked at the hotel but not registered yet.These normally are sitting on the fence re jobs,weather and register at checkin or may cancel.
    Four pre registrants have declined to participate in the Hill Climb.
    We have 72 down for the Climb which includes you Funinthesun.
    The final list will be after checkin Thu Rd 14 Jul.

• We just did a test run with our Slind, new Wyked hitch and trailer. Loaded it up and drove for about 6 hours to a destination, stayed overnight, here now. So far so good, except last night went to go for a cruise and couldn't get any of my underglow's or halos to work ! I think it's a XKchrome Bluetooth issue ?
    But anyway, I am glad I did the dry run, made me realize how unprepared I was for the big trip. Didn't have a lock for my trailer when uncoupled, need to shorten safety chains, earbuds in half helmet don't work very good, etc, etc, etc. So gonna take my "learnings " and hope to have a less stressful better trip for the long one.
    Hoping to have all my "issues" resolved in time.

• Yeah, I basically just did the same thing with a run to Minneapolis and back. Damn latch broke on my trailer, so now I can't lock my luggage compartment.

However, I think I can swap the front locks with the rear ones. That will solve that issue. Then I just need to rig something for the front. Got a welder, I can't weld aluminum, lined up for this week and will see what kind of trouble I get into, lol.