Accessory Switch Locations / Panel?

• Hey Everyone - I am looking for some suggestions as to where to put additional switches once you've filled the switches in the dash? I have an SLR that I am looking to add some more switches for various accessories and heard that someone might have some panels for switches? Has anyone seen anything that you can point me to? I've looked through a lot of the sites and forums and haven't come up with much.

Where have you put or seen others put switches? I've heard people are putting some in the center console area?

• Interesting, I like it... Someone said they've seen something that went in the Console Area, some kind of a custom panel. I've searched around but haven't been able to come up with anything.

• You could always do the Bluetooth app controlled switch that goes in the engine compartment. A few people on the forms have them and from what I have heard they're pretty good. It's got several input and outputs and I think it's completely configurable for voltages, levels on off etc.

• Someone, I think on the old site, used that spot to mount their handgun, IIRC.

That's me that came up with that one. My Ruger LCP in a Sneaky Pete holster clips right in there.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hey Everyone - I am looking for some suggestions as to where to put additional switches once you've filled the switches in the dash? I have an SLR that I am looking to add some more switches for various accessories and heard that someone might have some panels for switches? Has anyone seen anything that you can point me to? I've looked through a lot of the sites and forums and haven't come up with much.

Where have you put or seen others put switches? I've heard people are putting some in the center console area?

There are guys on this forum who have added a switch on the center of the vertical panel, in line with the button for clicking through your odometer. I've seen pictures on this forum of switches on the angled panels on either side of *that,* and I've seen switches on the angles panel alongside your e-brake.

• Interesting, I like it... Someone said they've seen something that went in the Console Area, some kind of a custom panel. I've searched around but haven't been able to come up with anything.

@funhouse69, don't know if this is what you are looking for but I built a replacement console when I got frustrated trying to control things separately with 4 switches. I ordered an SL console trim piece from Polaris to use as a pattern. This is a no going back project as almost all of the abs is removed save for a square section around the start switnch. I used that as the bottom anchor. If your interested, I'll be glad to supply as much info as I can. Also, I have installed a stinger roof and use the stinger center piece to hold my rear view monitor seen hanging in the center. I fab'd the bottom cover for the stinger from sheet abs and installed more switches and cabin lighting.

• Here is our current switch set up:

- All the added switches run to the under-hood auxiliary fuse box (from Slingmods).

- Top 3 switches (including re-positioned Hazard Light switch) are all wired/fused directly to +12V so they can power up accessories even without the ignition Key on (Helpful at night to turn on: Interior LED's, Flux Capacitor, etc before getting in).

- Large Red LED below Hazard Switch Flashes brightly when alarm is on. (Note: there is room for two small switches or push-buttons that could be added left and right of this LED if needed)

- Lower switches (Below radio level) all require Key-on in ignition to activate accessories.

- Small red LED's tied-in above two lowest added switches, so it is more obvious the switches are on when driving (so I don't forget and get a ticket while driving around with active forward facing Knight Rider, red, or blue LED's)

- I have not thought of a way to label all the switches that looks good, so for now I just remember what controls what. For my passengers, I have laminated a small reference diagram and keep it in the glove box. (Note: several switch positions are still unassigned and available for future accessories)

- Round Gauge on lower left is dual purpose: First thirty seconds it displays the Battery Voltage, then it automatically changes to show water temp. (Note: If looking close, you can see the tiny momentary-off push button to the left of the Alarm LED. Pushing this interrupts power to the gauge which "resets" the gauge so I can check voltage at any time)