Review of @mniron's Hood Button Installation

• So.... Best (or least problematic) extended hood hinges?

Madstad SlingshotOnly? Or DDM? What about MeanSling's assist?

I have the Madstad Hinges and they work flawlessly. If I would chose by looks alone, I like the DDM Hinges. I have open and closed as many of one as the other and in my opinion the Madstad opens easier, the DDM seems to start opening with a lot of effort then surprisingly goes all the way open. The Madstad eases to the midpoint then you open fully with good control. Both of these Hinges take a lot of time to get them adjusted perfectly but it can be achieved with either one. I have noticed that the DDM Hinges seem to hold the nose of the hood slightly higher which creates a gap with the lowers, this also can be adjusted and not be noticeable.

I won't be changing my Madstad Hinges out any time soon since they work so well. If I was making a decision for my build today I would chose raw DDM Hinges and custom powder coat because the Madstad Hinges are a poor match for the Pearl Red SlingShot. Like I said before for looks alone the DDM Hinges win.

• If you want extended hinges - I say DDM
    If you want a hood lift defiantly Mean Sling

Pretty sure they don't work together

Thank you @MACAWS and @Bill Martin for the call out. Mine is a simple assist design that requires one hole to be drilled but utilizes existing holes on either side. As noted it allows for an easier opening and controls the slamming when lowering. Its balanced and does not have a spring open type of approach. You honestly do not want this as it will cause the lowering to be a royal PITA. Each kit will work a little different when opening or closing but all work on the same balanced design.

I don't think the MeanSling version is in the same category as the others. It does not extend the hood but the Installation also does not require any readjustment of the hood after installation.

Apples and oranges in my opinion and pricing reflects it.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Now you guys have me all nervous!! I got the Madstat hinges from Slingshot only(But almost 2 weeks later I STILL have not received the shock for them!!) and have already installed my hood buttons! Hopefully it aligns ok! Buttons are an excellent addition to eliminate the flappy fenders but if its mis-aligned well you only get 1 shot to drill through your hood!! confused-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Now you guys have me all nervous!! I got the Madstat hinges from Slingshot only(But almost 2 weeks later I STILL have not received the shock for them!!) and have already installed my hood buttons! Hopefully it aligns ok! Buttons are an excellent addition to eliminate the flappy fenders but if its mis-aligned well you only get 1 shot to drill through your hood!! confused-squared

No worries, you will be able to get everything aligned, be patient and take the time you need. The Madstad Hinges came long after I installed Buttons, my Hinges and Fender Buttons work perfectly. Others have done the same successfully.

• Just wanted to bring this thread up to Thank MnIron for the hood latch buttons. I didn't go to Ozarks specifically for this, but when i saw he was there, I didn't even think twice about it. Didn't even ask the price, just said I was next. He had them done in 30 minutes. Could have been 10 mins if every one didn't keep stopping in to talk to him.

And they work GREAT! I tested them out and no flapping from the front of the fender at all.

BTW, I found out that his tag mean Minnesota Iron, not Mini Ron, or Minion, or anything else like that.

• Does anyone have a PDF of the instructions they could post?

I would like to read so I can compare the different approach with these buttons vs others offered that mount through the existing hood bumper location.

Thanks

Hey @Live-a-Little! - You are putting too much thought into this... If you search this site you will find that @mniron has an impeccable reputation and a great product. Why not just buy them and spend the time you are researching them and really live a little