SLR Parts Questions

• Hi All,

I posted this on the other slingshot forums well. I am on both on a daily basis. I guess I joined after all the..... issues. Hope it doesn't offend anyone, just looking for some help. Thanks.

Hi All,

My 2016 Black Pearl SL LE is in the shop getting the recall work completed. While I was there I was admiring an SLR.

I particularly like the seats, steering wheel, and shift knob. My thoughts on the other SLR add ons (CAI, rotors, upgraded wheels and tires), while they are also nice, I want to go in a different direction.

Just wondering if anyone can help with part numbers of the steering wheel and shift knob made my SPARCO. Polaris sells the shift knob and boot for $199. Not sure if that is a good deal or not? Also, in the pictures online it appears that the shift boot has perforated holes in it. Does this mean that the knew shift boot is not waterproof?

Likewise with the steering wheel. Polaris is selling the wheel for $399. Anything special that I need to know about before trying to source directly from SPARCO?

I appreciate any insight. Thanks all.
    [/quote]

• Caveated by the fact that I have no idea what you like, there are all kinds of knobs out there much cheaper than what Polaris offers. Many people on here have opted for the short shifter, and then replace the shift knob with whatever they fancy. Amazon has some.... interesting... knobs if you are looking to personalize things a bit.

The steering wheel is similar -- there are tons of options out there for less than the SLR model, and many more at a similar cost point with different designs.

I'm sure you already knew all of that, so I'll just sum it up by saying "look around before you buy so you don't kick yourself later."

• Caveated by the fact that I have no idea what you like, there are all kinds of knobs out there

I can't believe that @Tripod hasn't jumped all over that comment.
    Luckily I know you are armed and your husband is way bigger than me or I would get things started.....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ha @MiM, I was just looking that up. Apparently I ordered the arm on eBay and i can’t find a way to look up previous purchases. Don’t use eBay much and I may have ordered it as a guest. I ordered the actual short shifter from DDM and I believe @mytoy provided the link for the lever. I ordered the knob from him because he had a nice one with the shift pattern on it. You never know when you might need a reminder of the pattern. :D

• Ha @MiM, I was just looking that up. Apparently I ordered the arm on eBay and i can’t find a way to look up previous purchases. Don’t use eBay much and I may have ordered it as a guest. I ordered the actual short shifter from DDM and I believe @mytoy provided the link for the lever. I ordered the knob from him because he had a nice one with the shift pattern on it. You never know when you might need a reminder of the pattern. :D

Here you go, just make sure yous shifter is M 10 X 1.5

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch