I want to do a monthly shirt giveaway for our members.

• I want to come up with some way to give a shirt away to a member each month. It CANT be based on points because the point run up when member post in the NSFW section. Anyone have any other ideas on how to pick a winner each week. Maybe based on some type of forum activity. Maybe we can do a activity report for the active members and take out the NSFW section activity. I'll check in on something like that in my side.

Sometimes I overlook the obvious so if someone knows a way to come up with a weekly winner please post it..

• What about how many likes they get in a given period? You could eliminate the effects of the NSFW section (or not) if you want, but the likes would give an indication of how pertinent / useful / funny their contributions are to others....which is a pretty good metric, in my mind.

• That is why I posted this. I figure we could toss this idea around for a while and come up with something. And I'll even toss in a small sticker to put on the corner of your windshield. I just want people to have a chance to get some free stuff for participating on the forum. I really like to give stuff away.

• What about how many likes they get in a given period? You could eliminate the effects of the NSFW section (or not) if you want, but the likes would give an indication of how pertinent / useful / funny their contributions are to others....which is a pretty good metric, in my mind.

That is something I can look at for sure.

Keep these ideas coming..

• Members could nominate each other. Once you have, say 5 nominations, then you put up a poll and let the forum members vote who is most deserving each week. Once you win a week you can't be entered again for the same prize (i.e. another shirt).

• Members could nominate each other. Once you have, say 5 nominations, then you put up a poll and let the forum members vote who is most deserving each week. Once you win a week you can't be entered again for the same prize (i.e. another shirt).

I nominate @TheRock! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Or, you could normalize the posts/likes ratio, whoever has the highest number of average likes per post in a given week...that would also remove the effect of the NSFW section...or even kind of penalize that section, since most of the posts only get 3-5 likes each in those sections.

• Awesome idea! Hope you have size fat... Only real men wear 2xl and up... :) I'm sure the ideas will be flowing on how to judge.

I think judging on how useful a post is would prevent a lot from qualifying. I myself am someone who does not obtain the skill that you guys have. I almost like the activity vote, purely on the basis of one's involvement in the forums. I am no where near the knowledge level of you guys, but i love to learn and I find it exciting to read through people's "problems posts" to expand my knowledge. My generation (I'm 30 in April...) is a group that never picked tools up to fix anything or to think outside the box (read a post of a guy creating a plastic "shield" to force air into his turbo'd? Intercooler). Genius! The people here are awesome and I see why you call each other brothers/sisters and family.

P.S.- does this post qualify for a free shirt? #INeedANewShirt! :thumbup::D

• How would that be judged?

A person would quote a post & say "I nominate this post for Most Helpful Post of the Week". Let's say that gets 10 likes. Someone else quotes & nominates another post & that one gets 15 likes. You get the gist. Highest # of likes per nomination wins.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• How about something similar to what @TheRock did

Pictures of shirts on location.

example this week it is car dealer - who ever submits the most picture of themselves in a slingshotinfo shirt at as many different car dealers - runs Monday thru Saturday winner picked Sunday.

You could have blast picking places

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Awesome idea! Hope you have size fat... Only real men wear 2xl and up... :) I'm sure the ideas will be flowing on how to judge.

I think judging on how useful a post is would prevent a lot from qualifying. I myself am someone who does not obtain the skill that you guys have. I almost like the activity vote, purely on the basis of one's involvement in the forums. I am no where near the knowledge level of you guys, but i love to learn and I find it exciting to read through people's "problems posts" to expand my knowledge. My generation (I'm 30 in April...) is a group that never picked tools up to fix anything or to think outside the box (read a post of a guy creating a plastic "shield" to force air into his turbo'd? Intercooler). Genius! The people here are awesome and I see why you call each other brothers/sisters and family.

P.S.- does this post qualify for a free shirt? #INeedANewShirt! :thumbup::D

Your in luck. Because the admin of the site is a 5x. And have every shirt in every color from size Small up to 5xl!

And yes. If you send me a Private Message with your address and shirt size I'll send you a shirt..