• So, as some of you know, I have been waiting to buy my slingshot due to recovery from surgery on my arm. Well, I'm FINALLY better! (80%, better than expected, but I'll take it)

I'm ready to buy, but now it's so far into the 2017 run that I'm wondering if there will be a 2017.5 like they've done I the past. Possible new colors?
    I've waited way too long to be able get one, but debating waiting a little longer to see what's available if they do a mid year.
    Has anyone heard anything?

• @Joker256 that's great news regarding your arm! Congrats & thanks for the update!

You may also want to consider a low mileage, "gently used" Slingshot to save some cash. Have even seen used ones with custom paint. Just a thought...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Not that I am aware of, however this is normally the time of the year they would announce something of that sort.

@cball86 any insight to a 17.5 version?

I Would guess the 2 possible windows to be Feb1 or April 1... in the past this is typically when Polaris likes to release mid year models and color packages.

• So, as some of you know, I have been waiting to buy my slingshot due to recovery from surgery on my arm. Well, I'm FINALLY better! (80%, better than expected, but I'll take it)

I'm ready to buy, but now it's so far into the 2017 run that I'm wondering if there will be a 2017.5 like they've done I the past. Possible new colors?
    I've waited way too long to be able get one, but debating waiting a little longer to see what's available if they do a mid year.

The 2016.5 was introduced at the Chicago Bike Show --- about 10 Feb....
    I have checked the dates yet.

The Chicago Car Show was the same time and they had some Slingshots and the
    car show.

• Or just go buy a 2015 or 2016 and send it to @Painter for a full makeover. I heard that frame-off, full-body paint jobs are his absolute favorite! :00008172:

Ok mr. Demigod!!!!!!!! Body off is good. Painting the frame is bad!

So.... what comes after Demigod??? Super Demigod? Demigod's Demigod? Sideseatdriver? LOL! Congrats my friend!

• Ok mr. Demigod!!!!!!!! Body off is good. Painting the frame is bad!
    So.... what comes after Demigod??? Super Demigod? Demigod's Demigod? Sideseatdriver? LOL! Congrats my friend!

HAHAHAHAHA. Thought you'd appreciate the vote of confidence.

I don't know what's next after demigod, but @Tripod is about to find out....

My personal view on the matter is that if you think about it there is always something better about to be released/announced in a few months and if you wait for it you will be waiting for all eternity.

If you like the current slingshot(s) and you find one that you like and fits whatever criteria of a budget you have setup then buy it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Joker256 that's great news regarding your arm! Congrats & thanks for the update!

You may also want to consider a low mileage, "gently used" Slingshot to save some cash. Have even seen used ones with custom paint. Just a thought...

I'm one of those people that doesn't like to buy used since you never know how the previous owner drove it and took care of it. =O

Or just go buy a 2015 or 2016 and send it to @Painter for a full makeover. I heard that frame-off, full-body paint jobs are his absolute favorite! :00008172:

As much as I would LOVE one of @Painter 's works of art, that is definitely out of the "Wife Approved" budget. :(

My personal view on the matter is that if you think about it there is always something better about to be released/announced in a few months and if you wait for it you will be waiting for all eternity.
    If you like the current slingshot(s) and you find one that you like and fits whatever criteria of a budget you have setup then buy it.

I agree. I'm definitely buying soon, but since we have a couple of months of cold weather with limited seat time, would hate buy now without knowing if there is a color I would like more come out in a month or two. Definitely NOT waiting for the 2018s!

Was hoping that one of the dealers on here would know if a mid year model was coming.

• @Joker256 , I must respectfully disagree . I'm with @Tripod on this one. There are some 'gently used' Slingshots out there and many were purchased, put in the garage and driven very little. Many have extended warranties and as good as new for thousands less.
    Even those with several thousand miles are worth looking at. (Ending with a preposition)

Sling owners tend to personalize (Ask me how I know) and having some cash savings over buying new helps accomplish that. If you are expecting a new Sling to come out in the color you want, it probably won't happen but even if it does, you'll then be in a group of Slings the same color!

I still believe custom paint is the very best investment you can make, most often raising the value way beyond the cost! If it were me, I'd be looking in the used market with some of the "mods" already done and then make it your own.

• ill only add that yes it's winter but we are in GA. Your further south than me... Today was 70 degrees and the riding was great on Jan.12th.

Just saying.. :D

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Joker256 , I must respectfully disagree . I'm with @Tripod on this one. There are some 'gently used' Slingshots out there and many were purchased, put in the garage and driven very little. Many have extended warranties and as good as new for thousands less.
    Even those with several thousand miles are worth looking at. (Ending with a preposition)

Sling owners tend to personalize (Ask me how I know) and having some cash savings over buying new helps accomplish that. If you are expecting a new Sling to come out in the color you want, it probably won't happen but even if it does, you'll then be in a group of Slings the same color!

I still believe custom paint is the very best investment you can make, most often raising the value way beyond the cost! If it were me, I'd be looking in the used market with some of the "mods" already done and then make it your own.

@Painter You should totally change your call tag from "master" to "Jedi Master" or "Yoda".

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Very good points, sir.
    Gives me something to think about.