Report your current weather here.

• after noon and not yet 100 - - - - I love it, the ride home this afternoon should be much more tolerable than has been in some time - might even stay below 110 all week and that would be fantastic 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Anything heard?

yup - he's ok

Ran into a rough spot with an aunt that could use some get well wishes and prayers

Being the typical A100 awesome guy he is with the fires close by they have been keeping busy because they took it upon themselves to help out with some fundraisers for the firefighters and EMS buy selling t-shirts and donating proceeds to help them keep the fight going

Even had to replace his big printing machine

This is just another member of our family who goes above and beyond without a peep or whimper

@STYLN you sir are an inspiration

• Thank you folks for the sincere concern! It warms my heart to know my presence is missed!

2 months ago my aunt was diagnosed with Bone Marrow cancer in her jaw. What started out as what we thought(as well as the doctors) was an abscess in her tooth became a full blow diagnosis of cancer a month later! Being a nurse, my instinct just kicked in and we have been at the hospital with her weekly. Good news is that she is now in rehab and able to come home tomorrow(Monday 8/21!).

As most of you know California has been on fire again and the beautiful Yosemite National Forest has been scorched pretty badly(just reopened last week after a closure due to the fire). A close friend of mine works for Cal Fire and we asked if we could produce some shirts and sell them then donate the proceeds back to the Cal Fire dept for use to help families and victims that have lost homes, property or loved ones....they agreed and we sold over 4000 shirts to the public raising over $35,000!! It was amazing how communities came together to help in such a huge way! My screen printing partner and several others all helped in organizing our idea and it has paid off well for those in need!

We really appreciate everyone of our brothers and sisters here and cannot be more grateful to be a part of this community! It is very humbling to see so many folks come together and appreciate one another even beyond our favorite hobbies!

Our business suffered a major hit when one of our main printers went down like @Ross said but we are now back up and running with an upgraded model and all at the cost of the manufacturer! I guess in life good deeds have a way of being recognized.

Thank you everyone again from the bottom of our hearts in these tough times and we will be posting some pics on our page soon with some new things we have done to the purple beast!

Jonathan

P.S. If you have been trying to get ahold of us and we have not responded, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TEXT ME OR EMAIL ME DIRECTLY! I will respond. Some our looking for decals and we have sold quite a few nose decals from the website but if you are in CANADA please email us your address and I will work out the shipping issue!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Can't catch a break! Finally get the SS back on the road after being down 2 months. Look last night and the high will only be 96 today and not over 100. Prepared to drive the SS into work and wake up to rain. Hoping for another window later this week. At least the pool is refreshing and the beer is ice cold.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Can't catch a break! Finally get the SS back on the road after being down 2 months. Look last night and the high will only be 96 today and not over 100. Prepared to drive the SS into work and wake up to rain. Hoping for another window later this week. At least the pool is refreshing and the beer is ice cold.

Rain? Nothing around our parts... :huh:

Hopefully we get some too because my grass is crispy.

• They, (weather app), say its going to be 109 - 110 today and yesterday we hit 113

normally I wouldnt think much of this, but yesterday our home AC went out - pretty sure the compressor is shot, its pulling so much current it fried a new contactor as soon as we tried turning it on. Ac dude is coming today between 11 and 3. If as we suspect it is the compressor probably wont be back up and running until late tomorrow at the soonest and that is probably a best case time line

Looks like I will be jumping in the pool after today's ride home

• They, (weather app), say its going to be 109 - 110 today and yesterday we hit 113

normally I wouldnt think much of this, but yesterday our home AC went out - pretty sure the compressor is shot, its pulling so much current it fried a new contactor as soon as we tried turning it on. Ac dude is coming today between 11 and 3. If as we suspect it is the compressor probably wont be back up and running until late tomorrow at the soonest and that is probably a best case time line

Looks like I will be jumping in the pool after today's ride home

Best of luck. Just went through that here in TX. Compressor fried at the 10 year mark. Home warranty kicked in though and saved us. It was either $6.5K for a complete new sys installed next day or wait for the home warranty company to approve and install one for $800 co-pay in a week. Needless to say we migrated to the other side of the house for a week and waited it out.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Rain? Nothing around our parts... :huh:
    Hopefully we get some too because my grass is crispy.

Were you up at 0500? Was raining when I was leaving the house at 0540. Was dry by the time I hit the airport south on 281. Let's link up and ride buddy!

• Best of luck. Just went through that here in TX. Compressor fried at the 10 year mark. Home warranty kicked in though and saved us. It was either $6.5K for a complete new sys installed next day or wait for the home warranty company to approve and install one for $800 co-pay in a week. Needless to say we migrated to the other side of the house for a week and waited it out.

Thank God we also have a home warranty. We wont have any co-pay, normally there is only a $100 service charge any time we make a claim, but they had to do some work on the AC on 7/30 because the controller board went bad so the $100 is waived because it is the second call on the same system. from what I understand we shouldn't have to pay any more except for refrigerant - apparently they only cover so much per pound so we will have to pay the excess over that - still very glad we have the warranty - it would truly suck if we had to come up with 5 - 6 thousand dollars.

• Were you up at 0500? Was raining when I was leaving the house at 0540. Was dry by the time I hit the airport south on 281. Let's link up and ride buddy!

Nope... Didn't fully wake until 0610... :D

But car was dry and grass still crispy.

Come over! I can hardly leave the house, but if your Sling is back up and you happen to stop by... I can use you as an excuse... "Mom, I mean, babe... My friend Joey came over... Can we go play?"

It could work... beaten-squared

• Well apparently the compressor is okay - the guy who came out got it up and running at no charge - said the AC guy that checked it yesterday who said the current was was too high was trying to sell us a new unit - that is until he found out we had the warranty - Todays guy said he checked all the current and everything was within the proper range had my wife take a cell snap so I could see

house should be cool when I get home and hopefully it will last

• Well apparently the compressor is okay - the guy who came out got it up and running at no charge - said the AC guy that checked it yesterday who said the current was was too high was trying to sell us a new unit - that is until he found out we had the warranty - Todays guy said he checked all the current and everything was within the proper range had my wife take a cell snap so I could see

house should be cool when I get home and hopefully it will last

For some of the folks that want to reduce the cooling cost of your home. Install the largest air filter that you can to increase the air flow across the unit. No restrictions on the air flow equals max cooling, less work for the unit. Also if you can shade any part of the AC unit that is outside, do it. That will also save you some money. Most of the return air filters installed in the homes are too small and restrict the air flow across the AC unit so if you can increase the filter size do it. There is no way to make the LARGE return air filter pretty. Another benefit is how quite it will be when the unit is running. Your AC guy will probably tell you this is BS but believe me it works. I built a box that looks like an end table over the floor return so that I could double the size of my return filters and now I do not even hear the unit when it is running. Do not have any restrictions like doors with cut in return holes blocking the return air.

• Dear Donald,
    Please keep your fire smoke and illegal immigrants on your side of the border.

Who needs cigarettes when you can smoke Pine for free. High of 29 Celsius today.

Statements

4:25 AM MDT Thursday 23 August 2018
    Special air quality statement in effect for:

• City of Calgary

Smoke is causing poor air quality and reducing visibility. Smoke is expected or occurring.

Thick smoke continues across regions of southern and central Alberta.

Visibilities will be reduced in smoke and AQHI values will reach very high values.

Smoke will likely dissipate as far south as the Capital Region this evening, while smoke will linger until Friday in southern parts of the province.
    Individuals may experience symptoms such as increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath. Children, seniors, and those with cardiovascular or lung disease, such as asthma, are especially at risk.

Stay inside if you have breathing difficulties. Find an indoor place that's cool and ventilated. Using an air conditioner that cools and filters air may help. If you open the windows you may let in more polluted air. If your home isn't air-conditioned, consider going to a public place (library, shopping mall, recreation centre) that is air-conditioned.