Report your current weather here.

• on my ride home today the slings temperature gauge hit 116 - best its been so far this summer :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOW that is freaking hot!! The humidity here in FL is like walking around in a sauna all day!
    I never used to notice it but I guess as I am getting older I am starting to now...LOL

SSREAPER

It's so hot they are handing out cold bottles of water to the homeless stoners.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• That 106...is that actual temp or with the heat index? I was wondering because at 107 you can start to have organ failure right?

SSREAPER

the risk of organ failure comes if the body temp gets to high. even in much higher air temps the body stays much cooler

• Kev, down here in Florida, we melt too. You gotta realize that 116C is above the boiling point here too!

the 116 I posted was 116F. not C

• That 106...is that actual temp or with the heat index? I was wondering because at 107 you can start to have organ failure right?

SSREAPER

My 106 was actual here at the house. My sensor is in the shade on the front of the garage. The airport hit a 105 official temp so I'm confident mine was accurate. Real feel on the news was 107 since we have no humidity here.

SSREAPER

I'm not sure about organ failure. We don't even own a piano but it was hot and the AC has been cranking all day.

• I see your 95 degress and raise you to 96 with 70% humidity!Lucky me :00007505:

SSREAPER

We have the same in Indiana for the next few days, with 80% humidity. Areas here are supposed to have a "real feel" of 105 to 110. I'll be in Kentucky over the weekend (in the Sling) and humidity is the same, with higher temps. I refuse to take something enclosed with air conditioning.... it's vacation! (may lose 15 pounds and not eat anything..... but that's a win if I live thru it!)

• We have the same in Indiana for the next few days, with 80% humidity. Areas here are supposed to have a "real feel" of 105 to 110. I'll be in Kentucky over the weekend (in the Sling) and humidity is the same, with higher temps. I refuse to take something enclosed with air conditioning.... it's vacation! (may lose 15 pounds and not eat anything..... but that's a win if I live thru it!)

Drink plenty fluids!

Dehydration can sneak up on you before you know it, especially riding in an open cockpit or on a two wheeler. 8)

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Along the Texas coast, the average year-round humidity is in the mid-70s. Unfortunately, here in the Houston area we also have temps above 80 from April through October. Nothing like going for a Slingshot ride after sundown and it feels like you're driving through a hot sponge with temps in the high 80s/low 90s and high humidity and uncomfortable heat index!
    I understand Florida can be even worse.

• Drink plenty fluids!
    Dehydration can sneak up on you before you know it, especially riding in an open cockpit or on a two wheeler. 8)

Wife had heat exhaustion/stroke 6 years ago. Thanks for the reminder, but I remember our situation like yesterday. We were on the Harleys, stopping every 1-2 hours, drinking water like it was going to disappear soon! We didn't drink any Gatorade, and that didn't help. Something about electrolytes (that was where we needed Gatorade or G2).. Anyway, she had a legal helmet but it was carbon fiber, and very close to her head, think like a baseball cap almost. It had no vents, and was darker gray. I didn't wear a helmet, it was 105 actual plus humidity then. She had promised her mom she would always wear one. I was HOT, but her brain was baking. She passed out on me. We were one our Harleys, and she had been riding 5 minutes before she did. Took a couple of years (personality changed, and happy to sad in a heartbeat), but she is fine now. I have the MeanSling top, just put it on tonight. Lots of water, G2, and shade......