Race Of Champions - Miami

• Interestingly they did NOT wear HANS devices - however, that actually reinforces your argument since the occupant suffered an injury and next race they are said to be requiring HANS devices.

Having banged mine at a track wall at 60 mph, I will be getting a HANS device for my harnesses as well. No need in tempting fate unnecessarily.

As for the 3 point belts, I smashed my face hard enough on the steering wheel to destroy a bit of my helmet and disintegrate my visor. Had I had harnesses (and HANS) I would have enjoyed the flight a little more. :D

• Damn... @Tango has me thinking harnesses now...

Tango is saying the harnesses are possibly more dangerous. I believe that to be true in many street car applications; I get what he is saying. However in the Slingshot, I believe the stock seatbelt is crazy unsafe in at least a couple of aspects. No matter the seatbelt system, there can be neck issues without the proper support there. The harness in the Slingshot at least prevents you from being ejected, having the car roll over you, and would keep your head from splattering on the ground in a rollover. Setup and worn properly, it will keep you firmly seated. And I love the feeling that I'm strapping the Slingshot on, like an extension of myself. I like these PRP harnesses so much, just early today, I ordered another set for my aircraft.

• @Tango I knew of the wall tag but the wording of your post sounds like you had to be air lifted to the hospital. Please tell me I misunderstood your statement..... confused-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: