UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• Hey Paul.
    Your family here has your back. I know them all too well and its been my experience that an avalanche of prayers from all of us is with you every day. Many of us are a big pond away but can relate and wish we could walk or ride over to tilt a pitcher or two with you.
    What I am trying to say is that we have your back young Jedi and you are not alone!!!!

• Oh well.
    Health took a turn for the worse, last Thursday.

Due to my organ failures, my stomach isn't working corectly and so, not moving food through properly... so any of you that thought I was full of sh1t, was right. In fact, so right, that I was taken into A&E on Thursday, with so much pain, from the build-up, inside me, that it caused a small heart attack (or heart failure). However, the heart attack was nowhere near as bad as the pain, from the constipation.

After (apparently, very) large amounts of morphine & other related substances, things are a little better now and I'm hoping to get discharged soon (if you get my meaning).

Life goes on, so you'll all have to put up the the rambling of your mad English cousin, for a little longer yet.

:P

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital but glad to hear that there is progress in your situation. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We are with you Paul, you tell us anything you want. There is strength through others, we are that others factor, your Slingshot Family.

• At last, things have started moving (in my bowls). They are pretty certain now that I had a heart attack, from the pain that it caused me. Well I never knew getting blocked up could hurt that much, but the heart attack was easy, compared to the other pain.

Tomorrow, I have further tests on my heart, for Kidney & Pancreas, transplant listing, (to see if I'm strong enough) then Thursday I have an operation, on my right eye, to try and restore sight, in it.

All, in all. A fun & exciting week, just living the dream.

On a more positive note, groundwork starts tomorrow, for the new garage, to house the SlingShot, so life isn't so bad.
    :00008698:

• I've had my radioactive injection & heart scan, this morning. All would appear well.

Next thing, is to have an Iron infusion, this afternoon, they may then let me return home, this evening.

:whistling:

• Many prayers to you over here !!

• Sending good thought and wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep your wits about you!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Well things have moved on, while I was ill.

The, SlingShot, garage has been built and is now, only, waiting for the electrical fit-out (still may take some time).

We had some additional groundwork done at the side of the area, where we were going to put the building, cutting into the bank, with some sleepers used to give a retaining wall.

British building regulations, restrict the maximum size & position of the building. So we had to calculate sizes carefully, to ensure that special "planning permission" would not be needed. Otherwise we would be tied up in paperwork, possibly, for another year, before construction started

The assembly is insulated & fire retardant. It is made of a wooden shiplap constriction with a, wooden, cedar, shingle roof. This compliments the existing house , without ollking out of place & will weather in as time goes by.

I think that the finished structure, looks good, in its setting and the locals appear to like it too. The SlingShot can move in soon and have a new dry home, where we can have quick access to it, should we want to head off out, for a ride.

Both Elaine (my wife) and I are very pleased with the results. The next move will be to have the steep driveway re-worked (next year) and possibly some more landscaping.

All of this will give better access for vehicles, as it was originally only designed to cater for the occasional horse, coming up to the house.

Who knows? In another three - four hundred years, someone may be blogging about the house, having a SlingShot on the drive, back in the 21st Century.

• That sure will make a nice home for your slingshot. Looks great Paul.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1