UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• @edwardaneal
    I chose the door, so that I could get access to both sides of the amp, as that will enable me to reach the controls for adjustment when setting things up & replacement of the fuses, if nessasary.

sounds very reasonable :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A number of people have now asked how I made the vent (that looks like an exhaust pipe) at the top of the engine bay... so here goes.

All that is required is the following:
    1 off exhaust pipe end cover - Exhaust trim -
    1 off length of exhaust pipe (stainless steel) approx 250mm (10") long, by 60mm Ida (2" 3/8').
    1 off exhaust flange (stainless steel) to fit over exhaust pipe.

I tested the principle by cutting a 63mm (2 1/2") hole, just below the top of the SlingShot's front wing.

Remember to leave enough room for the exhaust tip to fit, under the wing.

A flange will need to be welded, approximately 50mm (1") from one end. Before fixing the flange, in place check that everything fits together in the engine bay, by positioning the pipe and flange through the hole, (with flange on the inside, of the bay).

Mark the exhaust pipe and then weld (or have it welded at your local exhaust fitters). The exhaust fitters will also be able to supply the flange and short, length of exhaust pipe, in stainless steel, should you need it.

Drill through the flange bolt holes and, bolt the assembly, into place, in the engine bay, with the short end protruding through the wing.

Fit the aftermarket exhaust trim, over the end of the exhaust pipe

The picture above, shows one of the bolts, used to hold the flange in place.

The exhaust tips, that I used had a slight angle at the discharge (see links).

Single exhaust:
    63MM Stainless Steel Car Tip End Trim Tailpipe Stainless Steel Muffler Exhaust For Car Auto Sale - Banggood Mobile

Twin exhaust:
    Universal Car Chrome Exhaust Muffler Tailpipe Dual Tip 48-58mm Stainless Steel Sale - Banggood Mobile

The long end of the exhaust pipe finishes above the exhaust muffler, where the majority of the heat is produced.

I first fitted an exhaust tip, with a single outlet on it, but changed this to a twin outlet. The single outlet had a slightly better performance, but I think the twin version looks cooler, so that one is the one that I'm running.

My setup fits under a stainless steel bracket that came with an aftermarket exhaust (bottom dischage) This also assists with directing the hot air.

Remember:
    When selecting your exhaust tip. Ensure that it will fit over the exhaust pipe.

Also:
    This will improve ventilation and the reduction of heat, in the engine bay... It will not totally solve the heat problem. I also used a metal vent, in the middle, of the hood, to replace the stock plastic one, that it came with. This will help too.

Ensure that you check the positioning of everything, at least twice, before cutting holes, in your SlingShot!!

Aside, from all of the above. I think it looks "cool"

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 5 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• @UK_Paul, pics don’t seem to show up for your heat exhaust.
    However, I do like where you mounted your amp. I have that same amp andmounted it to the floor under the seat. Luckily I decided to check whether the seat would fit back before wiring. The seat did not fit over that amp. I have another amp but I may just go with the way you mounted yours.

• @UK_Paul, pics don’t seem to show up for your heat exhaust.
    However, I do like where you mounted your amp. I have that same amp andmounted it to the floor under the seat. Luckily I decided to check whether the seat would fit back before wiring. The seat did not fit over that amp. I have another amp but I may just go with the way you mounted yours.

Picture links should be fixed now.

• It's still summer and I've had a 300 mile drive to my dealer, for a service and a couple of recall notices.

So given that it's still summer what else could I possibly need, but this, go the extreme heat that we are having 13'-17'C / 55'-63'f.

A KEIS heated jacket.

• As mentioned, above, it's a 300 mile trip, to get to my dealer (we don't have many left in the UK now).

I decided to stop over, for a couple of nights and the wonderful dealer - Krazy Horse - Destination for petrol-heads had one of its regular Bike Nights, taking place, during my stay.

The owner came along with one of his classic cars.

Many others came along too.

Many, many bikes turned up too. The dealer is an agent for Polaris, Indian (and Victory, when it was still alive).

This dealer is probably, now the biggest dealers of Morgan cars & trikes, in the would, outside Morgan themselves. This Morgan market has grown well, for Krazy Hourse in recent years. It looks like the Slingshot would too well, with them, if only we could get any more into Europe.

Well we can always hope that the new 2L (low presure) turbo model, with the new engin in hits the roads, soon.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• The Slingshot went into storage, for a few days today.

You may have seen that it lives with a bunch of interesting machines.

This is one of the latest & certainly one of the most spectacular.

It's a British fire tender, that is fully kitted out with a massive sound system, lasers, some smoke & some bubble machines and full lighting system. My hope is that, the UK_Paul SlingShot will be doing some charity gigs, next year, together with it and it's sister. A similar, fire tender, made up into a lighting rig.

We should turn a few heads.

• I took thr SlingShot for its survice the other dsy and there was anothe one at the dealers.

That probhably makes this 1/4 to 1/3 of the total number of Slingshots on the road, in one place at just one time.

I'd conciderd the limited edition model, like this.

However, with the graphics that I added, I'm pleased that I went for the red (even though, the black, looks pretty dam cool too).

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Just a little variation now.

As you all realize, I'm a very British, SlingShot, rider. I regularly post images of interesting and historic places, from the UK on this thread.

To give you all a little greater knowlage of this wonderful country, I thought that you may wish to watch & listen to a genuine Yeoman of the Guard, explaining a lityle about, some of our British history, at - The Tower of London -

Just follow this link:
    Superb ,

It is well worth following this link, as it is highly informstive and astonishingly acurate.

Have fun watching.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• Health Update:

Many of you will know that I've had a tough time, of it, with various illnesses that are slowly destroying me.

Today I went to hospital to get pumped up with various - radioactive isotopes - This was to view how I would react to having a major operation, with multiple organ transplants.

Last month, it was judged too dangerous to carry out the tests, as my blood pressure was way too high (well over 200/100)

After much work and lots of (very interesting) drugs. Today I achieved 121/50.

I suspect @samowens44 may have known a little more, than he was letting on to, when he created this image.

Who knows? With all that radioactive juce, inside me, I may wake, in the morning with some superpowers.
    - Perhaps: The ability to read the "digital wrench" codes and translate them straight into, industry, standard OBD outputs -

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Paul, I will pray for your strength and super powers to over come all the threats against your body. The Super Hero Group are behind you with their power so you will beat whatever comes your way. Good luck my friend!