UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• Today I received my "Chinese" wing mirror extensions.

I had previously installed the SlingMods extensions, so took the opportunity to compare them both.

The Chinese version had a slightly longer pitch between the holes and lifted the height by the same amount as the SlingMods product.

The Chinese detention came with two allen bolts, where as the SlingMods design had a hex head, with a flanges brace. Both designs need tightening down with some force. The SlingMods' version was far better, as it had a much greater surface area, between the bolt and the extensions. I suspect that the Chinese one could, in time, work loose much easier, however I did not experience it. The holes in SlingMods' design are an extremely close tolerance, with slim socket wrench heads and could be bigger, however I did get everything to work with a little effort.

Vision:
    Both options improve the vision, from the cockpit, fare more than I had expected. This is of particular importance to me, using a left hand drive vehicle on British roads

Conclusions:
    Both do the job well and give an exceptional improvement to the standard setup.
    The Chinese detention may work loose, with time.
    The SlingMods version looks better, as the Chinese one is a little too slim.
    The Chinese adaptor retails at $10 & the SlingMods one is $40 right now.

So which one would I recommend?
    The Chinese arm, is far cheaper and would do the job, however the SlingMods version is fat more attractive and better made, with a more secure bolting down design using the flanged, hex head, bolts. Therfore, even at the much higher price, SlingMods wins out.

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• The weather is fine, at the moment, in Britain, so it's time to get the Slingshot out for a few runs.

Just over the border and into Wales, at Llanthony Abby, tucked at the back of the Black Mountains.
    Black Mountains, Wales - Wikipedia

The Abby has a pub, located inthe cellar and a hotel, using part of the remaining building.
    llanthony abbey - Google Search

From this location, I drove up into the mountains, they are part of the Brecon Beacons.
    Brecon Beacons - Wikipedia

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• The journey continued, on through the mountains.

This is one of the spectacular views, looking south west, into Wales.

As I continued on, I reached the area that the opening scenes of, An American Wharewolf, In London, we're filmed.

An American Wharewolf, In LOndon, was a 1981 comedy/horror film, that still has a great following today. The location was supposed to be on the Yourkshire Moore, in the film, nut in practice it was filmed here.
    An American Werewolf in London - Wikipedia
    I had passed the pub, refer to as the Slaughter Lame, (in the film). Just after leaving Llanthony.

My final stop, before heading home, was Hay-on-Wye. This sleepy, little Welsh town, has the largest bookshop, in the woulrld.
    Hay-on-Wye - Wikipedia
    It is Olson (reasonably obviously) where the hay, international book festivals, started from And now spread around the world.
    Hay Festival

From this point, I continued on home, after a wonderful day's riding.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• Today's work (if it can be called that).

Out with the old Alpha, variable exhaust & in with a new 1320, downward discharge version.

The tone sounds, Just a little deeper than the Alpha and I'm having the occasional back fire, as the ECU get used to the new configuration.

Polaris Slingshot Adjustable Stainless Steel Exhaust System by 1320 Performance

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Thanks @kev I'll try and post a few more soon.
    But, meanwhile, here is another, from the trip.

My trip, that day had started, at the back of, Ysgyryd Fawr (that's Welsh for Skirrid mountain).

nice work and great photos @UK_Paul always so interesting with the local history added !

At the base of the Skirrid, is a beautiful pub... but follow this link, to find out more about it.

-

-

When you reach the end of the YouTube clip, you will find what the Inn was also used for. A rope still hangs, in the stairwell, where it was, hundreds of years ago.

I also made some time, at the Inn, to fix the lights that went out on the SlingShot, (see picture above) when I parked in front of the pub... I wonder why that happend?

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• To keep up with the good weather, it's time to add a new accessory.
    An update, to my old set-up.

This one works well... If you want to swing through an embassy window.

But Austin Powers, would be so proud of me, with the new one now

Edited 6 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Helmets aren't required, for trikes, in the UK.
    But, have you ever seen my face, on this thread?

The last posting (at The Skirrid Inn) was probably the nearest that it's ever been.

• Basingstoke is full of roundabouts. It works just fine that way.
    We don't need traffic signals, on every junction, that way.

However, if you want to see how we can do things, you need to travel, just up the road, to Sindon and visit "The Magic Rouderbout."

With this design you can drive around it both clockwise and anticlockwise, at the same time. ?(

• Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :00005129:

• @UK_Paul we have had quite a few pop up in Michigan in the last ten years. I actually do like them a lot. That crazy, magical one you posted looks like a nightmare. Was that pic taken during rush hour showing how the locals avoid it? :D

People just go there to say that they have driven though it. :P

• My latest run.

Yesterday I took a run, from my house.e,I Herefordshire to Bit.i them & The Black Country..

My reason was to get some parts made and welded to get her, to help the heat out, of the engine bay, near the exhaust. More about that, when it's finished.
    My first destination was Clee Hill, passing the radar domes, on the top.

From I continued on towards Cleobry Mortimer.

The next destination was Wenlock. Everyone thinks that the modern Olimpic Games, was started in Greece. However it was first created in Wenlock in 1850 it was then taken from here, to Greece, in 1896.

- Much Wenlock Shropshire | Birth place of the modern Olympic movement. The Much Wenlock website contains Tourist Board Information on Accommodation, Attractions, Activities and Events in Much Wenlock -

After, all this, I needed to head on towards Birmingham.

The area that I travelling to, was the birthplace, of the industrial revelation and is now being made famous again by the TV show "Peaky Blinders."
    - Peaky_Blinders_(TV_series) -

Pesky Blinders, was originally based on a gang of Gipsies, that had settled in the Black Country (so called because all the buildings were black from the pollution, from the factories).

- BBC - Black Country - History - What and where is the Black Country? -

The Pesky Blinders story has now become an amalgamation of a selection of gangs in the greater area, but as s youngster, in the 2970's I can still remember going to races where the bookmakers were still controlled by these people

Some of the area still looks just like it did, back in the day, however most of the Black soot has been removed from the buildings.

I reached my destination and worked with the guys to get what I wanted but you'll have to weight for the Cory on that one.

After that it was time to take the journey home, in the reverse direction. S hood day out, with dome good results.

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• As a "youngster in the 2970's"... I knew all those electronics you had installed sounded futuristic. I'm happy you chose things that were plausible for this time. The feds would have taken our UK stories away if you went full 2970's on your Sling, or at least they would have chased you out of our time. I'm happy you're here. :thumbsup:

P.S.
    Could you check your World Sports Almanac and let me know if I should bet it all on a Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl win in the 2018 season? ;)