UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• I have now started what may become a very useful thread thread, on this forum.
    - News, Speculation & Rumours -
    Let's see what may come from it. I suspect, some fun, some outright wrong info. & and some very interesting and accurate news.

On a separate matter - Club Slingshot - Polaris have not, yet, replied to my request, (some weeks ago now)
    - Club Slingshot? -
    For infomation regards, the new club.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• "INTERESTING & ACCURATE" are not words I would use for what is about to happen to that thread... :00008356::00008172:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• The SlingShot has gone back into storage, Allong with some classic machines, again today - Due to the beautiful, British rain -

Amongst the other lovely vheicles, a couple of these, were sitting waiting for it.

A lovely, classic, looking reverse trike. A quality, British build, with a French, air cooled Citroen engine.
    Perhaps Polaris are considering an air/water cooled engine and all this speculation of a heavenly polluting diesel powered machine is just BS..
    ;)

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• not too many postings recently, as I've been in Spain. I had considered hiring a Slingshot, while here but setteled for an Audi instead. Elaine and I flew into Madrid and headed out west to something known as a Pardore. These are hotels, many made from old castles or ruins and now set up to promote the local traditions and cuisine.

Our first stop, was a converted Convent in a town called Plasencia.
    Parador de Plasencia Information

Part of the Convent, is in the picture below. It was a tremendous place to stay, the food was amazing.

From this point, we traveled north to Segovia
    Parador de Segovia Information
    A much newer building Circa 1970s. However the view of the city is tremendous.

Segovia, is famous for both it's cathedral and the spectacular 2,000 year old aquwaduct, that the Roman's built, when the empire spread this far west.

Nightlife is good and it is great to go bar to bar, drink beer and eat the local tapas.
    Tapas - Wikipedia

[All the pictures, on this posing, have been lifted from the net]

• Pictures at our second stop.
    Segovia.

The veiw, from our hotel

In the main square, looking at the Cathedral

The 2,000 year old, Roman, aquaduct

Not quite 2,000 year old dried ham - Tasty -

View from the restaurant table.
    This was "Cream Cheese Ice Cream, Honey Jelly & Apple Sobet" but it disappeared to quickly to get a picture of it.

• So, what have we learnt?

The next trip, we intend to put the SlingShot on a ferry and bring it into Northern Spain. We can then take it with us and enjoy some more of the wonderful things that we can see, hear and (most importantly) eat!

The added advantage to us will be that the SingShot will be set up for driving on the right hand side of the road.

[attach=NaN][/attach]

We should be fine fitting everything into the top boxes,, for a week or two...
    I think we have a plan forming.

• Today's little adventure was a run from home, to Warwickshire.

The outward journey took much longer than expected, due to traffic congestion on our motorways. However the destination was well worth the journey.

I'd been checking out garage designs and had found a company that produces something that I liked the look of.

They had produced some quotations for me and so now it was time to finalise the spec..

The resulting design will be similar to the pictures above, but will have two bays and a working area, three windows and an entrance door, rather than just the one bay in these pictures.

I has been concerned that the SlingShot may not be a good fit, through the doors (European cars are so much smaller than those in N America).

The standard sizes worked fine and so made a significant saving over the original quotations. (Always a good thing).

Final designs were agreed. The size will be 6m ×9m to fit with planning requirement, on the ground that it will be based.

A good deal was then struck...
    Success :D

• The journey home was taken along a totally different route.

I had hoped to he some pictures of the
    SlingShot, along the beautiful route, but the battery had died, on my phone, due to a faulty cable.

So you will just have to make do with a few pictures, from the net.

Yes I took the SS through all of the places, in the pictures above.

The ride was on much smaller roads than the trip out to the garage manufacturer (in post above). However the ride was great and it took much less time than it had that morning.

• When I hit the lottery!

• @FunCycle the area that these pictures are from, are known as the Cotswolds.

Cotswolds - Wikipedia

The green area, on the map, represents this region. The garage manufacturer, was near the red dot on the right of the map. My home is near the red dot on the left.

I had gone further south, so te route that I took, was approximately across the widest two points of the Cotwswolds and takes in some realy dutiful countryside and villages.

• So @UK_Paul I've seen the pics of your historic house and your land. Where will you build this garage? At the end of your driveway? Inquiring minds want to know!

The bank on the right will be reshaped, a row of trees will be taken out on the left and the garage will go between them, on the lowest level of the garden.

It is important (UK building regs) to keep a minimum of 3m between the building and the property boundary (where the trees are). The removal of these trees will improve the view from further up the hill and neatly define this boundary.

The exsiting single garage, will be removed and the drive extended, up to the new one three bays wide (only two for vehicles).

It will place the garage over the area, where the bike is, with views, over the paddock that is about one meter, or so, lower, behind it.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().