UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• Have never seen anything like that @UK_Paul. Hope it all gets straightened out over there. With the new supercharger I love my Ecotec. Hope they aren't making a major change.

This problem does not show up on my Android phone. Rather some changes have been made to the website or perhaps it is due to the me using Firefox as my browser on a machine with a Linux (non Windows/Mac) operating system and it is recognising that they are trying to access my PC for more info than it will freely give them (cookies perhaps).

It's all a little beyond my understanding. Perhaps @rabtech may know more?

All the best, from UK_Paul

• BREAKING NEWS !!

One of the UK SlingShot a has been stolen. In a country with only 11 or less SlingShots on the road, we now probably have to say goodbye to one of them.

A well known airbrush artist, In Britain has just purchased a SlingShot. I expect we were to see it in a pretty dam good finish, after he had done his stuff, to it. However he had it for TWO days a someone stole it !!!

Let's all hope things end well for him.

I think this helmet, by him would look good in my machine.

Or perhaps something a little more subtle

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Just a few more from this guy.

Looks like teeth are the big thing right now.
    I'm sure he'll export to the US, should you want one.

- Graf-x Custom Airbrush Art | Professional Custom Fine Airbrush Artwork & Paintwork by Paul Dalloway -

Get in touch through his site above and say "Paul from Hereford, with the SlingShot, put you in touch."

• So the riding season is now approaching us, in Britain. We have had a bad winter, by UK standards and now, at last, the weather is starting to improve.

Some of you may be aware that I have spent some time in hospital, with damage to my right foot. At one point, it looked likely that I would loose it altogether and that would have been the end of my time riding the SlingShot.

This happend a few days before the "UK_Paul SlingShot" was about to appear on the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation - TV - ) with the Top Gear team. The program was to go out across the UK and most of Ireland, just after the national news. With only a few of these wonderful machines on the road, over here, it would have been a great boost for the image.

However with my admission into hospital, this All fell flat. On a brighter note. After, Many weeks in hospital and three operations, things have gone well and I now hope to make a full recovery.

While I am still not able to ride the SS Facebook did a good job ofvreminding me what I was missing by posting me a memory, from this time, last year.

This was from a great day out with a smashing meal, at a 16th century pub, along with my wife. The picture shows us at the pub, just after 20 or so bike riders had come along side us, on a ride out.

What next?
    I have been asembeling lots of goodies for adding, to the SlingShot. I intend to start work, this weekend, with the replacement of the battery, with an Optima Yellow Top, then it will be time to start on a few more mods.

Keep watching fore more news.

• I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend @UK_Paul! I hope you continue to ride as long as you wish. I'm reminded of the signature line from @WraithSS that I have been using myself recently which is: When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch!"

All the best to you brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend @UK_Paul! I hope you continue to ride as long as you wish. I'm reminded of the signature line from @WraithSS that I have been using myself recently which is: When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch!"

All the best to you brother!

I have a very good friend, from the ministry, who lives near me. He always says:

"You can't go from where you want to be.
    You have to go from where you are!"

Wise words from a very wise and extremely tough man.

Then he often says:
    "GET ON WITH IT, THEN !!!!"

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul: Revised wuoatation to read as my mate says it. Also revised grammar (a few times). ().

• Just a passing comment and update on a previous posting.

Back in January, I posted a note, on this thread.
    See link:
    UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

It appeared that Polaris may have been trying to gain data, from people using their website. (Or it may not have been).

Well, the link showed 4 UK dealers and we now only have two branches actualy dealing with the SlingShot, in the UK & Ireland.

The map page does not now show up at all and the dealer information is way out of date.

So I now conclude that, it is most likely that the UK site is just screwed up due to poor mauntaunance.

• that stinks

• Yep. I have a project that will bring me to Basingstoke a few times this year I hope.
    First visit is in June I do believe. I will PM you when my plans finalize.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...