UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• I used to get "sick" like that. I quit drinking in college. :00008172:
    In all seriousness, glad you're doing better.

I wish it was the drink mate :S
    It's another symptom of all that stuff that got hold of me (almost) two years back now. My guts got damaged, at that time, allong with everything else.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. :thumbup: You can't get rid of me that easy.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Now that I'm starting to get active again, I am wonering what I can get on with.

The SlingShot is in it's winter storage and it will probably be a few weeks before I can drive over to it and start playing again.

I am intending to place the SlingShot in some shows, this year and expect to get loads of questions (as we all do) about it.

Therefore, I have decided to purchase a small presentation screen to hold a small (Rassbery Pi) computer that I could run a "PowerPoint" presentation on.
    - Raspberry Pi - Teach, Learn, and Make with Raspberry Pi -

The assembly will run off of an 18 Volt, 1 Amp, supply and I would hope to be able to power it for a day at most shows, without problems. The design is straight forward and comes in one of two colours. Green or dark grey. I have chosen grey, as although the green looks great and would stand out well, it would clash with the red of my machine.

- ceed -

Now comes my question...

Do any of you have any suggstion, preferably sensible, (but I know the great humour that you all have) for items that I should civer in my presentation?

I was thinking allong the lines of:
    What is it?
    Are there many of them?
    How fast?
    What's the engine?
    0-60 ?
    What forum can I check them out on? (Imporant).

Any other suggstions will be well received. I know this now leaves me open to you all, but go for it!

PS.
    I know I will need to get my spelling checked out, before publishing it.
    :whistling:

• I would say try to answer all the dumb questions in advance
    There is a thread here somewhere but here are a few

Is it front wheel drive
    Did you build it
    Is it hard to turn with only one wheel
    what happens when it rains
    does it come with an auto trans
    how does it handle off road

I could go on but you get the idea
    I bet if you could come up with clever ways to answer stupid stuff - you could have some fun

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Good to hear from you @UK_Paul. Sorry to hear you aren't firing on all cylinders. Happy to hear your getting better.

Do you have to wear a helmet?

How much tail does it pull?

Does it float?

What type engine?

Is it sold differently in the U.S.? If so, what differences are there?

How many are on our side of the pond?

How many cubic meters of storage?

When will it not be "too soon" to flip you the bird and ask if you can see it? :D Hopefully very soon, get better brother.

• How many are on our side of the pond?

Thanks for the suggestions @WOLF

I noticed one of your comments and decided to do my thing and dig a little deeper into it, with some worrying results.

First of all. The answer...
    15 with probably no more than 12, actually on the road, (more likely less than 10) at this time.

I have known, for some time, that Polaris are not bringing any new SlingShots into the UK (and possibly, also Europe). The most recent versions available over this side of the pond are the 2016 model (poss some 2016.5 models)

A few other things are also important to know:
    (A) Polaris had 4 distributors, in the UK & Ireland. 1 left, over a year ago now, leaving us with 3
    (B) 1 went bust, in the fall of last year, reducing the number to 2 !!!
    (C)1 of the 2 remaining dealers left, is a small outlet, near Polaris UK.
    (D) The remaining distributor is a GREAT one and has 2 branches, in the south east of England. !!!!

So what could the all represent?
    Obviously, they are running down stock in Europe (like they did with the Victory range, before killing it). I also understand that Polaris UK do not intend to import any further SlingShots, into the UK (and that may also go for the rest of Europe) until the fall of this year, (at the very soonest !!! ). I would be very, very pleased to find that I'm wrong with this, but I don't think so.

If all this is correct, I suspect that we will see a big change in the SlingShot, with the 2019-2019.5 model. We all know that the GM Ecotec engine, used in the SlingShot, is now an old design that GM are closing out. (GM have also stopped GM manufacturing and sold off interests in Europe & Australia) This will represent a requirement to replace it, with something else. Suggestions have been floating around about ways things may develop with this. The present SlingShot has now had its wiring loom revised (not sure how much), from the previous models.

All this now makes me think...
    A new power plant, with a (slight) body update/development, to be released in NY Auto Show, next year.

• Following my last comment. It now looks like Polaris are after harvesting all the potential customer information, before they will put people in touch with a distributor.

Firstly, they are still showing a distributor that is no longer in business, shown near Leeds.

Then when you click on any of the tabs, on the above map, these message pop up, asking for an account to be set up. It never used to ask for this to be done, a month ago.

I don't understand what it's asking for but why do they want my information? This is also happening on the other European sites. I suspect that it just underlines what I suspect in my last posting and they are having to harvest information for a future release.

We had all better keep watching for a change...
    It must be coming. So I'll start looking into it. nerd-squared