Slingshots Booze & Blues (Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Booze & Blues

Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00 pm

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

24 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am
  • During the Festival, my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Dieter @mytoy and his lovely wife Barbara. We knew when we met them, they were very special people. When my wife came home from work today, I went out to get the mail. A small package from Dieter and Barb was among the normal Monday correspondences. Opening the package, we were greeted with this...

For those who are unaware, Velma and I experienced the worse when we were notified on the 19th of April 2006, that her oldest son (Shannon) had sustained severe injuries from and IED while on patrol in Iraq. Velma immediately flew to Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas to be by his bedside to help him with his biggest fight. And fight he did! Unfortunately, our Good Lord called Shannon home on the 28th of August of that same year. Shannon had fought the good fight and was rewarded with peace.
    Each year, we hold a Celebration of Life event. We are surrounded by family and friends as we celebrate HIS LIFE. This means a lot to us. We just wanted to share with everyone here. Dieter and Barb, you two are very special to both of us. We are honored and privileged to call you our friends. This forum is a special place with a whole bunch of special and unique people. Thank you all for making Velma and me welcome to this extended and sometimes strange (in a good way) family. God bless each and every one of you. Feeling kinda' sentimental right now...so I better stop. Thank you, one and all, for everything.

• For those who are unaware, Velma and I experienced the worse when we were notified on the 19th of April 2006, that her oldest son (Shannon) had sustained severe injuries from and IED while on patrol in Iraq. Velma immediately flew to Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas to be by his bedside to help him with his biggest fight. And fight he did! Unfortunately, our Good Lord called Shannon home on the 28th of August of that same year. Shannon had fought the good fight and was rewarded with peace.

Each year, we hold a Celebration of Life event. We are surrounded by family and friends as we celebrate HIS LIFE. This means a lot to us. We just wanted to share with everyone here. Dieter and Barb, you two are very special to both of us. We are honored and privileged to call you our friends. This forum is a special place with a whole bunch of special and unique people. Thank you all for making Velma and me welcome to this extended and sometimes strange (in a good way) family. God bless each and every one of you. Feeling kinda' sentimental right now...so I better stop. Thank you, one and all, for everything.

There needs to be more than a "like" button for this. Hugs to you and Velma, my friend. And what a thoughtful gift from @mytoy and Barbie! Love this family!