My adventure with the Honda S2000, Jenvey ITB's and Haltech!

• I know I have a build thread going supposedly on the forum here some place, but I cannot get it to allow me to do any more pics, and I find it to be a pain in the behind as well, so I'm going to attempt to create a thread for the Motor exchange one more time then I quit. @rabtech can kick me in the Balls later if this is the wrong section, but I only have so much free time and patience. So.... in a nutshell, due to me having too many issues with over stressing my turbo motor because I like to drive it on the chip.... I have decided to take out the eco-tech motor and trans, sold the hahn turbo kit and have begun the task of going NA with a Honda F20 2.0 AP1 motor more commonly known as a s2000 motor and 6 speed transmission from a 2003 Honda roadster. The motor has 54000 mile on it, basically was stock. I bought the motor, trans, driveshaft, stock exhaust and a few small parts from a young man in south florida. I then bought a itb setup, (individual throttle bodies) from a guy in Melbourne Florida and I'm working with Jamie Roy from SS Performance in Kentucky to put together a stand alone program and dash from Haltech to control the whole mess utilizing the stock Polaris harness and electronics and the stock Honda engine Harness, but neither of the ECU's. This is a never done before endeavor, so it may turn out great or go down as a total ass whopping.

We started on November 19th, at this point I have gotten the Honda motor and trans bolted into the slingshot, we have mocked up all of the cooling lines, the transmission and motor mounts, the exhaust setup, (because I was running the side exit exhaust from Hahn), I decided to build a side pipe exhaust using the stock honda exhaust and custom stainless tubing, two hyabusa mufflers, a handicap chair trailer ramp and some misc exhaust mufflers from PepBoys. We are now to the stage where we have to build a custom fuel tank and run a return fuel line with a HO inline fuel pump, and with help from one of the local D12 members, I'm getting the clutch and cooling and fuel lines made. We are going to build a new custom one off 12" wide TSW nurinburg rim for the rear so I can run a 345 tire and then we will change up my graphics theme from old war airplane, to a 70's style F1 Honda Racer.

i'll try to post as many pics as possible and onceJamie gets going on the Tuning and intial startup of the new engine, I'll be sure we post video for you guys..... and gals!

• I have done the research and according to ALL ofthe techs I've spoken to, we will be at 300whp with the 2.0 Honda motor, the Jenvey ITB's and the exhaust with a redline of 9000rpms. Most of thepower will be mid range and upper end, but the low end toruqe will be to a point without the troublesome boost issues controllable to wherewe should be able to launch hard from a dead stop, a a small amount of tire spin that can be controlled with thr traction controll, and by the time we hitthe 4000rpm range where the VETC kicks in the ectra cams, will will be able to transfer the power to the ground and the slingshot will move along quite rapidly. And since the ETA (ElectronicThrottle controller) from Jenvey has a limp mode module as well as a pit speed module, we believe we will be able to utilize the Polaris DBW throttle pedal and use the cruisecontroller as the "pit speed" button so we will still be able to have cruise. Plus the Haltech programer and dash will give me all of the information I could possiblty want with temp for water, oil, oil pressure, speed, rpm's, fuel level, vaccum, lean or rich mixtures, etc.

We will be using a flange adaptor for the driveshaft so that we can mate the honda six speed to the angle drive. I've decided to ceramic coat the exahust and have it polished, the heat shield will be black. The body will be kept the original dark grey , but we will partially wrap itin Bright pearl silver, bright yellow and black, as will as add the honda JDM logo's I picked up along with the Three's da Life decals and the checkered flag graphoics since that seems to be able to still work with my new theme. Will post more after the new year.

• I'm having fun with it, just picked up the gas tank. I was going to have a stainless tank built for about $500.00 at my local Hotrod fab shop, but once I brought them the stock tank, they called me yesterday and said they had finished and come pick it up? I'm like what????? After thinking it over, they knew I wanted several new benefits from my "new" tank, I had fuel starvation problems in high speed turns with the turbo motor, I did not want to use the stock in tank fuel pump any longer because I was trying to get more consistent pressure to my Jenvey ITB's and I also needed a fuel return line since I am running larger throttle bodies and fuel injectors. They were able to do all of that with the stock tank, for around $100.00 instead of the $500.00 I was prepared to spend.

First, they took out the in-tank fuel pump and made that nipple on top of the tank the new return fuel line inlet, they just ran an new hose down to the bottom of the tank to make that work, marked my wires for me so I can wire my new in-line HO fuel pump into that same power source, then they were able to keep the stock fuel sending unit, so nothing to change there.

To take care of my fuel starvation issues, after looking at the stock tank, there is a small sump area built into the tank at the very bottom near the back of the tank, so they just drilled a hole into that, epoxied a new threaded bung, and "wala", I now have a fuel supply coming from the sump area. Yes, I'll need to run a serviceable inline fuel filter before the fuel source goes to the fuel pump, but that was going to happen anyway, but now I can get ALL of the fuel pressure I need to my Jenveys, I'm going to "FIX" the filler neck issue that Sam Owens has video the crap out of by removing that damn fuel nozzel limiter and I'll have a proper , race ready filler neck. Overall, a great way to start off the New Year.

@Pascal aka Greg M. will be coming over this week with the clutch slave cylinder adapter hose for my 6 speed and will help me figure out how much fuel line I need and the fittings, the balance of my ETA system is in route via UPS, should have it by Wednesday, once we mock that all up, I will ship everything to Jamie Roy at SS Performance where he will bolt all of my parts to his test engine, get them working with his Haltech dash and programer and then once he is done with that, ship it back to me and we will have a running Honda SS by the end of January or the first week of February!!

• awesome work... you are creating and generating something that many of us are following-one of a kind and solving many issues that Polaris could have improved on. Thanks

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Any new updates @StickerDick ... please post - can't wait to see and hear more. Thanks.

Got the fuel tank modified, the side pipe exhaust mounted up and the hood sub-structure cut. I'm going to have to cut the hood itself to clear the fuel injection. I'm going to make a clear lexan "bubble" to cover that area and light it with some led lights for a bit of bling

• Got the fuel tank modified, the side pipe exhaust mounted up and the hood sub-structure cut. I'm going to have to cut the hood itself to clear the fuel injection. I'm going to make a clear lexan "bubble" to cover that area and light it with some led lights for a bit of bling

This is really coming together @StickerDick your going to start a serious trend ... this looks nice. The performance I know is going to be first class, like yourself. And this beauty will be reliable as well. I am excited to see your progress!!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Got busy with real work here lately, and some family fun over the holidays, @kenny_h and Charlie had an event at Disney we wentto over the last weekend and that kind of slowed work down and now I have birthdays for my son and Grand daughter this weekend, but . .... We will be putting the final mockup parts together this coming week and then I will ship everything off to Jamie roy and he will be getting busy with his test motor (which by the way, only has 40K miles on it and I just bought him a transmission and clutch, flywheel and starter / pressure plate for it), so he will have a complete motor package ready for the next "test pilot" after I'm done!

• Got the fuel tank modified, the side pipe exhaust mounted up and the hood sub-structure cut. I'm going to have to cut the hood itself to clear the fuel injection. I'm going to make a clear lexan "bubble" to cover that area and light it with some led lights for a bit of bling

Damn, that looks amazing!

• Jamie Roy Ok after today of removing parts and assembly of parts provided from sunshine state as I watched the snow fall outside . We are ready to proceed with wire harness adaptation to the factory slingshot harness . This will be the time consuming part initially but we are ready and have a plan . Our intent is plug and play with no end user having to rewire anything . Ready right out of the box . Some assembly required but not rewire, soldering iron , heat shrink or anything like that . This Honda slingshot solution that's Mark Richardson vision will be epic ! Stay tuned for more progress work tomorrow evening !

• Well..... Jamie Roy is down to the wire now.... he is testing the harness as I type and should be running the engine this weekend, if all goes well, by the 2nd of March, he'll be down here in Florida hooking my engine up and we will be driving the one and only S2000 powered SlingShot getting it ready for it's soft debut at the Annual Cars & Coffee show at the Ameila Island Concours, then Daytona Bike Week, then the Smokies, and then off to the Rockies where if Rabtech can grow a set.....Him, @Noel Hughes, @Turbosling Henry Chan and maybe even @gpcustoms Mark Brown and anybody else willing can test their skills and prove once and for all who really is KING of the Hill or The "BUCK" of the Slingshots in the Rockies Hillclimb in July 2017!

@ivor of Slingshot Roadsters Events has pulled off another coup with getting an Police Sanctioned 2.5 mile hillclimb on a closed for 5 hours public road supervised by the local Police opened to any Slingshot to run at whatever speed you can run! Go to the events page and register because it is limited and there are only so many spots available and I promise you guys & gals..... this will be epic and a "Bucket List" event if there ever was one!