SSVWorks headrest speaker boxes

• I'm guess that @slingmods and @slingshotjimmy don't have the specs on how to tie these into existing factory setup ..... if they do they'll chime in real quick

Hello, the factory head unit is not really powerful enough to give adequate wattage to a decent aftermarket speaker. SSV is working on some things you guys have been asking for, for quite some time. They'll be releasing alot of that information next week at CES.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Just talked with SSV and these will need an additional amp to run into the stock stereo as the stock unit does not have enough power to run the additional speakers. We have the y connector in stock for this install from the pods to the amp to the stock unit. We also have the amps in stock.

• Hello, the factory head unit is not really powerful enough to give adequate wattage to a decent aftermarket speaker. SSV is working on some things you guys have been asking for, for quite some time. They'll be releasing alot of that information next week at CES.

Thanks, I just want to add more speakers. I like their side pods too. Anyone know what else I might need or add? Thanks @slingmods

• ALL ORDERS SHIPPED!
    Here's some more pictures with both pods installed! Installation is very simple and they hug the plastic panels below the roll hoops like a factory piece. The wires are already run through the enclosures with an air tight rubber boot. You'll simply need to run one side of the speaker wire to your amplifier and the other side to your + and - speaker terminals inside the enclosure. They're very heavy duty and by far nicer than the other enclosures from SSV thus far. Solid Fiber Glass Construction on this with better than OEM detail. Pictures really do not do this product justice! Seeing is believing. We'll have a video up shortly on the removal of the stock deck humps and the installation of the SSV pods. We did not get into wiring on the video.. because there are multiple amp mounting locations that a customer may choose.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR SUPPORTING BOTH US AND OTHERS SO WE CAN KEEP ON MODDING SLINGS!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Thanks, anyone know if their is a thread talking about this set up? I want it but have no idea about how or what to get or need. Thanks

@Shatneyman I'm planning on adding these roll hoop pods and buying 2 pairs of the 43KM654LCW 6.5" Kickers. One pair for the new pods and one pair will replace the factory speakers. I am going to hook up the factory speaker wires to the inputs on an amp (mounted under the drivers seat) and then just run speaker wire from the amp outputs to each pod. The speakers I have listed here are about $140.00 a pair and have built-in RGB LED's and you can buy a wireless remote with a controller for the LED's for under $30.00.
    So the whole mod excluding the amp and speaker wire is going to be just a tad over $500.00 :thumbsup:

NOTE: I'm sure I'll need extension rings to fit these speakers in the factory Polaris pods just not sure what size yet. :thumbup:

• I currently have some 6.5 wakeboard speakers that mount to my TD Top rear crossbar (don't have a radio installed yet). These look like a good candidate for rear speakers since they don't require a top crossbar for mounting.
    I assume that being right behind your head, the speakers should be more easily heard when riding.

• A simple way to add these would be to buy 2 line level input converter, connect to the factory speakers to convert the signal to RCA then you can send that to an amp

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audi…-1&keywords=JL+Marine+amp
    Great amp have it in the boat

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI…ywords=line+out+converter ~$10

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Ma…keywords=Polk+Audio+DB652

I have JL C2 in my boat and after hearing a buddy of mine who has the DB6502 in his boat i truly think they sounds better than my C2 and are half the price, JL loyalist will say that this is blasphemy but w/e to my untrained ear the polk sound better.

personally I will also be changing the head unit which will eliminate the need for line converters, my problem now is that i can't decide on a head unit.

My needs are (GPS/Nav or Mirror cast to show the map from cell), Rear Camera,USB media(ipod) playback,bluetooth support, also needs to have a plain facia (no dials) so it can work with the splash proof enclosure.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks, but I'm lost,.... I need a picture book like what @Slunglow did. :D I just want to play music from my Ipod, with my stock setup.

Just make sure when you buy the amp you buy one that has "speaker level" inputs that way there is no need for converters and you don't have to access your in dash infotainment center. Simply use you existing speaker wires as inputs to the amp. As my ex-wife use to say when I was explaining something highly testicle to her. KISS (keep it simple stupid)
    Hey @Tripod you see what I did there ^^^^^^ ;):00008172::00008356: