DDM sway bar install Quick Question

• It may hit the A-Arm if installed in the wrong place with no stops installed on the sway bar

I think when @Bigdog replaced the bar he used the stops if I remember correctly....hell I cant remember my name half the time! If he used the stops then putting the link on the inside of the bar would not present a problem.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Guess I should have read this thread before contacting @Dave@DDMWorks, as I had mine swing about 4 inches side to side. My bigger issue is that the links bolts actually bent there was so much force on them. Installed according to directions/pictures. Anyone have a sway bar link bolt bend? I tried to get the nuts loose, so now I have loose nuts, but man the thing is f'd. They were tight when I first put them on. Anyone have this happen? Sent images to DDM last week, but haven't heard anything.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Guess I should have read this thread before contacting @Dave@DDMWorks, as I had mine swing about 4 inches side to side. My bigger issue is that the links bolts actually bent there was so much force on them. Installed according to directions/pictures. Anyone have a sway bar link bolt bend? I tried to get the nuts loose, so now I have loose nuts, but man the thing is f'd. They were tight when I first put them on. Anyone have this happen? Sent images to DDM last week, but haven't heard anything.

You should have the sway bar locks/collars installed to keep the bar from drifting from side to side. They keep the sway bar centered.

No doubt that the sway bar walking side to side induced some side loading on the links. I used the stock links, as adjustment was not something I was going to be doing. My instructions directed the stock links to be mounted to the outside of the sway bar, whereas yours appear to be mounted inside. The instructions for the adjustable links may have stated otherwise, dunno.
    Run the stock links to get back on the road and install some lock collars for the sway bar.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Let me know where you sent the email, I didn't see anything come through about this, but I was out of the country and maybe missed it. You can send one direct to me though - Dave@ddmworks.com

Talk with you soon,
    Dave

Sent via txt message as directed to. Was told it was the "tech line". 6004 phone number. Thanks!

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Thanks all. That is what I meant about should have read this before installing. None of the install directions mentioned this and my 2017 didn't have an locking collars on it, so I didn't know. Need to fix the bent parts and get me some locking collars.

• Thanks all. That is what I meant about should have read this before installing. None of the install directions mentioned this and my 2017 didn't have an locking collars on it, so I didn't know. Need to fix the bent parts and get me some locking collars.

Install the links in the straighest up position that does not hit anything.