Question about the 1320 Header with Stock Exhaust

• Hey y'all I just purchased the 1320 header and was going to use it with the stock exhaust for now. My question is do you have to take off all those plastic side panels to install just the header? I see those 3 bolts for the exhaust flange and should be able to get to those. When I unbolt those will those springs pull the exhaust away from the motor and be too stiff to re position the exhaust back to the new header?

Edited once, last by MISC ().

• I know this is an old thread but tackling the 1320 header install this Friday, and after watching the video, was really dreading needing to take the whole side panel off.

Glad to hear others did it without removing the side. Going to try installing it from the top.

• Awesome .. had a half hour yesterday before I picked up the kids so I managed to get the stock manifold out. Seemed maybe too easy lol

If the 1320 header goes in as easy as the stock manifold came out, it’ll make my day! ... To be determined

• Took about 10 minutes of maneuvering to get it into place. Not bad at all, much better than removing the whole side and exhaust.

Didn’t even unclip the exhaust spring.

Total time was 1.5 hours from start to finish. Glad I went this route!

• The night I got my header from the dealer we had lost power to the house due to a wind storm. Of course being all excited I decided to tackle it anyways. I figured I would do as the slingmods vid showed and start taking the panels off. I got half way and decided that this was bulls@#&. But by then the sun was down and all I had was a light strapped to my head. Disconnected muffler and went for it. In the end I didn't need to take any panels out and could have swapped everything out in the daylight had I known. Some lessons suck to learn. Love the header though I am sure you will too.

• Haven’t really gotten to drive it much, however, I’m surprised that I don’t notice any difference in exhaust tone. I guess it’s because this is the first vehicle I installed a header before an aftermarket exhaust but I guess it is what it is lol