Engine breathing Mods and Dyno Tuning

• I will be picking up my New 2016 Base in a few weeks and I plan on doing Exhaus(Welter?) + Manifold + CAI.

It is my understanding that any changes made to Engine Breatjhing, front or back, requires Dyno Tuning because you will be running 'Lean'.

There for I plan on doing all three pretty much at the same time then doing Dyno.

Would like to hear others thoughts on this...

• Dyno tuning is not required for the three items. You will notice a good bump in power and smoothness with that combination.
    If you would like to take it a step further MEFI burn has an ECU refresh that will improve the performance and make the throttle smooth like butter. I had it done one the 2015 model. It has not been done on the 2016.5 because the tune on it seems to be smoother than the 15.

• I have changed all three safely without updating my ECU tune but the only reason I'm not updating the tune is I have a turbo install scheduled this winter which would require yet another ECU update.

• I'm looking at changing my setup to the following:
    Alpha Shorty Headers
    Alpha Variable Exhaust
    Alpha Cold Air Intake

With all of this I would also conceder a re-map on the ECU. However living in the UK, I'm reluctant to send it back over to the States for this and then get it returned back to England, as this could take an age.
    Does anyone have any views, if this is worth it or any other possible options.

Note: The Ecotec 2.4l engine is not available in any European, GM motors.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• You will like the benefits gained from the Alpha products, they perform well.
    Your Sling will run a lot better with the above mods.
    The ECU makes throttle inputs real smooth. It changes the fuel schedule so it doesn't take progressive steps, but instead slides up the scale. You will also feel a small increase in power.
    I would install the Alpha products and drive it for a while to see what you think.
    Bob at MEFI burn provides a great re-flash of the ECU that is proven, but might not be needed by you.

• You will like the benefits gained from the Alpha products, they perform well.
    Your Sling will run a lot better with the above mods.
    The ECU makes throttle inputs real smooth. It changes the fuel schedule so it doesn't take progressive steps, but instead slides up the scale. You will also feel a small increase in power.
    I would install the Alpha products and drive it for a while to see what you think.
    Bob at MEFI burn provides a great re-flash of the ECU that is proven, but might not be needed by you.

I second that!!!

• I have done the 3 (2016.5) and am very happy with the results. I have considered the tune, but at this point I really don't see the reason. I'll keep the $500 for other things!

Ingen CAI
    1320 Exhaust header V1
    Alpha side exit exhaust

Its $400 if you let him know you are a forum member and with your upgrades it makes a big difference in throttle response and power throughout the entire RPM range .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I currently have a similar combination on my sling. I ran it for a while before I sent my ecu for the tune. I can say that the tune made more of a difference than adding the mods did. I am sure many on the board would agree that this is a must have mod even if you leave everything stock. Throttle response and drive ability is greatly improved and worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I had good power with the CAI, 1320 header with the cat delete pipe and stock muffler and liked the sound, I was getting 34 MPG. Then I added the Welter Dual and BOB's Tune and got even more power. Running a little rich now with that power and getting right at 30 MPG. Loving every minute of it.