• In a nutshell the dark side was "over moderated". Once @rabtech started this forum it was like horses stampeding out the gate to come here. Very quickly most of the know how was here. Still a lot of good folks on old forum but don't think it will ever foster the brotherhood displayed here!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I started typing my reply to you @Fla tom and I had to stop because the more I typed the more upset I became. I know it makes me a wimp to say this but it makes tears come to my eyes when I think back to how this forum came to be. It's a long story that needs to be told... And I'm sure I will one day.

For now I will just reply this way:

This forum was built by a bunch of real people that wanted a place to hang out and NOT have to worry about posting what brand of oil they run. Then later having it deleted because a vendor didn't sell that kind of oil.

This forum was built by real Slingshot owners that had rather take a full day of riding time and type out a helpful post if they knew it would benefit the other members.

This forum was built around the belief that if you typed the word "shit or damn" in your post you probably wanted to get you damn point across to other members.......

If you were one of the members here that watched the whole situation unfold on the other forum you can tell the other members here that I begged and begged for change to made to the moderation. I just wanted the members post to stay just like they were when they clicked relpy.....

As far as moderation goes on this forum...It's absolutely amazing how little I have to intervene on this forum. We all moderate ourselves here really well. The way i see it is it's kinda like taking a dump on the kitchen table. We all have to eat at that table so why would you do it???

Now I have to go cut some damn onions so I can explain to my wife why it looks like I have been crying.

• Thanks any time you feel like expanding , pm phone meet up in pc let me know, you made a great site imo

• Im sure there are a bunch of members on here that can tell you exact details of instances that happen to them... I don't want this to thread to turn into a "lets bash the other forum" thread so please keep it kinda civil if any of you decide to elaborate... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Y'all dont forget what helped to break the camel's back... @Cameron Roberts might have a story to tell if he wants to...

Here is something else that probably needs to be posted for clarity...

Little did I know at that time how true the second paragraph would turn out to be.... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• I have not posted a single thing on that site since April till the other day. I had to make a few post to clarify something before it got out of hand...

It amazes me that the three top posters on that site are all over here on this site now and have been since the magical day in April.

I have also noticed that if it were not for a few of our nicer members gong back and forth they would have very little new material...

Check this out,..,

• That forum was a forum for paid vendors not a forum for the slingshot owner. Even the small fry that didn't pay to be a vendor like @Red (I think is him) that made seat brackets that vendors didn't even sell had to PM to buy them (they move the passenger seat up a cpl of inches to allow for more recline). Any way 1 rogue moderator & lots of politics for a damn forum and quite a few knowledgeable and helpful members getting "reprimanded" for the most minuscule thing is how we ended up with this great forum... I don't contribute much as my SS is a stock pearl black LE so I don't no much of mods or turbos, but I enjoy the comradery that all the people on this forum have even if I haven't been to the events or met any of them.... YET.

• I will say this .... I was so pissed about the way I was ignored when I posted my question to the admins that I stayed awake for over 3 days straight building this forum.

Some have asked me if I had planned all this out in advance.... I swear I really had no idea that I was going to create a forum. I had toyed around with it a few months earlier but things seemed to have gotten a little better so I dropped the whole idea. If I remember correctly I was at the Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham on black Friday sitting in the room watching TV. While my wife was shopping I got a call from @funinthesun about some of his post being moderated and I believe he even mentioned that @StickerDick also had some of his post either changed or deleted. That was when I started playing around with some of the forum software that I had used in the past. But like I said, things seem to get a little better so I just dropped the whole idea and let it slide...

Then in April I got pissed off for the last time and decided it was time to take my Adderall and wash it down with a gallon of 5 Hour Energy drink and create this forum.

• Just remember everyone,,,,, The forum is getting some new upgrades soon. It's just a few new features that I think everyone wants to see,....

AND NO @Bill Martin, I wont be adding chrome to the site!

:D:D:thumbup::thumbup:

I would like to paint my slingshot chrome... to bad wrapping the slingshot has a bad rap cause a chrome slingshot me thinks me would likey lol

• That forum was a forum for paid vendors not a forum for the slingshot owner. Even the small fry that didn't pay to be a vendor like @Red (I think is him) that made seat brackets that vendors didn't even sell had to PM to buy them (they move the passenger seat up a cpl of inches to allow for more recline). Any way 1 rogue moderator & lots of politics for a damn forum and quite a few knowledgeable and helpful members getting "reprimanded" for the most minuscule thing is how we ended up with this great forum... I don't contribute much as my SS is a stock pearl black LE so I don't no much of mods or turbos, but I enjoy the comradery that all the people on this forum have even if I haven't been to the events or met any of them.... YET.

It's about time to get out and meet some of us. I know that y'all Texans think that there is nothing past the Texas state line. I promise you we have some kick ass roads over this way... Try to make it to the Smoky Mountain event if you can. If you can make only one event that would be the one I would shoot for.......

Thanks for posting and being a member here. I don't care if you haven't even added a set of valve stem caps to your slingshot... At least you are on the correct forum. That speaks volumes about you...

• It's about time to get out and meet some of us. I know that y'all Texans think that there is nothing past the Texas state line. I promise you we have some kick ass roads over this way... Try to make it to the Smoky Mountain event if you can. If you can make only one event that would be the one I would shoot for.......
    Thanks for posting and being a member here. I don't care if you haven't even added a set of valve stem caps to your slingshot... At least you are on the correct forum. That speaks volumes about you...

I was on that forum long before everything went down and have met several (about 10 to 15) of the Texas owners a cpl times at brunch event 1 owner used to through at Blue Mesa... I came here day 1 this site was made and never looked back.... can't even remember the last time I was on the other site.

• Yeah, and when people tried to build or help and provide, it was like, whoa, you aren't a vendor, blah, blah, blah, stop or you're kicked out... I think... :huh:

No...
    @Bill Martin nailed it....over moderated...and yes I am a moderator on that forum