• It's about time to get out and meet some of us. I know that y'all Texans think that there is nothing past the Texas state line. I promise you we have some kick ass roads over this way... Try to make it to the Smoky Mountain event if you can. If you can make only one event that would be the one I would shoot for.......

Thanks for posting and being a member here. I don't care if you haven't even added a set of valve stem caps to your slingshot... At least you are on the correct forum. That speaks volumes about you...

Rab you have to understand that it takes as long to get across the great State of Texas as it takes most to cross 5 state lines....

• I think unlike TBS we are much more of a family, than just a bunch of people posting on a forum. There have been a multitude of posts where a forum member needed help and other members went out of their way to help. In some cases a post was made of someone not even on the forum and this wonderful family of people stepped up with donations and or support. It is all kind of magical to me. I have been blessed with some new friends that I am closer to than people I have know all my life. If you have an opportunity to join any of us at a gathering whether it is a large event or just a bunch of us heading to the mountains to ride DON'T MISS IT.

Just want to say thank you to all of you and especially to @rabtech for building and maintaining this wonderful place.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I love this place!

I had some PM's deleted and a simple answer to a question that a person asked seemed to get him and his entire family banned from TDS because all of a sudden he was a vendor who didn't pay. What a load of shit. Truth is, he did become a vendor, after a year of product development and testing, but when he was asking the questions to get help from actual slingshot users to assist.. he was treated very badly. It all happened about the same time as the rodent who would be king...

So thank you @rabtech for doing this. It is your passion that started this site and our passion that makes it the best place for information or help that exists in the Slingshot world.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• No...
    @Bill Martin nailed it....over moderated...and yes I am a moderator on that forum

My bad... That's why I ended with "I think..."

Though it does seem some have posted about the issues with privately selling vs a vendor, etc...

Anyway, without TDS, I wouldn't have my Sling... Bought it used there... :thumbup:

So thank you TDS for being a catalyst (in more ways than one)! :thumbsup:

• I feel I need to also share my story here. First off, thanks to @rabtech for going the extra mile to set this site up. I wasn't here for the transition, I was only reading on the Dark Side as an outsider. I have only joined this site (Slingshot related), and one other. The other site I've posted one or two times, and haven't been there for a very long time... likely 5 months. I am on a few on FB, but not very active on those either. This is my go to site, and I spend about 1/2 my social tech time here. The things I've notice the most are the friendships, helpful advice and willingness to help in times of need, and lack of trolls/bashing here. Most try to be helpful, and those that know something, state it as a known fact (like a repair or upgrade from experience). Those that aren't sure, but have a suggestion that they think might work, say so.... but also let it be known that it's theory only, and not proven to work. Unlike most other places, that give out bad info and stand by it like it's fact.

Sorry this is long, but my story is similar. I have been, and still am, a Harley rider most of my adult life. I've logged 450,000 miles in my riding career. About a decade ago, I joined a forum, called the BigWildPanheadSaloon. It was started by 3 guys, nicknamed Big (short for Bigincher, relating to the 115 CI powerplant he planned to install in his Softail), Wild, and Pan. There were between 1200 and 1400 members, and the forum was very busy. But it was busy with the wrong people, and "Big" attempted to correct that. Pan wanted only the $$ from sponsorship, and from the site sales... so numbers were more important to him. He threw Big under the bus... even though the site would never have been if not for Big who designed it. Long story shortened (much more it it, I'll spare the ugly details), about 20 of us left, and started up a site that's by invitation only. Today, that site (DoubleCrossSaloon) still is up and running. The other one died within a year of us leaving, because most of the knowledge on Harleys left with us.

This was worked better though. Somehow, the problem people haven't been on here much. Yet the place has grown. I'm just thankful to be a part of it, and hope to meet up with as many as I can in the future.

Brent

• I think unlike TBS we are much more of a family, than just a bunch of people posting on a forum. There have been a multitude of posts where a forum member needed help and other members went out of their way to help. In some cases a post was made of someone not even on the forum and this wonderful family of people stepped up with donations and or support. It is all kind of magical to me. I have been blessed with some new friends that I am closer to than people I have know all my life. If you have an opportunity to join any of us at a gathering whether it is a large event or just a bunch of us heading to the mountains to ride DON'T MISS IT.

Just want to say thank you to all of you and especially to @rabtech for building and maintaining this wonderful place.

Mitch

You nailed it, I wanted to say the same thing, you beat me to it. Three words about this forum,... HELPFUL, INFORMATION, and FUN. I got in trouble over there once when I told someone to kiss my butt and didn't put a smilie face after it. It's behind me now and old news. Thanks @rabtech, and all members, this place is MORE then a forum.

• The thing is , that once this site was developed by @rabtech and came on line, within days hundreds of people left the dark side forever. The other thing about this was that the forum members that were carrying/posting the most and answering questions and doing most of the mods and advising others for the most part left the dark side all at once. There are still just a few people that keep up with both sites on this forum. As for me and my problem with the hedgehog, I will never post anything else over there. Every once in a while I will go over there to check PM's to see if someone is trying to get in touch with me. This FORUM is like one big informative family. See you at SSITS17

• I am not sure to post this (but I am nosey err curious) I have found myself spending more time here than the other site. Why is the other site "the dark side"? What happened?

The simple answer is not that the other forum is so dark but this forum is absolutely the "Lightside" Bright with information and folks that care instead of damnation if you say the truth about a vendors product , action or lack there of .