• There will always be groups from every area, that join in together to do things. What they call themselves is up to them because they get to play and ride together between these big events. This forum is as close as club or family group that I want. I enjoy the relationships of everyone on this forum. Around here there are just the 3 of us local that get together and @Bubblehead when he comes to Myrtle Beach. The main thing is to ride, socialize,and help each other when we can. Sure, just like in life we all will not agree all of the time.

• Pretty amazed at these cold answers from what I thought were my brothers. True colors showed up from some of you. I guess no difference from the Darkside.

Bye

I think you may be taking things the wrong way. You know we are all friends here and to be honest the comment "Many may apply but 12 are chosen" was a no go for me. Who is to say you or I are better than the next person and don't belong in a clique. It's just silly high school rules at that point. Would rather keep the acceptance open to anyone. Heck we take people out of our area as you well know.

I only know you from this forum, but because of that I would shed blood, sweat, and gears wrenching on your Slingshot and would ride with you any day.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Pretty amazed at these cold answers from what I thought were my brothers. True colors showed up from some of you. I guess no difference from the Darkside.

Bye

And this is EXACTLY what happens when the little cliques & clubs start. My point exactly. People get all butt hurt. The family & camaraderie & brotherhood starts dissipating. By the fact we all own one of these machines puts us all in a clique. Why do we need sub-cliques? What's next, 1%'er Slingers?!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Bye

Crew code does not permit pouting. We are your brothers and sisters, and always will be. Don't mistake Crew pride for a lack of respect for your new endeavor.

If it is important to you, speak up a little more clearly. I'm still not quite sure what the deal is with D12, but am open minded. At the moment, my only concern is the sticker - not big on that. Well, I also have concerns that multiple personalities will count against the 12... If so, @MACAWS, @DocG and I = 12...

• Crew code does not permit pouting. We are your brothers and sisters, and always will be. Don't mistake Crew pride for a lack of respect for your new endeavor.
    If it is important to you, speak up a little more clearly. I'm still not quite sure what the deal is with D12, but am open minded. At the moment, my only concern is the sticker - not big on that. Well, I also have concerns that multiple personalities will count against the 12... If so, @MACAWS, @DocG and I = 12...

I have had an opportunity to spend a little time with @MACAWS --- got to get out east and visit with the Crew!!!!!!!! Have chatted with several and really need to meet and ride with the bunch.

• Imma throw my 2 cents in here BRIEFLY!! I have made a living with words, spoken & written, most of my life. MANY times the written word does not come across the same as the spoken word creating conflict. I believe this may be what happened here cause you would never make me believe any of you guys have malice in your heart. REMEMBER - this is the time of year for peace and good will to all!!! :)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Red, White and Blue would be a good one for us traveling around a lot, could be called the D12 Wanderers ( sounds like a 60's folk group) 8o

You could make it brown like dog poop cause it's all over too. :00008698::00008698::00008698:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• no rules......except you can only have 12 members..... you can't make this stuff up. LOL

Some people have to feel elite status to make their world go round. Probably making up for short comings elsewhere. I kid, I kid.....love all you crazy peoples!

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• no rules......except you can only have 12 members..... you can't make this stuff up. LOL

Some people have to feel elite status to make their world go round. Probably making up for short comings elsewhere. I kid, I kid.....love all you crazy peoples!

Passive aggressive much? Oh well option 2 for you it is.

• I've started this post and deleted it a half dozen times already, because I don't know how to lead into what I want to say. So I guess I'll just get to the heart of the matter.

@sideseatdriver and I have met some really cool people on here, and there are a whole bunch more that we have gotten to know electronically who we wish to meet in real life. This is, by and large, a good group of folks, and I have been pretty impressed with the caliber of people who I have been privileged to meet and interact with so far. I have respect for a bunch of people on this forum whom I have never met, because of what they have said or done or stood for, consistently showing their good character. If you knew me, you would know that's not generally a common occurrence for me, but this forum has become a place I trust, and that has largely been extended to all of you.

So it saddens me to see this discussion has gotten out of hand. This thread started with a shared post of some folks getting together around a table, some pictures of their Slingshots, with a sticker on them. Now, 8 pages later, we have a whole lot different tone. For what? A sticker and a bunch of folks with shared interests, getting together and enjoying some camaraderie? Regardless of which side of the discussion you agree with, you have to admit that there is an element of 5th grade hubris and name calling to this entire thread.

@WraithSS, @Bubblehead, @Tripod, @FunCycle, and several others are clearly on the anti-D12 side. They have a point. Why create a clique? Doesn't that have potential to create division? @bubba, @Nemesis1701, and a few others, are in favor of the group. And they have a point. It's a free country, you're free to associate and gather, and isn't that after all what we're all about as Slingers anyway? Get together, and have a good time.

I miss the days when you could say "I disagree with your position, but I respect you as a person/neighbor/whomever," and could just go about your business. Now we're too sensitive to people disagreeing with us. Now we have to question people's manhood, use childish adjectives, and assail their character, just because a couple folks who are maybe a little too quick with a keyboard and the mouse allowed their alligator mouth to override their hummingbird ass (as my old man used to say). (And by the way, this is my same rant about politics and general public discourse - we have lost our common civility.)

I'd like to see this thread go away, but since we aren't in the land of the Hedgehog and I also don't condone censorship, perhaps I can entreat @rabtech to at least close this thread for new comments, and we can move on. Enough people have been insulted or taken insult, and that's not why we have come together on this forum.

Happy to discuss offline with anyone who thinks I'm all fucked up or that I've overstepped my boundaries. Maybe I have. But the pit in my stomach at the growing animosity over a sticker and some poorly-chosen words says otherwise.

@Nemesis1701, I for one would appreciate seeing you back on this forum.

Best regards to all,
    KayTwo

• Well folks

I know I've been "missing in action" although I've been reading the forums.

We had a very personal tragedy that happened early on Thanksgiving morning. Nothing that I ever want to go through ever again.

In fact we are still dealing with it and our priorities have shifted for the moment from our family here on the slingshot community to dealing with this tragedy.

But we ARE a family regardless of what "branding" some may want or desire, or not.

Please, I implore all of you not to be offended, nor offend, with our posts here. Life is way too short not too.

So please excuse my absence while we try to soothe a 2 year old granddaughter in what's supposed to be a happy time for her.

Let's just be adults here and know we all have different opinions and thoughts - but that doesn't mean we're not family.

Now - Sling On!

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Well said @KayTwo I am not judging anyone about this, I thought I had cleared that up with my last post. The only clique for me is the SlingShot clique and the people involved in it. There is not a person on this forum that if they needed help, I would do whatever I could to help them. No clubs for me, been there and done that but what other forum members do is totally up to them. If something that I said was taken in the wrong way, I am sorry and that was not the intent.

• Well actually H-Town Slingers does exist and you are part of it...hahaha

• Oh no!!!! Is there anything we can do to help? Anything you need?