What An Amazing Group of People!

• As many of you may know, my husband, @Slej, dropped off the Sling to @Painter. On Halloween, he was involved in a horrible motorcycle accident and ended up in the ICU with a serious concussion, 3 broken ribs, punctured lung, chunk of his head missing and various other contusions, cuts, scraps and pains.

The Sling was ready, but because of the accident, we were not going to be able to go and pick it up any time in the near future.

A couple of forum members came to check on him once he was back home. Some of you that were at Crystal's Welcome Home Party may recall we made an appearance but didn't stay long - his pain was not quite under control.

@KayTwo reached out to me via text and asked how I felt about he, @V-SHOT and @MACAWS driving up to Indiana and trailering the Sling back. I was shocked by the level of support they offered and compassion they exhibited.

They left yesterday, Saturday, Dec 4th, at 0345 and dropped off the Sling about 2½ hours ago (Sunday at 1315).

Thank-you cannot begin to express the gratitude I am feeling. Although I do not post often, I consider myself more of a luker. ;) This forum is AMAZING and those that make up our community are INCREDIBLE!

Lastly, the paint job is SICK :thumbsup::thumbup:<3:love: Pictures to follow!!

• Fantastic ! Great Job Guys @MACAWS , @KayTwo and @V-SHOTand congratulations to @Slej as you continue to recover . Thanks for Sharing @Smoochie. A fine well orchastrated clandestine operation has been completed ,just in time for Christmas. Thanks to all of the other behind the scene supporters as well . Some are incognetto, discised as spouses and professional workers of all sorts .
    Again ,some of the best folks and best info you will find , reside right here on this forum .

• Can't let the behind-the-scenes supporters stay incognito, though. @sideseatdriver, Velma, and Collette were all a big part of this whole thing by supporting it from home and letting the boys go off on hairbrained escapades. And of course, @Painter and Kay for playing along, opening their home to us, feeding us a great dinner and being great company before we headed back.

• Well, if you want the true behind the scenes story, the discussion went something like this:

K2: So Vshot and I want to drive 36 hours straight to help Slej.
    Me: I'm not sure that's the safest idea....
    K2: But Velma said Vshot could go!
    Me: (Sigh). Call MACAWS. If he can go too, then you can go.
    K2: Yay! I get to go!

In the meantime, I was trying to figure out how much I was willing to spend on bail.

• My law firm is at your disposal any time you are in need :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• And on the other side of that call to @MACAWS...

:00008356:

Honestly though, super awesome! Really happy to be a part of this awesome group! Slingshots... They're a brotherhood!

• I told John to save some cookies in case we needed to bribe our way out of a ticket. But all he said was pass the milk please.
    I want to give extra notice to V-SHOT that man was sick as a dog and should have been home in bed. But the trooper that he is he was right in the thick of things.

I got to spend time with two fantastic guys on a mission to help out a brother & sister slinger. I was happy to be included.

And a visit with painter is always worth the journey.

All I have to say is that if the rest of the world could live the way our Slingshot family lives the world would be at peace!

You guys and gals just keep doing what you do - you all are the best

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We all share a bond here that is simply incredible. Hats off to you gals and guys!I Hope we continue this ....always.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I am humbled, amazed, and delighted to be part of this group. I have been in groups/clubs in the past, and with really good people, but the sheer ratio of great people in this community is amazing. Hats off to all of you!

US Navy 1990-2015
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We
    seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds
    you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

--Samuel Adams