• New end links look much better. The brackets are much more substantial, are greasable, and neoprene pads rather than plastic. Don't necessarily need the end links (we didn't use them on ours) but the brackets are well worth the money.

The new bushing and brackets use a urethane bushing if I am correct and will last pretty much forever especially since they are grease able. The one thing about the end links nobody mentioned is that they are adjustable. Which is great for a track run sling. The cool looks factor trumps all though. I personally have ordered all 3 for a complete install!.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I have the DDM sway bar and mounts with the OEM links. I have mine mounted in the stiffer hole. My question in the ways I see these mounted, does it make any difference if they (links) are mounted to sway bar on the inside of bar (engine side) or outside of bar (wheel side)?

• I have the DDM sway bar and mounts with the OEM links. I have mine mounted in the stiffer hole. My question in the ways I see these mounted, does it make any difference if they (links) are mounted to sway bar on the inside of bar (engine side) or outside of bar (wheel side)?

The only problem would be , you might hit the a-arms if you do not have the locks on the sway bar. Some of the models/years did not come with the locks.

• My 2016 did not have locks on the original sway bar. I did not install them at first on the DDM and the first hard ride it slid over about as far at it could go. Ordered and installed DST lateral locks. I currently have my links on the outside (wheel side) of sway bar.

• the DDM bars now come with the stops built in to the sway bar - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• There is a another choice that many seem to forget, maybe one should try before leaping in aftermarket replacements. Obviously not for the more aggressive drivers but may work for the daily casual driver.

Factory Sway Bar Upgrade

• There is a another choice that many seem to forget, maybe one should try before leaping in aftermarket replacements. Obviously not for the more aggressive drivers but may work for the daily casual driver.
    Factory Sway Bar Upgrade

Thank you for posting this - I was aware of this option. has anyone actually done the math to determine what the increase in torsional stiffness would be by moving the holes in like this?

• Thank you for posting this - I was aware of this option. has anyone actually done the math to determine what the increase in torsional stiffness would be by moving the holes in like this?

Not that I am aware of, but I would guess it would be something short of 450 lbs/in which would be a good choice for someone looking for a inexpensive upgrade. I am sure it would be noticeable.

Myself I purchased a DDM and drilled my own second set of holes before they even offered the two settings.

@Ruptured Duck did you ever do calculations?

• Not that I am aware of, but I would guess it would be something short of 450 lbs/in which would be a good choice for someone looking for a inexpensive upgrade. I am sure it would be noticeable.
    Myself I purchased a DDM and drilled my own second set of holes before they even offered the two settings.

my biggest problem is trying to educate myself about the effects of going firmer and if there is such a thing as too much at what point is it. I have been reading as much as I can find about this, but everything I have found is about cars with 4 wheels and often sway bars at both ends. I know that drastic sway bar changes at either end of a rear wheel drive car can lead to understeer or oversteer. with understeer typically being a problem when you go to stiff in the front, but our slingshots are very different from a 4 wheel car when talking about suspension, there is no rear mechanism to control body roll - heck there is no rear body - all body roll is pretty much controlled by just the front - so do these same principals still apply? can going to stiff cause understeer or is this issue not an issue with our slingshots?

This is why I am asking here - I dont know if anyone here knows the technically how a three wheeled vehicle is going to react, but I do know 100% guaranteed that someone here has tried all of these things and probably more and if I am lucky those who have gone before me can share what they have learned with me and give me the benefit of their experience :)

• Not that I am aware of, but I would guess it would be something short of 450 lbs/in which would be a good choice for someone looking for a inexpensive upgrade. I am sure it would be noticeable.

really only rough calculation based off what @Dave@DDMWorks had noted back when I did the stock upgrade. Based off his number of 350lbs for the stock and estimating a 15-20% improvement I believe the OE upgrades puts you at about 420lbs. This is less than to softest setting of the DDM bar but still a great improvement over stock. Again I can't say it enough that simple replacing the OE sway bar bushings improves a lot.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• This is just my opinion so .... To me...if you do shocks then you should do the way bar, the bushings and links as well...they both work hand in hand with one another. By doing one and not the other you will see improvement but you are not maximizing its potential.

JMHO

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• This is just my opinion so .... To me...if you do shocks then you should do the way bar, the bushings and links as well...they both work hand in hand with one another. By doing one and not the other you will see improvement but you are not maximizing its potential.

JMHO

SSREAPER

I understand, but I also think that restraint for my type of usage is needed. My slingshot is my daily driver this means that I have to keep in mind the fact that I will be driving it in the rain and in other conditions where traction will not be perfect. from what I have read and been told "maximizing potential" for dry track type conditions could be very detrimental to maintaining traction in wet conditions.

right now I am coming to the conclusion that before I make any further changes I should take the time to learn how my current suspension setup performs in all possible weather conditions. From what Marty over at JRI has told me even with just the grand touring coil overs the improvement should be very substantial. knowing this I feel that if I keep making changes without first knowing exactly where it is now I could find out the hard way that I went to far

as much as the addictive side of my personality is yelling in my ear - "get more" my more reasonable side is saying "learn where you are first"

perhaps to satisfy the addictive side I should just go with something that wont change the suspension like a nice short shiftier :evil:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• well, I guess I made my choice, In the end I heard nothing but good things from people who had either bar so I decided to let price be the deciding factor. with the Labor Day sales that ended up being the Twist

Ordered it today which considering it is a holiday really means tomorrow and now I just have to wait for the shipping to get it across the country

this is my last real performance mod so going forward will be mostly little things - - still need to get a flag mount :)

• just out of curiosity does anyone here know what the weight of the stock sway bar is?