• I went with the DDM Works Tripple adjustables...I am ordering the DDM sway bar...unfortunately RRR is no longer in business otherwise I would get that as well.
    SSREAPER

Thank you very much!

As for the RRR bar, we just had one show up that we are going to be testing, thanks to @TravAZ. We are interested in testing it to see what it was doing and how to improve it further.

• I went with the DDM Works Tripple adjustables...I am ordering the DDM sway bar...unfortunately RRR is no longer in business otherwise I would get that as well.
    SSREAPER

You do not need the RRR bar, just pull your stock bar and get you a 1 1/2 inch square tube of steel or alum. that will slide inside. @MACAWS did this with his and I think it is 1 1/2 inch, you may have to trim the corners a little to make it work

• Thank you very much!
    As for the RRR bar, we just had one show up that we are going to be testing, thanks to @TravAZ. We are interested in testing it to see what it was doing and how to improve it further.

Thats awesome @Dave@DDMWorks glad to see your always looking to make things even better!

You do not need the RRR bar, just pull your stock bar and get you a 1 1/2 inch square tube of steel or alum. that will slide inside. @MACAWS did this with his and I think it is 1 1/2 inch, you may have to trim the corners a little to make it work

Thank you for that info...I will ask @MACAWS about it!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Have to say all this swaying is making me feel little dizzy. But will say that is gonna be next mod for me as well. Thanks to all the commentary on sway bar from all you fine people that want to help me spend my money.. Really sounds like that is a good mod, so will have to look into this.
    @MiM if you here of a slightly used one let me know, cause you don’t want RED.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Thats awesome @Dave@DDMWorks glad to see your always looking to make things even better!

Thank you for that info...I will ask @MACAWS about it!
    SSREAPER

Not much to it. Macaws installed steel plates in his and I put the 1.5 inch steel bar in mine. Remove the radiator support, remove the round bushings from the ends of the radiator support, cut the 2.5 inch square tube to length, place the end of the support on a piece of wood, insert the tube from the other end, using another piece of wood on the end of the tube, drive it in. After it is inserted use a step drill to open up the holes in the tube where the mounting bolts go through. Not sure if this is needed, but I also cut the bushings down to fit inside of the tube. Reinstall it and you are done.

• Have to say all this swaying is making me feel little dizzy. But will say that is gonna be next mod for me as well. Thanks to all the commentary on sway bar from all you fine people that want to help me spend my money.. Really sounds like that is a good mod, so will have to look into this.
    @MiM if you here of a slightly used one let me know, cause you don’t want RED.

JUST SAYIN

There may be some looking to get the new DDM one and will have their old lock-less bar to sell... I'll keep my eye out... ;)

If you have stock bushings (some models apparently stopped provided them), then you may be okay without the locks of the new bars...?

I think... :huh:

• Oh and @SSREAPER... Gotta match hardware and save money! So springs matching sway bar looks good, and is cheaper...

If I had all the money, then yes, dipping springs and sway bar would be nice. But I already have the springs, so not a big deal... Gotta prioritize and strategize... :thumbup:

• As for the RRR bar, we just had one show up that we are going to be testing, thanks to @TravAZ. We are interested in testing it to see what it was doing and how to improve it further.

“We are interested in testing it to see what it was doing“ is the part I am most interested in since I am a non believer that it did anything. Never did it myself, not disputing any claims from anyone who has, just a non believer, @Dave@DDMWorks I trust will get some facts.

• Does it compare to what is done on the Mustangs and the Camero's under the hood?

The Camaro and Mustang both use struts in the front. A strut will see side loading and so a strut brace that goes across the engine bay will help with those side loads. The Slingshot uses shocks with A arms on the front, which means that the shocks to not see side loading like a strut and the control arms carry the side loads. Completely different setups and how the braces work would be different.

• Does it compare to what is done on the Mustangs and the Camero's under the hood?

Yes, there is a comparison, which doesn’t make me a believer. Mustangs and Camaro’s are not built on space frames such as the SlingShot. Mustangs and Camaro’s have outboard rear wheels which will cause the body to twist where as the SlingShot has one centered wheel that the body pivots on. Not arguing, I have no facts to prove my thought process, just not convinced the frame is twisting in hard cornering. That is why I am very interested in Dave’s findings.

• The Camaro and Mustang both use struts in the front. A strut will see side loading and so a strut brace that goes across the engine bay will help with those side loads. The Slingshot uses shocks with A arms on the front, which means that the shocks to not see side loading like a strut and the control arms carry the side loads. Completely different setups and how the braces work would be different.

Thank you @Dave@DDMWorks, I love the way you are willing to take the time to help those of us with less knowledge learn and understand these things

I would like to ask you about the settings on the DDM sway bar. how would you rate the two settings, are both settings what you would call moderate, or is one moderate and the other more of a track setting?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thank you @Dave@DDMWorks, I love the way you are willing to take the time to help those of us with less knowledge learn and understand these things
    I would like to ask you about the settings on the DDM sway bar. how would you rate the two settings, are both settings what you would call moderate, or is one moderate and the other more of a track setting?

Typically we use the further from the front hole (lower rate) for vehicles that are more stock and the closer to the front hole (higher rate) for vehicles that generate higher cornering loads.

• Typically we use the further from the front hole (lower rate) for vehicles that are more stock and the closer to the front hole (higher rate) for vehicles that generate higher cornering loads.

I am glad I asked about this - now I feel comfortable making a decision that is actually based on my needs instead of just buying the one that has the highest torsional stiffness - - - I think it is fairly clear that going with that extreme with how I use my Slingshot probably would not have been the best choice and could have actually hurt drivability for the way I use my Slingshot.

thank you all who have helped to educate me - - - I like that I can make mods knowing why I am choosing what I am choosing and not just buying based on hype. :)

• I'm following this thread bigtime. My strategy with my CJ5's has been drive it 'til you roll it. That way you know your margin of no return. I really don't want to employ this strategy on the Sling. But I am pushing harder and harder into the corners. I can feel the benefit of a stiffer swaybar. And maybe running with the traction control off. Rock and Roll brothers and sisters!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm following this thread bigtime. My strategy with my CJ5's has been drive it 'til you roll it. That way you know your margin of no return. I really don't want to employ this strategy on the Sling. But I am pushing harder and harder into the corners. I can feel the benefit of a stiffer swaybar. And maybe running with the traction control off. Rock and Roll brothers and sisters!

around here most of the twisties where I like to have fun are on the roads up into and down out of the mountains. as such 9 times out of 10 one side or the other of the turn has a several hundred foot drop off into some canyon and the other side is a rock wall

these are great roads to have fun on, but not so great for testing the limits of any vehicle

seems like its almost a weekly thing to hear on the news that some idiot has gone off the side of highway 74. Heck last year some guy in a Porsche went off the edge with he and his girlfriend strapped in, but their infant was in the back not strapped in. they both lived, but the baby died and last I heard he was being tried for murder

Traction control off? You sir are a madman. I did that once in a parking lot and have never worked up the nerve to try it again.

That is badass actually @SlingLow, much respect. Your skills and balls are in a different class than mine. :thumbsup:

• “We are interested in testing it to see what it was doing“ is the part I am most interested in since I am a non believer that it did anything. Never did it myself, not disputing any claims from anyone who has, just a non believer, @Dave@DDMWorks I trust will get some facts.

We did some quick testing last night on the stock aluminum piece that is in the Slingshot and we were really surprised by how much the stock bar is doing under loading and also that the stock bar is actually twisting some under loading. I was pretty skeptical that the RRR piece was doing anything, but from the initial testing we did last night, we are going to test further. Once we get some more data, we will post it, definitely surprising though.

• We did some quick testing last night on the stock aluminum piece that is in the Slingshot and we were really surprised by how much the stock bar is doing under loading and also that the stock bar is actually twisting some under loading. I was pretty skeptical that the RRR piece was doing anything, but from the initial testing we did last night, we are going to test further. Once we get some more data, we will post it, definitely surprising though.

I am following this intently !! After doing the shocks and the sway bar...I think that part would be the last of the chassis and suspension upgrades that should be addressed before going full boost to get the most out of the sling performance wise.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• As an interesting note I am finding that my slingshot already seems to stay much flatter in the corners. When I went with the JRI Grand Touring I knew it would ride better, but being the more comfortable JRI option over the "sport" shocks I was not sure if there would much if any improvement in handling. At this point I am thinking the improvement in cornering seems to be very substantial and this makes me happy.

in the case of wanting improved ride and also improved cornering it seems you can have your cake and eat it too - - - - :thumbsup: