Insurance Coverage

• Members, and new owners, listen up. This is a key part of your decision for purchasing a Slingshot. I was excited about getting my Slingshot when I purchased it in Feb 2015. I knew I had to have Insurance to drive it off the lot. I called my insurance company, Geico, they did not cover it and did not know what it was. I called a bunch of companies, then someone told me who would cover it. I forget the name, but they said it would be $2400 a year. I was desperate to drive my Slingshot. I signed up for it. On that Friday, I went in an excited feeling to the dealer to purchase my Slingshot. I showed him I had Insurance and all. He said, wow, you need to contact Pogressive Insurance, we have a deal with them to get low rates. I did and my rates went down to $555 a year. Folks, Insurance is another important part of your decision of purchase. Check it all out before you commit. I paid extra to cancel the insurance to go to Pogressive. You should not pay more that $600 or you are ripped off.

Stellar advise to shop around but comparing insurance rates from state to state or even person to person is futile.

For Example Progressive with their Polaris "partnership" is one of the most expensive in Florida (where we do not need insurance to drive it off the lot), I pay less than a third of what you do for low deductible full coverage with another national company that most in FL go with.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• We too had the insurance quote woes when we were looking to purchase and quotes were 4k, 2400, and then progressive was 897 for a year. We thought that was pretty good because well let's just say I have a lead foot..

• I'm still struggling to find a decent rate. Arkansas Farm Bureau came in the cheapest for me at $980. That is with a clean driving record. Now that the sling is becoming more mainstream, I'm going to shop around again. I hear Allstate has decent rates.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• My best so far, is Progressive:$671/year (in Ohio). I think the rates may drop over time, as the Slings become more populous, and more insurance companies get on board.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @Samowens44
    We also have Progressive as the underwriter for motorcycle coverage, covered thru USAA.. its more than $ 600 per year, but we are probably "over" insured.. it certainly isnt $2400 per year either.
    Got a quote from state farm thinking we might could do a little better, but nope. Double what we are paying now, for less coverage. Im not sure I like USAA.... the insurance is really cheaper than anywhere else, but I got rearended in November of 2013, and I had to do ALL THE LEG WORK, contact the at fault drivers insurance company, do the phone calls, the faxes, and it was nearly 5 months before I got a check for repairs...i switched from my insurance company to steves when we married cause it was indeed quite a bit cheaper for same coverage.... but I have never had to do the work on a wreck that wasnt my fault...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Is that for 12 months?? Well, if accidents drive up premium costs, we must have the worst drivers ever... (see video 8| )

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Is that for 12 months?? Well, if accidents drive up premium costs, we must have the worst drivers ever... (see video 8| )

my price is annual. Of course I have multiple vehicles insured and have never had a claim or ticket.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• same here, house and was 3 vehicles and 2 bikes but sold one car... no tickets, and only one accident that I wasnt at fault for. No rate increase, Guess it just depends on your location.

• As we can see from all of the comments, you really have to shop for your insurance and not be too excited and just jump at the first lower price when you are going to be a new owner of a Polaris Slingshot. I have learned some things from all of you as I was happy with my $555 cost. This should open up our eyes for sure, thanks for all of your input in helping with this important part of driving our beloved SS. When my insurance is close to expired, I will be looking for that $100 range, I have one of my friends that pays $118, I will call State Farm First and see if I can get that rate also. This is for Florida, Gainesville area.

• The insurance blues have returned :thumbdown: My Farm Bureau insurance agent called and informed me that the home office had reclassified the slingshot. They moved it from a cruiser to a sport and my premium was going from $898 to $1350 per year. He is still talking with the home office and trying to get an exception but no promises. I ran quotes 2 months ago and allstate and progressive were the next 2 competing rates in the $920 range. Looks like I'm about to switch.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.