Installed Pioneer 5.25 speakers

• Allrightee, I installed my Pioneer 5.25 speakers this morning. Super easy install. I think some members did this and found that the middle piece on the speaker hit the original Polaris speaker cover. I have the Red Dress up rings on my covers, so buying the Pioneer speaker covers was not the way to go for me. So, I got out my trusty ball peen hammer, laid a soft towel on my workbench, and proceeded to "massage" the "innee" of the metal cover into an "outee". Worked like a charm and cost me nothing!!! Simple fix for those that don't want to buy speaker covers. There is a nice improvement from the Pioneer's compared to the original speakers, so I'm a happy camper now!!!
    Here's a pic of the speaker before making it an "outee":

And here's the speaker cover after being "massaged" into an outee:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Allrightee, I installed my Pioneer 5.25 speakers this morning. Super easy install. I think some members did this and found that the middle piece on the speaker hit the original Polaris speaker cover. I have the Red Dress up rings on my covers, so buying the Pioneer speaker covers was not the way to go for me. So, I got out my trusty ball peen hammer, laid a soft towel on my workbench, and proceeded to "massage" the "innee" of the metal cover into an "outee". Worked like a charm and cost me nothing!!! Simple fix for those that don't want to buy speaker covers. There is a nice improvement from the Pioneer's compared to the original speakers, so I'm a happy camper now!!!
    Here's a pic of the speaker before making it an "outee":

And here's the speaker cover after being "massaged" into an outee:

Hey, nice work!!! (Wanna see my "outee"?!")

8o:00000008::00008040:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hey, nice work!!! (Wanna see my "outee"?!")
    8o:00000008::00008040:

Ummm...well....I'm sure it WOOD be ever so exciting, but thanks anyways. Besides, I've already got my hands full with my own "outee" :00008040:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• better sound?

Yes. Won't knock your socks off or anything like that, but for me they're definite improvement over stock.