What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Hernandeves5 wrote:

      mytoy wrote:

      I designed a Water resistant screen protector (easy replaceable without taking radio out) for my Sony XAV-AX100 Head Unit, it should be done by end of the week. Ill post another video when I test it.
      and how much you will sell it for? lol. I am seriously thinking about the sony myself. so if it works for you then I am going to need it also lol. job security lol. speaking of which, yesterday I took my sling to colemans to get the recall fixed, and there was a gentleman there probably in his 70s. He bought a 2016 model that colemans couldn't sell. Blue and white. I don't know why they never sold it, but anyway. I directed him to this forum so you might see someone new show up. He is going to have a ton of questions and want to do a lot of mods.
      I hope I have it done for testing be end of this week, it is machined tomorrow
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • This weekend I replace my burnt out headlight. :D

      Oh, and I also got around to installing the aluminum DDM coolant tank. No more gorilla on my back wondering when that plastic tank will burst.
      Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
      "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"
    • chavey2 wrote:

      2W2X1 wrote:

      This weekend I replace my burnt out headlight. :D
      And what about those tail lights? :evil:
      Nah... they are still glitching. Next time I take it in... :P
      Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
      "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"
    • mytoy wrote:

      Hernandeves5 wrote:

      mytoy wrote:

      I designed a Water resistant screen protector (easy replaceable without taking radio out) for my Sony XAV-AX100 Head Unit, it should be done by end of the week. Ill post another video when I test it.
      and how much you will sell it for? lol. I am seriously thinking about the sony myself. so if it works for you then I am going to need it also lol. job security lol. speaking of which, yesterday I took my sling to colemans to get the recall fixed, and there was a gentleman there probably in his 70s. He bought a 2016 model that colemans couldn't sell. Blue and white. I don't know why they never sold it, but anyway. I directed him to this forum so you might see someone new show up. He is going to have a ton of questions and want to do a lot of mods.
      I hope I have it done for testing be end of this week, it is machined tomorrow
      I'm happy the first part is machined just need to countersink for the screws and powder coat.
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • Installed The footrest for the passenger !

      Let me tell you a few things about grabbing something from rshot accessories. The installation instructions are written so well with so many pictures. The install tools were provided!! Extra hardware Incase you’re a dumbass like me that dropped a nut in the slingshot can could not find it.


      Easy to install , passenger loves it. Others test drive the foot rest too Velma @V-SHOT.

      My wife won this at booze and blues and I can’t thank @lrobbi enough for donating the prizes.

      Images
      • DDA7737C-432B-4D16-8795-C48BD3B140F7.jpeg

        271.65 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 12 times
      • A1890E42-56FE-4FC1-BCF7-18844D6DAA83.jpeg

        79.26 kB, 576×768, viewed 11 times
      • A8ACB5ED-B1FA-497C-8EB4-5579E066244E.jpeg

        175.99 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 13 times
    • Jdin wrote:

      Installed The footrest for the passenger !

      Let me tell you a few things about grabbing something from rshot accessories. The installation instructions are written so well with so many pictures. The install tools were provided!! Extra hardware Incase you’re a dumbass like me that dropped a nut in the slingshot can could not find it.


      Easy to install , passenger loves it. Others test drive the foot rest too Velma @V-SHOT.

      My wife won this at booze and blues and I can’t thank @lrobbi enough for donating the prizes.


      Very Happy you like it. Glad it was a breeze to install,

      thanks again!

      Lrobbi - RShotAccessories.com





      :D

      L R-SHOT
      - YouTube

      WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
      RACE DISCONNECTED US,
      RELIGION SEPERATED US,
      POLITICS DIVIDED US,
      AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.
    • When you want to have stuff done it is still possible, the second part is done for my rain resistant faceplate (radio) just need to strip it (no not a stipper) :00000450: :00008172: and re plate it. So it looks testing can be done soon.

      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • New

      MiM wrote:

      Joey, we gotta have a wrench day! I have a DDM tank that's been sitting in the box for awhile now... Also have springs to replace that @Spudinator is waiting for... :/

      Come over @2W2X1! I have a floor jack and tools... You can also help babysit the girls... :thumbsup:
      I'm game. But prefer you head to my garage since I know my tools better.

      I work for beer. :love:
      Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
      "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"
    • New


      2W2X1 wrote:

      MiM wrote:

      Joey, we gotta have a wrench day! I have a DDM tank that's been sitting in the box for awhile now... Also have springs to replace that @Spudinator is waiting for... :/

      Come over @2W2X1! I have a floor jack and tools... You can also help babysit the girls... :thumbsup:
      I'm game. But prefer you head to my garage since I know my tools better.
      I work for beer. :love:
      If the guys on the corner had that sing they would probably get more money...
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

      RideforKids.org
    • New

      EjFord wrote:


      2W2X1 wrote:

      MiM wrote:

      Joey, we gotta have a wrench day! I have a DDM tank that's been sitting in the box for awhile now... Also have springs to replace that @Spudinator is waiting for... :/

      Come over @2W2X1! I have a floor jack and tools... You can also help babysit the girls... :thumbsup:
      I'm game. But prefer you head to my garage since I know my tools better.I work for beer. :love:
      If the guys on the corner had that sing sign they would probably get more money...
      Fixed it for you... But I get it. @MiM will have to make one and prep for a wrench day. :D
      Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
      "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"
    • New

      2W2X1 wrote:

      EjFord wrote:


      2W2X1 wrote:

      MiM wrote:

      Joey, we gotta have a wrench day! I have a DDM tank that's been sitting in the box for awhile now... Also have springs to replace that @Spudinator is waiting for... :/

      Come over @2W2X1! I have a floor jack and tools... You can also help babysit the girls... :thumbsup:
      I'm game. But prefer you head to my garage since I know my tools better.I work for beer. :love:
      If the guys on the corner had that sing sign they would probably get more money...
      Fixed it for you... But I get it. @MiM will have to make one and prep for a wrench day. :D
      Former math teacher never did learn to speal….
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

      RideforKids.org
    • New

      Just an update. I took my sling in today to Del Amo motorsports in Santa Anna California. I think I found a new dealer! I arrived at 10 and they had me out the door at 12:30. I had her in for what I thought was a front end alignment. The inside of the tire was cupping. They found that my alignment was fine however the camber was out on the passenger side front tire ( redundant I know) and that they had to order a shim kit and my only disappointment is that it will take a week to 10 days for the shim kit to come in. They said they have never done one or encountered one needing a shim kit so we will see. They did not charge me a dime and said for me to just come back when the shim kit is in and they also ran my case number to Polaris for possible reimbursement because I have the extended warranty through 2020. All in all they kept me informed three or four times during my 2 1/2 hour stay today, and seem to be on it.


      BTW saw this sling at the dealer today. Never get tired of seeing ingenuity and individuality.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by SoCal ().

    • New

      looking at the slingshot dealers and the service levels that Polaris rates them it looks like this starting with the closest to me out


      COYNE POWERSPORTS-BANNING
      Distance: 23 Mi

      2301 WEST RAMSEY STREET
      PO BOX 908
      BANNING, CA 92220951-845-4882
      Service Levels

      TEMECULA MOTORSPORTS
      Distance: 41 Mi
      26860 JEFFERSON AVE
      MURRIETA, CA 92562951-698-4123
      Service Levels

      MALCOLM SMITH MOTORSPORTS
      Distance: 48 Mi
      7599 INDIANA AVE
      RIVERSIDE, CA 92504951-687-1300
      Service Levels

      MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS
      Distance: 64 Mi
      1025 N MOUNTAIN AVE
      ONTARIO, CA 91762909-988-8988
      Service Levels

      DEL AMO MOTORSPORTS OF ORANGE CTY
      Distance: 73 Mi
      2401 S PULLMAN ST.
      SANTA ANA, CA 92705949-642-4343
      Service Levels

      The only one I have personal experience with is Malcolm Smith and I have no complaints. I know an owner who used Coyne and was very dissatisfied

      Going strictly by Polaris's levels it would seem that Temecula Motorsports is the highest rated with Malcolm Smith second. I bought my Sling from Malcolm so I will probably keep going there for any service - I know they have all my info and extended warranty info already in their system. If at sometime I decide to try someone else it will be Temecula - - - I may stop and check it out when I go to the Slingshot event in Fallbrook
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics Sway Bar with DDMWorks mounts
    • New

      2W2X1 wrote:

      MiM wrote:

      Joey, we gotta have a wrench day! I have a DDM tank that's been sitting in the box for awhile now... Also have springs to replace that @Spudinator is waiting for... :/

      Come over @2W2X1! I have a floor jack and tools... You can also help babysit the girls... :thumbsup:
      I'm game. But prefer you head to my garage since I know my tools better.
      I work for beer. :love:
      You're missing the point of me not being able to get away...

      If I could take my girls with me, then maybe... But they don't fit in the Sling... Well, they do, but I'll get arrested... ;(

    • New

      SoCal wrote:

      Just an update. I took my sling in today to Del Amo motorsports in Santa Anna California. I think I found a new dealer! I arrived at 10 and they had me out the door at 12:30. I had her in for what I thought was a front end alignment. The inside of the tire was cupping. They found that my alignment was fine however the camber was out on the passenger side front tire ( redundant I know) and that they had to order a shim kit and my only disappointment is that it will take a week to 10 days for the shim kit to come in. They said they have never done one or encountered one needing a shim kit so we will see. They did not charge me a dime and said for me to just come back when the shim kit is in and they also ran my case number to Polaris for possible reimbursement because I have the extended warranty through 2020. All in all they kept me informed three or four times during my 2 1/2 hour stay today, and seem to be on it.


      BTW saw this sling at the dealer today. Never get tired of seeing ingenuity and individuality.


      I’m just going to relate the opinion of the guy that did my front end alignment...concerning the shims...

      I bought these



      His thought is the more shims you use the longer the bolts need to be....the longer the bolts stick out, the weaker they get.

      He really liked these adjustable arms. If likes them, I love them. My new tires are showing very little wear....all 3 of my front adjustments were out.

      We did leave all the factory shims on when he installed the arms.

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.