What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Hernandeves5 wrote:

mniron wrote:

Behind the front wheel splashes.

First Version

Today’s version

Hey @mniron , where did you get the "todays version" vents? do you make them yourself? for the first time I had my engine get so hot Wednesday that it made my radio screen black out. I need to get the heat venting out and would love to install these. Along with the wheel splash vents.
      Another question @mytoy the rear wheel fender with the lights, is that over a 22" wheel? whats a good place to get one? I have looked around and cant find a design I like but yours looks great.
      The fender is from Paramount plastic "Stealth Fender" I have the sock tire size on mine. Slingshotonly sell the version 2 which can handle tires up to 305 with here is a link.
      Polaris Slingshot Stealth Fender 2.0 - Slingshot Only
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • New

Hernandeves5 wrote:

Hey @mniron , where did you get the "todays version" vents? do you make them yourself? for the first time I had my engine get so hot Wednesday that it made my radio screen black out. I need to get the heat venting out and would love to install these. Along with the wheel splash vents.
      2015+ Polaris AXYS RMK VENT KIT, SKS 600/800 PDP SNOWMOBILE VENT KIT BLACK | eBay

ARCTIC CAT SNO PRO 500/600 RACER 08-11 Snowobile Vent Kit _ Middle BLACK | eBay
    • New

@Hernandeves5

Hey @mniron , where did you get the "todays version" vents? do you make them yourself? for the first time I had my engine get so hot Wednesday that it made my radio screen black out.

Putting my two cents worth in here. When I installed my aftermarket radio I put a piece of half inch flexible silver heat shield in front of the cubbyhole on the engine side or if you will the backside of the radio. I just overlapped by about 5 inches on each side across that cubbyhole so the heat blast from the motor would not get in that area. Been driving in Southern California and Mohave desert heat and have had no issues. Inexpensive fix perhaps give that a try - good luck!
    • New

Not sure about that however the silver flexible heat shield comes in small quantities at any auto parts store. I think I got two or three sheets in a box from AutoZone for very little money. I like the flexibility of the heat shield so it can form in there
    • New

Hernandeves5 wrote:

awesome thank you so much. I have to fix the heat problem quick. it kind of scared me when it got hot enough to black out the radio. I thought it was done for sure.
      just to add my 2 cents, I find this interesting, is your radio stock or aftermarket and what year is your sling? I have the stock system that came in my 2016 and the heat has never bothered it, even on days as hot as 121.
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob
    • New

edwardaneal wrote:

Hernandeves5 wrote:

awesome thank you so much. I have to fix the heat problem quick. it kind of scared me when it got hot enough to black out the radio. I thought it was done for sure.
      just to add my 2 cents, I find this interesting, is your radio stock or aftermarket and what year is your sling? I have the stock system that came in my 2016 and the heat has never bothered it, even on days as hot as 121.
      I have a 2017 base model with aftermarket radio, its the Clarion CMS5 Marine waterproof radio. It just freaked me out, screen went black and when I touched the screen itself it was extremely hot. After I started moving again and the wind started blowing through the cockpit it went back to normal but I just want to make sure that it doesn't happen again and so that no permanent damage happens.
      "Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas!"
      It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees
      Emiliano Zapata
      :BLACKSS:
    • New

Hernandeves5 wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

Hernandeves5 wrote:

I have a 2017 base model with aftermarket radio, its the Clarion CMS5 Marine waterproof radio. It just freaked me out, screen went black and when I touched the screen itself it was extremely hot. After I started moving again and the wind started blowing through the cockpit it went back to normal but I just want to make sure that it doesn't happen again and so that no permanent damage happens.
      I was working outside with my iphone laying in the sun...there was a thermometer symbol on the black screen indicating the phone was way too hot....it didn’t act normal until it cooled down....so I’m guessing all these high tech electronics have high temperature limits..th y probably go into a safe mode to protect the circuits...and battery.
    • New

Bigdog wrote:

Hernandeves5 wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

Hernandeves5 wrote:

I was working outside with my iphone laying in the sun...there was a thermometer symbol on the black screen indicating the phone was way too hot....it didn’t act normal until it cooled down....so I’m guessing all these high tech electronics have high temperature limits..th y probably go into a safe mode to protect the circuits...and battery.
      Yes - iPhones definitely have this problem - when I put mine up on the windshield mount on my sling it will overheat on hot days from the sun beating on it, when I drive home in the afternoon I turn my apple watch so it is on the inside of my wrist to keep it from getting to hot
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob
    • New

FunCycle wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

You can also use 1 inch think high density foam. Bought from Amazon.
      I found a large piece of carpet underlayment (1/2 inch) on the highway and just cut 6 pieces to fit. 2 layers for the engine side and 2 layers for the sides
      ooooohhh shit! When replying to this my fat fingers hit “REPORT CONTENT” by mistake, a big hour glass came up and then ?( disappeared .
      Am I going to have to go to the principals office now??? We ( or should I say I ) need more space in between the prompts!! 8)
    • What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

New

SoCal wrote:

FunCycle wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

I found a large piece of carpet underlayment (1/2 inch) on the highway and just cut 6 pieces to fit. 2 layers for the engine side and 2 layers for the sides
      ooooohhh shit! When replying to this my fat fingers hit “REPORT CONTENT” by mistake, a big hour glass came up and then ?( disappeared .
      Am I going to have to go to the principals office now??? We ( or should I say I ) need more space in between the prompts!! 8)

Go to the office and beg for forgiveness. You might not be banned for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app
      John
      '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
      '15 Ram 2500
      '16 Denali 289 RK
      '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:
    • New

SoCal wrote:

FunCycle wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

ooooohhh shit! When replying to this my fat fingers hit “REPORT CONTENT” by mistake, a big hour glass came up and then ?( disappeared .Am I going to have to go to the principals office now??? We ( or should I say I ) need more space in between the prompts!! 8)
      You are so screwed! :evil: :evil: :evil: They are probably getting ready to kick you out of the forum bar and grill for a month. Make sure you leave your tab open for me so I drink for free.
    • New

War Hoop wrote:

SoCal wrote:

FunCycle wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

ooooohhh shit! When replying to this my fat fingers hit “REPORT CONTENT” by mistake, a big hour glass came up and then ?( disappeared .Am I going to have to go to the principals office now??? We ( or should I say I ) need more space in between the prompts!! 8)
      You are so screwed! :evil: :evil: :evil: They are probably getting ready to kick you out of the forum bar and grill for a month. Make sure you leave your tab open for me so I drink for free.
      I will not go quietly...... :P

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.