What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zorasmiles wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

Soluga wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

Just out riding along and saw something in the ditch so stopped and picked it up. Thought it might be useful so I started piecing it together and got this useful item.

Let me know where you ride as i wouldn't mind stopping to pick this up in a ditch as well. Nice roof! :)
      I'm in Texas... we have salesmen in out ditches, if they stand out in the street they tend to get run down a lot.
      With this heat we've been having in Texas this year...I'd probably run down the salesman and overpay having him help with the installation on the side of the road LOL Great mod and it looks not only nice..but functional!
      Having a little trouble closing the passenger side roof but will work that out, Modding the mods to get them to work as advertised seems to be standard operating procedure with some after market stuff.
    • So, - - - am I the only one here who installs a mod and then un does it and does it again just to make sure I got everything right? For some darn reason if I dont go back over things and and really check them in the back of my mind I cant stop questioning if I did it right. After I installed my coil overs I checked the bolts with the torque wrench three times, and then after I had driven it for a week I got out the torque wrench and checked them all again. Yesterday I installed the short shift kit drove with it all day today, and when I got home tonight I pulled it back out checked to be sure everything was properly greased and put it back in and tightened down all the bolts - - - - Am I the only one that is this anal about my mods?

cosmetic things are once and done, but if it is anything that could actually hurt something if it isnt correct I just dont get any peace of mind if I havent checked it and then checked it again.

Anyway I think I will go sit in my Sling and see how the shifter feels - - - you know, just to make sure <X
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob
    • Soluga wrote:

Would love to see a picture with these on your ss. Moving to the 18 inch rear do you only need to be concerned with adjusting your belt?
      Shouldn’t be an issue as I’m not adjusting my suspension.

Looking at the details of my new config, there is less than a half-inch diameter difference between my current wheel radius (Tire A) and my new config (Tire B) ~> this should also help keep me adjusted to the current ride style of each set as I swap them out on the twists. It’s important because what you gain in grip is something that can throw you off if you’ve been riding on the other set for a while... even harder when you need to add a large variance in wheel rotation speed to the mix too. :S

I’ll gladly post pics when everything is installed! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
      // ES-DesignWorks

The post was edited 3 times, last by ericastar76 ().

• edwardaneal wrote:

So, - - - am I the only one here who installs a mod and then un does it and does it again just to make sure I got everything right? For some darn reason if I dont go back over things and and really check them in the back of my mind I cant stop questioning if I did it right. After I installed my coil overs I checked the bolts with the torque wrench three times, and then after I had driven it for a week I got out the torque wrench and checked them all again. Yesterday I installed the short shift kit drove with it all day today, and when I got home tonight I pulled it back out checked to be sure everything was properly greased and put it back in and tightened down all the bolts - - - - Am I the only one that is this anal about my mods?

cosmetic things are once and done, but if it is anything that could actually hurt something if it isnt correct I just dont get any peace of mind if I havent checked it and then checked it again.

Anyway I think I will go sit in my Sling and see how the shifter feels - - - you know, just to make sure <X
      Yes, you are the only one here who triple checks everything four times. :D Don't mess with that shifter to much or we'll think your playing with it. :D
    • War Hoop wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

So, - - - am I the only one here who installs a mod and then un does it and does it again just to make sure I got everything right? For some darn reason if I dont go back over things and and really check them in the back of my mind I cant stop questioning if I did it right. After I installed my coil overs I checked the bolts with the torque wrench three times, and then after I had driven it for a week I got out the torque wrench and checked them all again. Yesterday I installed the short shift kit drove with it all day today, and when I got home tonight I pulled it back out checked to be sure everything was properly greased and put it back in and tightened down all the bolts - - - - Am I the only one that is this anal about my mods?

Yes, you are the only one here who triple checks everything four times. :D Don't mess with that shifter to much or we'll think your playing with it. :D
      And the shifter too!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
      Winfield, Alabama
      205spam412spam2868
    • chavey2 wrote:

Got some Pretty, Pretty Precious delivered last night. Gonna get it done tomorrow (or maybe tonight - late)...
      Yeah, so I couldn't wait! And this kit left the wheel in exactly the same location as the stock wheel. (I was hoping it would be further away from the seat. sigh...)
      Images
      • 144.jpg

222.35 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 17 times
      • 134.jpg

137.1 kB, 576×768, viewed 19 times
      • 145.jpg

112.96 kB, 576×768, viewed 24 times
    • chavey2 wrote:

chavey2 wrote:

Got some Pretty, Pretty Precious delivered last night. Gonna get it done tomorrow (or maybe tonight - late)...
      Yeah, so I couldn't wait! And this kit left the wheel in exactly the same location as the stock wheel. (I was hoping it would be further away from the seat. sigh...)
      I think you are lucky - from what I had understood most quick release setups move the steering wheel even closer to the driver
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob

The post was edited 1 time, last by edwardaneal ().

• New

Been some time for me to post up. Things I normally work on I can't really show just yet. This on the other hand was a lunch time mod to some used double bubbles. Never liked the way they stuck up so high. Testing to see how low I can go and just reduce buffeting but keep good summer open top air flow. Will test as is on the way home and dail in a cleaner cut this weekend.
      Images
      • KIMG4185.JPG

133.23 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 22 times
      • KIMG4187.JPG

158.51 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 26 times
      • KIMG4189.JPG

156.76 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 24 times
    • New

Ruptured Duck wrote:

Been some time for me to post up. Things I normally work on I can't really show just yet. This on the other hand was a lunch time mod to some used double bubbles. Never liked the way they stuck up so high. Testing to see how low I can go and just reduce buffeting but keep good summer open top air flow. Will test as is on the way home and dail in a cleaner cut this weekend.
      They may be a little on the tall side....might need to be shortened :rolleyes:

SSREAPER
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.