What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• Trooper wrote:

IT HAS BEGUN!!!! Went to @Slingrazor this morning explained to him what look i was going for and next thing you know bame cut and ready for finishing up. For some of the guys and gals that has not had the pleasure to meet @Slingrazor and his family, please do. I had a blast hanging out and visiting. he is a wealth of knowledge in my opinion, I learned a lot more today while we were fellow-shipping today. and if anybody is looking for more HP, Sc is the way to go, i got the pleasure to go for a ride in his and let me tell you WOW LOVE IT. I came home asking mommy if i could go ahead and get one :00008172: . I think i may have to put other stuff on the back burner and save my penny's for a SC, cause it's going to happen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      Which one of your 'Friends' are going to check your speed going down the road….
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

RideforKids.org
    • EjFord wrote:

Trooper wrote:

IT HAS BEGUN!!!! Went to @Slingrazor this morning explained to him what look i was going for and next thing you know bame cut and ready for finishing up. For some of the guys and gals that has not had the pleasure to meet @Slingrazor and his family, please do. I had a blast hanging out and visiting. he is a wealth of knowledge in my opinion, I learned a lot more today while we were fellow-shipping today. and if anybody is looking for more HP, Sc is the way to go, i got the pleasure to go for a ride in his and let me tell you WOW LOVE IT. I came home asking mommy if i could go ahead and get one :00008172: . I think i may have to put other stuff on the back burner and save my penny's for a SC, cause it's going to happen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      Which one of your 'Friends' are going to check your speed going down the road….
      @EjFord I am pretty sure all my buddy's would be checking my speed after they had a ride :00008172:
      :BLACKSS: :COLDAIRSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • New

@Ross :thumbsup: 2020 I plan on leaving this crap state job and jumping back into trade. I’m only sticking around for benefits & another pension right now. Jan 1st will be 10 years ( I’ll be invested) I have 12+ in trade & everyday want back- jobs are there, could be working & bringing home $1500-$2000+ a week take home... so hard to swallow!!! But point is... I’ll have double $ a month = toys???
      Save for college :S . Be good buddy!
      I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/
    • New

Nemesis1701 wrote:

This is really cool keeps the hood nice and sturdy and it looks like a factory mod! Well done!

Thank you sir. I've been sitting out here drinking my coffee and just staring at the hood lol thinking man this looks good but at the same time feel like there is to much going on at the top and nothing at the bottom. SOOO I thought it might look good and break it up a little if i go ahead and cut the 2 small holes near the nose. any thoughts are feed back from all the professional cutters here.
    • New

Trooper wrote:

Nemesis1701 wrote:

This is really cool keeps the hood nice and sturdy and it looks like a factory mod! Well done!

Thank you sir. I've been sitting out here drinking my coffee and just staring at the hood lol thinking man this looks good but at the same time feel like there is to much going on at the top and nothing at the bottom. SOOO I thought it might look good and break it up a little if i go ahead and cut the 2 small holes near the nose. any thoughts are feed back from all the professional cutters here.
      I'm not a professional cutter but 'go with your gut' has always worked well for me. How did your steering wheel swap go? Did you go with one of those bat wheels? Looking good @Trooper! You're helping me work up the nerve for this mod.
      There is no substitute for experience.
    • New

@SlingLow haven't swapped the steering wheel out yet still waiting on my quick disconnect to come, found out the other day it is on back order and should be shipped soon and haven't found a local interior shop to change out the stitching on the wheel guess they don't do steering wheels down here lol. Like you tell me sir go with your gut :thumbsup: once you do the first cut the rest is easy. i think you will like the out come. well so far the ones that has done it has loved it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • New

Trooper wrote:

@SlingLow haven't swapped the steering wheel out yet still waiting on my quick disconnect to come, found out the other day it is on back order and should be shipped soon and haven't found a local interior shop to change out the stitching on the wheel guess they don't do steering wheels down here lol. Like you tell me sir go with your gut :thumbsup: once you do the first cut the rest is easy. i think you will like the out come. well so far the ones that has done it has loved it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      I have yet to review the available threads and am busy on a remodel project so I'm not currently in mod-mode. My biggest question/concern is if there is any paint/repaint work involved. If it's just cutting, it's a much simpler project for a man with my limited skills.
      There is no substitute for experience.
    • New

SlingLow wrote:

Trooper wrote:

I have yet to review the available threads and am busy on a remodel project so I'm not currently in mod-mode. My biggest question/concern is if there is any paint/repaint work involved. If it's just cutting, it's a much simpler project for a man with my limited skills.
      Yes sir I can understand that. There will be some paint work that will need to be done, It really depends on what look you will go for has to how much. In my case there will not be to much that needs to be done, we will be prepping the skeleton part of the hood just to make it look better. going to paint it gloss black to blend with the hood skin, so that gray skeleton part want be showing or jumping out at you it will all look black and blend in together nicely.
    • New

Hi all, I know it's a tad early...lol...but, what is on your mind for this year's off season mods... projects...repairs. I guess this applies to only the snow bound areas of the world! All the rest of you riders that have warm weather year round, just fake the off season then...lol. I am pondering air suspension for my ride, and speaker upgrades. I hope y'all are having a great year tearing up the pavement. Cheers to all.
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • New

MWSlingshot wrote:

Beginning the powder coating of my wheels.
      Stripping and sand blasting went smoothly and now for the base coat of orange.
      Oooo! Looking good! Are those stock wheels? I did mine in pearl white. They will look awesome I'm sure. Cheers!
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • New

Today's mod...
      Link: Club Slingshot?
      :00008862:
      After two weeks trying to get a reply from Polaris, regards, Club SlingShot. I have now modified my positive opinion of the company, to one of disgust.

It has taken them two weeks to admit that they have done NOTHING and have only now passed on a simple question to another department (See link above) after multiple requests, for a response.

I AM NOT A HAPPY (INTERNATIONAL) CUSTOMER.
      All the best, from UK_Paul
    • New

Lui wrote:

MWSlingshot wrote:

Beginning the powder coating of my wheels.
      Stripping and sand blasting went smoothly and now for the base coat of orange.
      Oooo! Looking good! Are those stock wheels? I did mine in pearl white. They will look awesome I'm sure. Cheers!
      @Lui yes sir, those are my stock SLR wheels. I’m doing a 4 part powder coating on them, tomorrow I’m adding a Yellow pearl to the orange to get the correct Orange madness color and then I go to the Black pearl to accent the spokes and rim followed by a pearl clear coat to make them sparkle!

If all goes well I’ll be mounting the tires by Friday and have them ready for Maggie Valley.
      :SLRSS: :COLDAIRSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862: :00008698:
    • New

UK_Paul wrote:

Today's mod...
      Link: Club Slingshot?
      :00008862:
      After two weeks trying to get a reply from Polaris, regards, Club SlingShot. I have now modified my positive opinion of the company, to one of disgust.

It has taken them two weeks to admit that they have done NOTHING and have only now passed on a simple question to another department (See link above) after multiple requests, for a response.

I AM NOT A HAPPY (INTERNATIONAL) CUSTOMER.
      Welcome to the world of corporate give a crap.
      Unofficial forum bad guy and all around wonderful person.

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.