What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Slingrazor wrote:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and kind words. The second one kicked me square in the A$$ today. Fiberglass in the skin is driving me crazy.
      There is a fiberglass weaving mill here in town. They make filters for aluminum for companies like Alcoa, Reynolds, ETC. I worked there part time about 35 years ago. That stuff will drive you crazy. First thing I learned, was to take a cold shower and get the fiberglass off. Cold closes up the pores in your skin, hot opens them up. I could get most of the fiberglass off if I went cold first. Drove me nuts until I figured that out.
      :REDSS: :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • Goats_Hogs wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and kind words. The second one kicked me square in the A$$ today. Fiberglass in the skin is driving me crazy.
      There is a fiberglass weaving mill here in town. They make filters for aluminum for companies like Alcoa, Reynolds, ETC. I worked there part time about 35 years ago. That stuff will drive you crazy. First thing I learned, was to take a cold shower and get the fiberglass off. Cold closes up the pores in your skin, hot opens them up. I could get most of the fiberglass off if I went cold first. Drove me nuts until I figured that out.
      For me....Fiberglass would be worse torture for terrorists than waterboarding!!!! I Hate that frickin stuff!!!!
      Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi
    • Goats_Hogs wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

Thanks for that information. Have a feeling it will come in handy in the not so distant future on something else I am planning.
    • Went in for the seat bracket recall and ended up getting a new suspension (JRI one way sport), SLR seats, composite brakes with Hawk pads and some new Batman emblems...all for safety...atleast that’s what I told the wife.
      Next up is a Welter exhaust, swap out the Polaris cold air intake for the Injen, 1320 headers, ECU re flash, bigger battery and charging posts, and then an audio system....
      Images
      • 4193A937-4F41-4418-BAC1-750DE388EF1D.jpeg

67.48 kB, 432×768, viewed 21 times
      • F779A308-F888-4755-86FE-66B7A12503B1.jpeg

111.33 kB, 432×768, viewed 20 times
      • AB3DEE7F-5871-4974-878F-62DE3BC63192.png

465.36 kB, 432×768, viewed 25 times
    • Bruce Wayne wrote:

Went in for the seat bracket recall and ended up getting a new suspension (JRI one way sport), SLR seats, composite brakes with Hawk pads and some new Batman emblems...all for safety...atleast that’s what I told the wife.
      Next up is a Welter exhaust, swap out the Polaris cold air intake for the Injen, 1320 headers, ECU re flash, bigger battery and charging posts, and then an audio system....
      It is fortunate that Batman has an alter ego who is not fortune impaired...

Can you imagine Batman with an alter ego of an hourly wage earner?
      Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!
    • I have a question and if it has already been asked and answered I'm sorry in advance..........I have been reading about turbos and superchargers and seeing some crazy HP numbers...........Is this still running the stock driveline ??
      :SILVERSS: :POKESS: :00000022: :evil: :00000021:
      Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises
    • paulj wrote:

I have a question and if it has already been asked and answered I'm sorry in advance..........I have been reading about turbos and superchargers and seeing some crazy HP numbers...........Is this still running the stock driveline ??
      I would say for the most part "yes". I believe with the exception of the clutch and flywheel most everyone is running stock driveline components.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
      Winfield, Alabama
      205spam412spam2868
    • I think those that are posting HP #s above 300hp also have had the motors rebuilt with better internals. I wonder what the true cost of having a 400+ hp SS is? Because, at that point it is just a number. You can't plant that kind of HP to the ground with the light rear ends that the SS has.
      Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
      Then be Batman!
    • Ghost wrote:

paulj wrote:

I have a question and if it has already been asked and answered I'm sorry in advance..........I have been reading about turbos and superchargers and seeing some crazy HP numbers...........Is this still running the stock driveline ??
      I would say for the most part "yes". I believe with the exception of the clutch and flywheel most everyone is running stock driveline components.
      The only thing we did was to go to DDM forged motor
      LONE WOLF
    • Blaze wrote:

I think those that are posting HP #s above 300hp also have had the motors rebuilt with better internals. I wonder what the true cost of having a 400+ hp SS is? Because, at that point it is just a number. You can't plant that kind of HP to the ground with the light rear ends that the SS has.
      I have been running north of 300 on an unforged motor for over a year. If the motor goes it will cost the same for the new one minus a core charge. Why pay for it before you need it.
      Knock on wood.
    • With the DDM supercharger and the 110mm pulley you run about 285HP at the rear wheel all stock engine.
      With the DDM supercharger and the 100mm pulley you run about 300HP at the rear wheel all stock engine.

Once you go above that you really need to consider reinforcing the engine.
      @Dave@DDMWorks is the man who can tell you the whens and whys of when you should move from stock.

It has a whole lot to do with the boost and the pressure in the engine. SC has consistent boost at around 9psi where as the turbo runs from say 8 to 20+Psi depending.
      That can get you into some engine trouble real quick. Just ask the boys who have blown out a few. @rabtech, @StickerDick.

I will say this. Dave says the 100mm is the sweet spot on the DDM supercharger and he is correct. definitely a difference between 285 and 300 wow. Lovin it.
      AKA Jim Camp 8)
    • MACAWS wrote:

Ghost wrote:

paulj wrote:

The only thing we did was to go to DDM forged motor
      So then the stock driveline..trans...angle drive etc should be able to handle the stock 170 + hp easily.......I just wonder after hearing and seeing exploded angle drives and the swing arm bearing debacle...............everytime I hear mine make a squeak I get paranoid.......guess maybe I worry to much
      :SILVERSS: :POKESS: :00000022: :evil: :00000021:
      Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises
    • Slingrazor wrote:

Blaze wrote:

I think those that are posting HP #s above 300hp also have had the motors rebuilt with better internals. I wonder what the true cost of having a 400+ hp SS is? Because, at that point it is just a number. You can't plant that kind of HP to the ground with the light rear ends that the SS has.
      I have been running north of 300 on an unforged motor for over a year. If the motor goes it will cost the same for the new one minus a core charge. Why pay for it before you need it.Knock on wood.
      I have gone just over 7K miles on my stock motor with the Hahn Turbo kit. Well...Stock everything really. I think once you start pushing over 350HP it might be time to looking at upgrading. I have already decided that if I blow up the motor, I am going to go with a boosted 13B rotary engine.
      CO D12
    • Br4hm4 wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

Blaze wrote:

I have been running north of 300 on an unforged motor for over a year. If the motor goes it will cost the same for the new one minus a core charge. Why pay for it before you need it.Knock on wood.
      I have gone just over 7K miles on my stock motor with the Hahn Turbo kit. Well...Stock everything really. I think once you start pushing over 350HP it might be time to looking at upgrading. I have already decided that if I blow up the motor, I am going to go with a boosted 13B rotary engine.
      so, just out of curiosity, are there any stronger options to the stock angle drive? some time back I thought I saw a thread that implied that someone was working on such a thing, but I never saw anymore about it?
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics Sway Bar with DDMWorks mounts
    • The prototypes are done for the brake and clutch reservoir cover. I put them on my SS so everyone can see them in MV.
      The blue I have to redo I did not wait long enough between coats.
      Bevore:
      After:
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us

The post was edited 1 time, last by mytoy ().

• edwardaneal wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

Blaze wrote:

so, just out of curiosity, are there any stronger options to the stock angle drive? some time back I thought I saw a thread that implied that someone was working on such a thing, but I never saw anymore about it?
      I don't think it was ever created. If you do a google search you can see basic mock ups of an entire new swingarm that was gorgeous...but I think that was the only one ever made. I believe there were some issues getting all the nanny sensors to work right.
      CO D12

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.