What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• New

rabtech wrote:

Changing stereos out. I wanted the new radio for 2 reasons. I wanted the built in Garmin brand Navigation. And secondly this stereo supports Idatalink by Maestro. This allows it to hook to my OBD2 port on the Haltech and display my gauges right on the screen of the Kenwood. I included pics (Google searched images) of gauges on this kenwood.

I sold my current flip screen Kenwood KVT-7012BT to @larry . Now I just need to install it for him. :) :P

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app
      do they make a version of that without the GPS?
      But that does the other cool shit?
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS:
      LONE WOLF
    • What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

New

lawdogpup wrote:

MiM wrote:

Another great day at the Slingshots in the Texas Hill Country rally...

@lawdogpup installed @Spudinators old 1320 header right in the parking lot... Thanks to Steve (and his wife) and Dennis, my Sling has finally hit puberty :thumbsup: ...

Glad I could do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

You rock Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • New

philip_mustang wrote:

Went for a small trip and something started to rattle. Found that one the brackets of my wheelrings was broken.
      @philip_mustang sorry to hear! It's unfortunate that you experienced this but timely since my wife and I were discussing the possibility of this happening tonight! I explained to her that although many were thinking that sense the part wasn't under the pressure from a point that would cause the welds to separate, I was concerned about the overall strength of the metal from being twisted (reducing it's tensile strength) and how it would fare from vibration afterwards. May I ask what manufacture LED wheel hoop set that failed? I hope they're offering a replacement, as I'm sure it's not an end user created problem unless you were required to modify and twist the hoops more to install further weakening the integrity of the metal...
    • New

SoCal wrote:

HOOD PINS

I understand the concept of the hood pin, but is it just totally to prevent the release of the hood or does it also stop or reduce the “flap” of the hood area over the front tires at higher speeds as well?

Intended to reduce the hood flap. It works quite well!! Thanks @mniron

Everytime I drive now and look how solid my hood is, I think of you and your genius!!
    • New

mytoy wrote:

If there would be interest I can continue, so far I did just the design work for the Brake Master Cylinder Cap Cover & the Brake Fluid Cap Cover.
      Next step would be cost calculation.

@mytoy you might as well go ahead and start making them. I am Pretty sure there will be a lot of members that would want one. I am In for one as well. might want to do a bundle package for all the nut covers just a thought.
      :BLACKSS: :COLDAIRSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • New

Trooper wrote:

mytoy wrote:

If there would be interest I can continue, so far I did just the design work for the Brake Master Cylinder Cap Cover & the Brake Fluid Cap Cover.
      Next step would be cost calculation.

@mytoy you might as well go ahead and start making them. I am Pretty sure there will be a lot of members that would want one. I am In for one as well. might want to do a bundle package for all the nut covers just a thought.
      Looks good! I've had these on my wishlist on sling mods. Just wasn't willing to pay the price they wanted for "dress up" stuff... was going to hold off until end of year pricing. Let us know on pricing and would love to see what the finished pieces look like when done.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • New

TheRock wrote:

SoCal wrote:

HOOD PINS

I understand the concept of the hood pin, but is it just totally to prevent the release of the hood or does it also stop or reduce the “flap” of the hood area over the front tires at higher speeds as well?
      Intended to reduce the hood flap. It works quite well!! Thanks @mniron

Everytime I drive now and look how solid my hood is, I think of you and your genius!!
      thank you! Is there a video you can post of exactly what they look like and where they go? Intrigued !!

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.