What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• :00002047: HOT NEWS :00002047:

Those of you with Netflicks (or perhaps even with other services) may be able to pick up the "BBC i Player." If you can, then please tune in to BBC1 "The One Show" at 19:00 hrs, UK time, next Wednesday, 21st Feb..

This is a light daily, national, magazine show, aired after the news, each weekday. The Top Gear crew will be on the show... along with the UK_Paul slingshot

They have selected the SlingShot, along with a few other vehicles, for the Top Gear people to work with. It appears that my wife Elaine will also be on the show (possibly myself too).

As it is live TV, things may all change, but we are all signed up for it and it looks like it's all on now .

- Top Gear | The world’s greatest car website -
    - BBC One - The One Show -

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• @UK_Paul thats very cool.

Myself and my old Jeep are on an episode of Brian Johnson's Cars that Rock series that just finished airing over there. It's seasons 3 (series 3) episode #6. He goes off-loading in my old JK Rubicon 2dr. Don't know how much got edited because it has not aired stateside yet.

• Hey all... have some parts I need to pick up. I haven't seen any "sales" for President's day weekend. Do any of the vendors put stuff together for President's weekend or week? Not sure if waiting for a bit is a good thing or won't make a difference. Looking for an exhaust system like Welter. Figured I'd ask.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Hiya all,
    I just finished my SC kit install. Was fun installing it. DDM made a great kit. Fits like a glove, sounds nothing like a glove...lol...sounds like a big snake hissing when the pedal is released...like it a lot...now for some custom grafix and waiting till this Canadian winter leaves...yuk.

• @UK_Paul way to represent! I just started reading from the beginning of your thread yesterday (I'm late to the party) and got up to one year ago today. You've come a long way baby! So glad you've stayed in the game! I'm looking forward to this, and the next few year's installments.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

• TopGear! Those guys are fun!!! That is awesome Paul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• A couple of weeks ago, I repaired a bad garage light for a friend who has no repair abilities (diagnosed & replaced a bad ballast). Of course, I refused any offer of payment. Today, his wife dropped off these... :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just ordered more bling from Sling Mods.............I need a few warm weekends before Maggie Valley to get this stuff installed..........Running out of room to pile it on the seats

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• Ran across this on Amazon this morning. This would make for a really nice mod. It’s larger than it looks & would NOT fit in the standard rocker switch locations - you would have to cut it in elsewhere (it’s 1.47” x 0.84”)...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Ran across this on Amazon this morning. This would make for a really nice mod. It’s larger than it looks & would NOT fit in the standard rocker switch locations - you would have to cut it in elsewhere (it’s 1.47” x 0.84”)...

Here is...

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Love the location @SaltyClownNY what did you do with the little black button that was there, and what are the two cutouts on each side of your shift label for?

Moved it to the steering column where it’s at on the 2018 model. Slots are for the trim pieces. I have the sling apart redoing everything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Finally installed the brake caliper covers that @Bill Martin passed on to me way back when... Thank you Bill!

Yes, they have the master's touch on them... Thank you @Painter! :00008040:

Now may reach out to MGP because I recall Bill saying he took them off because one of them came loose while driving, and I can see one bracket has scraping marks... I put that bracket on the rear and hear a faint scraping noise coming from there... When I took the brackets and cover off, all was fine and no noise. Safe to assume the bracket is scraping the top flat edge of the rotors. I drove down the block, hit about 70mph and they didn't come off... Even drove over some bumps to check durability. Time will tell...

Anybody else with these covers and experiences/noises/concerns with them?