What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• Nemesis1701 wrote:

MACAWS wrote:

OH Boy! Oh Boy! OH Boy!

Just got back from a few days on the road and what do I find on my doorstep. A box from Fab Factory my next very exciting new mod. I know for a fact that there are only 4 of these things left so if you want one I would reach out to Shawn at the Fab factory.
      I will b sending it out for powder coating in the morning.

Thank You @FFShawn for getting this to me so quickly....

So that means everyone else qualifies for handicap at Track Day?
      Boy, oh boy, oh boy..... I'm Stuper handicapped smile-squared ..... I'm so special! wacky-squared wacky-squared wacky-squared
    • Of course, the safest option is return/exchange it if you can.
      Carefully inspect the tire for dry rot or cracking, as MACAWS posted. Assuming it looks good enough to keep, I'd recommend sending it back if you expect the tire to stay on your vehicle for one or more years, but if you expect the tire to be replaced due to mileage within 6-8 months, then I'd probably give it a try, but still keep an eye out for deterioration, just in case.
    • Ruptured Duck wrote:

Nemesis1701 wrote:

MACAWS wrote:

OH Boy! Oh Boy! OH Boy!

Just got back from a few days on the road and what do I find on my doorstep. A box from Fab Factory my next very exciting new mod. I know for a fact that there are only 4 of these things left so if you want one I would reach out to Shawn at the Fab factory.
      I will b sending it out for powder coating in the morning.

Thank You @FFShawn for getting this to me so quickly....

So that means everyone else qualifies for handicap at Track Day?
      Boy, oh boy, oh boy..... I'm Stuper handicapped smile-squared ..... I'm so special! wacky-squared wacky-squared wacky-squared
      You all know as well as I do that on the track Driving Ability outweighs horsepower and shiny new parts 10-1
      And I know that there are a lot more qualified drivers than me showing up that day.
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS:
      Powered by DDM Engine - Boosted by Hahn Stage 2 Turbo = 382 WHP
    • Gadgeteer wrote:

Jdin wrote:

MACAWS wrote:

Nice hunk of rubber there brother!
      Let us know how it handles
      I will no doubt.

Now this is new to me. I have never purchased a new tire to have this pop up. Should I worry ? Inspection of the tire it looks fine.

I see there's a link titled "Why expired tires are so dangerous". Did you click the link to see what they had to say?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      I just looked up the issue and it is a bit concerning. Basically, the compounds break down with age and can fail catastrophically. Tire aging life span varies (of course, because the only "standards" in the tire industry are dimensions) but it seems to be between 6 and 10 yrs. regardless whether the tire has been in service or on the shelf.

The big question in my mind is if a tire has an expiration date, why is it still ok to sell them? Also, will the manufacturer still honor the warranty on an expired tire? Remeber the fiasco with the Blazer that flipped when the tread separated from the sidewall of a Firestone or the highly publicised demise of actor Paul Weller from The Fast and the Furious? Apparently both incidents may have (not positive, don't quite me) been related to failure of expired tires. Just something to consider and probably worth some more research.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
      ― Douglas Adams
    • @Jdin Sorry it took me so long. For some reason, I couldn't post here for over
      30 minutes. I tried, but it kept looping. It would refresh, but no
      posting.

Tires have a date code. 6 years is considered "safe".
      After that, cracking may occur, or the rubber in the tire gets hard and
      doesn't stick. From what you posted (didn't see the tire sidewall, look
      there) it appears that the tire you have was produced the 23rd week of
      2011, six years and several months ago. You should to get in touch with
      the seller about this. That tire is over safe limit. Many tires bought
      will be a year or so old, but will wear out before it's an issue. Here
      is a link that explains it rather well.

techpage.jsp?techid=11&s_kwcid=AL!3756!10!3780142826!30371468648&ef_id=WgZj0gAAAT4bvOwp:20171111024411:s
      :REDSS: :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS: :MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS:
    • Gadgeteer wrote:

Bigdog wrote:

Mr. Clean wrote:

bjk81 wrote:

@Painter is probably leading the Congo line on the lido deck right now!

Everyone has a pervert uncle...

If you don't, it probably means YOU are the creepy uncle. :)

I have been struggling with that one this past year. One of my nieces (a step-daughter to my step-brother, I assume that makes her twice-removed or something) was a cheerleader in highschool and at 19 or 20, decided she was going to begin training as a competitive body builder. Cool! You go, girl! Then the Facebook posts of her progress, with selfies, began. Ok. Snug fitting workout gear and rapidly developing musculature and disappearing body fat, not that she had much of the latter to begin with. Cheerleader, remember? And Italian, so long dark hair, dark eyes, mischievous smile, meditarrain complexion that will tan even on overcast days... you get the picture. So, trying to be supportive and offer positive comments without sounding like the creepy uncle. As the big competition nears she starts posting selfies wearing her 'competition' bikini and stiletto heels to practice her poses. I cannot figure out what to say other than, "Wow" and "Great job, you're gonna knock em dead!" Lame, but how else could I respond to a girl in a thong and heels, bending over, flexing her well-toned bronze buttocks with matching long legs, and asking for feedback on her pose? Um... yeah... :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Because I know SOME of you are curious (no names), my niece did manage to place first in the State level, on her very first competition. Not very surprising to me...

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
      ― Douglas Adams

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gadgeteer ().

• Gadgeteer wrote:

Gadgeteer wrote:

Bigdog wrote:

Mr. Clean wrote:

bjk81 wrote:

@Painter is probably leading the Congo line on the lido deck right now!

Everyone has a pervert uncle...
      If you don't, it probably means YOU are the creepy uncle. :)

I have been struggling with that one this past year. One of my nieces (a step-daughter to my step-brother, I assume that makes her twice-removed or something) was a cheerleader in highschool and at 19 or 20, decided she was going to begin training as a competitive body builder. Cool! You go, girl! Then the Facebook posts of her progress, with selfies, began. Ok. Snug fitting workout gear and rapidly developing musculature and disappearing body fat, not that she had much of the latter to begin with. Cheerleader, remember? And Italian, so long dark hair, dark eyes, mischievous smile, meditarrain complexion that will tan even on overcast days... you get the picture. So, trying to be supportive and offer positive comments without sounding like the creepy uncle. As the big competition nears she starts posting selfies wearing her 'competition' bikini and stiletto heels to practice her poses. I cannot figure out what to say other than, "Wow" and "Great job, you're gonna knock em dead!" Lame, but how else could I respond to a girl in a thong and heels, bending over, flexing her well-toned bronze buttocks with matching long legs, and asking for feedback on her pose? Um... yeah... :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 6P
      Because I know SOME of you are curious (no names), my niece did manage to place first in the State level, on her very first competition. Not very surprising to me...

Damn hard not to be the creepy uncle!
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS: