What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• sideseatdriver wrote:

MiM wrote:

Great work @sideseatdriver! Hope summer is going well... Ready to get to it in August? :thumbsup:
      Nope, this was all him - I was out getting my taekwondo on. Guess I should go check to make sure the lug nuts are tight though... :rolleyes:
      And working on it! Have my orientation on the 26th, then hopefully I can get an official email and get going on my lesson planning.
      I wondered how @KayTwo was able to do something on the Sling by himself and get it right. You had better do an inspection before riding in the Sling. :D :thumbsup:
    • War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

I have found that the mirror extensions you can get from vendors/ebay are worthless... making some that will actually extend enough to make the passenger mirror useful again after installing the soft top. 4" X 1" with holes drilled 1/2 in from the ends using 1/4 inch aluminum. Already built and test fitted and the results are going to be great and very useful. Just need to paint and install. They won't be all cute and pretty but they will be totally useful instead of cute and useless.
      An update to my evil plot after making my mirror extensions. The 1/4 inch aluminum bar made the mirrors shake to much, bought 1 inch bar and did a re do.Let's cut some 1 inch bar stock and do it right.

Now let's get um drilled and tapped.

Time to test fit, check, and then paint.

Tested them on the worst set of railroad tracks I could find. Solid as a rock now and plenty of visibility. Me all done with this project.
      How much for a set? Hell you can leave them raw and I'll paint them! :00000441:SSREAPER
      If I had an easier way to tap those threads I could make up a few sets but tapping by hand is hard on my hands so maybe not. I should look around and see if they make a tapping attachment for my drill press. They do sell the attachments but looks like $300.00 bucks, ouch!
      @War Hoop Ok I understand....how about a counter offer... what if your were to leave them raw and untapped.
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • Bigdog wrote:

Designed an aluminum tray to hold my aux fuse box and other electrical connections to mount over top of the (removed) pot belly stove. Need to get it welded.
      Pics? I'm looking at making a tray for mine. I bought a larger 12 position (6 hot, 6 switched) fuse box with a higher capacity than the 60 amps on the one available through the vendors, and am looking for a place to mount it with a clean look.
      It's a hybrid - it burns gas AND rubber!
    • The only place available is above the factory exhaust. I just put on the welter duel exhaust so I could have access to that area....where things hopefully won’t melt.... I’m going to insulate the bottom of my pan. I just wrapped my cat box...might do more to that too.

Pics coming...

I have a neutrino fuse box, circuit breaker, hot and ground buss bars, another smaller standard fuse box. There will be lots of wires converging there.

The tray is almost a foot square...kinda..area wise..

One more thing...I would not recommend putting any wire connections directly above the pot belly stove... way too hot.
    • SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

I have found that the mirror extensions you can get from vendors/ebay are worthless... making some that will actually extend enough to make the passenger mirror useful again after installing the soft top. 4" X 1" with holes drilled 1/2 in from the ends using 1/4 inch aluminum. Already built and test fitted and the results are going to be great and very useful. Just need to paint and install. They won't be all cute and pretty but they will be totally useful instead of cute and useless.
      An update to my evil plot after making my mirror extensions. The 1/4 inch aluminum bar made the mirrors shake to much, bought 1 inch bar and did a re do.Let's cut some 1 inch bar stock and do it right.

Tested them on the worst set of railroad tracks I could find. Solid as a rock now and plenty of visibility. Me all done with this project.
      How much for a set? Hell you can leave them raw and I'll paint them! :00000441:SSREAPER
      If I had an easier way to tap those threads I could make up a few sets but tapping by hand is hard on my hands so maybe not. I should look around and see if they make a tapping attachment for my drill press. They do sell the attachments but looks like $300.00 bucks, ouch!
      @War Hoop Ok I understand....how about a counter offer... what if your were to leave them raw and untapped.
      I'd have to order some more metal to do that and you would need to have some 5/16 hex head bolts to install them. How much you willing to pay? The only reason I ask that is because it's 100 degrees in my garage most of the time and they take a while to make.
    • gpcustoms wrote:

mytoy wrote:

Finished my VOODOO on the VOODOO bumper, LED bar works also, and added slingshotinfo.com decal.
      Super over the top job and very patriotic Master Yoda :00000156:
      Thank you Sir :thumbsup:
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

I'd have to order some more metal to do that and you would need to have some 5/16 hex head bolts to install them. How much you willing to pay? The only reason I ask that is because it's 100 degrees in my garage most of the time and they take a while to make.
      I ordered a pair of these, 8mm extensions, from the Chinese a couple of weeks ago (due to arrive at the start of next month).
      M8 8mm CNC Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Mirror Riser Extender Adaptor Adapter Sale - Banggood Mobile

Originally I had purchased the SlinhMods extensions, but lost them, when the SlingShot was in winter storage. Yesterday I found the SlingMods' item and fitted them today. So come next month, I will let you know if the Chinese ones are any good or not and how the two compare.

Cost: $9.99 USD delivered
      All the best, from UK_Paul
    • Cleaned up under roll bars.
      With the wing and plastic cross bars and the box shaped cover I could not stand it any more.
      So got out cut off saw and cut and shaped .
      Took longer than I was thinking..But 2 days and its done.

I am looking for one now..Gas Cap..thank you

New Gas Cap I just made from original..Just have to paint it one day
      Images
      • fullsizeoutput_141.jpeg

208.32 kB, 887×768, viewed 34 times
      • IMG_0001.JPG

234.88 kB, 1,024×682, viewed 5 times
      • IMG_0002.JPG

159.02 kB, 1,024×682, viewed 4 times

The post was edited 4 times, last by harleyujoe: New Gas Cap I just made from original cap ().

• UK_Paul wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

War Hoop wrote:

An update to my evil plot after making my mirror extensions. The 1/4 inch aluminum bar made the mirrors shake to much, bought 1 inch bar and did a re do.Let's cut some 1 inch bar stock and do it right.Now let's get um drilled and tapped.

I ordered a pair of these, 8mm extensions, from the Chinese a couple of weeks ago (due to arrive at the start of next month).M8 8mm CNC Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Mirror Riser Extender Adaptor Adapter Sale - Banggood Mobile

Originally I had purchased the SlinhMods extensions, but lost them, when the SlingShot was in winter storage. Yesterday I found the SlingMods' item and fitted them today. So come next month, I will let you know if the Chinese ones are any good or not and how the two compare.

Cost: $9.99 USD delivered
      I really don't like supporting slave labor camps.

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.