What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Br4hm4 wrote:

Installed the SSV Works Subwoofer box yesterday...for those that have not done it...it is hands down the most annoying thing I have ever installed in the Slingshot. My entire sound system that I put in took less time and had less headaches.
      There always has to be at least one thing....
      Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"
    • MADDMOE wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Installed the SSV Works Subwoofer box yesterday...for those that have not done it...it is hands down the most annoying thing I have ever installed in the Slingshot. My entire sound system that I put in took less time and had less headaches.
      ....Which subwoofer box.....?
      SSV Gen1 Subwoofer box.
      CO D12
    • ....had a few hours of free time & had some extra RGB LED strips I wanted to add to Bee Bee, will add 2 more strips under the seats after I do my seat covers....
      Images
      • 0517181231b.jpg

133.64 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 14 times
      • 0517181231a.jpg

139.56 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 14 times
      • 0517181231.jpg

127.41 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 15 times
    • Br4hm4 wrote:

Have you installed a coolant tank yet?!? If not, wait for that fun adventure.
      Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D
    • TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Hmm I have purchased one and is on my list of to do's. Any words of wisdom or just get ready to use those special words when things don't go as planned. My Short shifter hopefully gets done today!
    • TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

:-|

I am not amused...
      CO D12
    • Soluga wrote:

TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Hmm I have purchased one and is on my list of to do's. Any words of wisdom or just get ready to use those special words when things don't go as planned. My Short shifter hopefully gets done today!
      It is a great product and I am really happy with my DDM tank. I just hate installing them.

1. Get some good gloves so your hands get less cut and bruised
      2. Change your pinch clamps to worm clamps
      3. Make sure you don't cross thread the bolts - you may need to squeeze the brackets together a little bit
      4. Mark the hose position on the stock tank, so you know how it goes on the new tank
      5. Prepare yourself mentally for the lower hose being a pain

Maybe it was easier for others and I was one of the only ones that hates this install....
      Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D
    • Soluga wrote:

TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Cover the front of the tank with painter's tape then duct tape.
      After removing the old tank, bottom hose is a pain, bend the mounting tab that is furthest away from center 45 degrees outward.
      Do not reuse the stock clamps. Buy some work gear types.
      Are you replacing the hoses? If so, cut the bottom hose to remove the old tank.
      Install the bottom hose on outlet pipe for the engine.
      Slide the tank in place whilevending the top of the bottom hose to slide on the lower connector for the tank.
      Once the hose is started, wiggle the tank down on the hose. (Tripod insert quote here).
      Install the mount bolt on the drivers side.
      Using something to push with....bend the other mount tab back facing straight forward and install the bolt.

Don't forget to drain the old tank until it is empty plus a couple of seconds. (You want the coolant level out of the bottom hose)

PM me your number if you want to talk.

Should only take about 15 minutes this way.
    • Slingrazor wrote:

Soluga wrote:

TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Cover the front of the tank with painter's tape then duct tape.After removing the old tank, bottom hose is a pain, bend the mounting tab that is furthest away from center 45 degrees outward.
      Slide the tank in place whilevending the top of the bottom hose to slide on the lower connector for the tank.
      Once the hose is started, wiggle the tank down on the hose. (Tripod insert quote here).
      Using something to push with....bend the other mount tab back facing straight forward and install the bolt.

Don't forget to drain the old tank until it is empty plus a couple of seconds. (You want the coolant level out of the bottom hose)

Make it easier on yourself and just remove the dash...wish I would’ve did it when I did mine.
      Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"
    • D.W.Slusher wrote:

Slingrazor wrote:

Soluga wrote:

TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Cover the front of the tank with painter's tape then duct tape.After removing the old tank, bottom hose is a pain, bend the mounting tab that is furthest away from center 45 degrees outward.Do not reuse the stock clamps. Buy some work gear types.

Make it easier on yourself and just remove the dash...wish I would’ve did it when I did mine.
      If you have the ddm firewall insert installed you get to uninstall and reinstall it in the process. Enjoy
    • 60,000 miles and another oil change today. I also installed the E-3 spark plugs. Finished up the center hood scoop that I got from @Trooper will do the install tomorrow when the paint dries. Raining here since about 1 PM so I am just doing stuff getting ready for Maggie Valley. I also polished out the clear coat on the new fenders that I installed a while back
    • Slingrazor wrote:

Soluga wrote:

TravAZ wrote:

Br4hm4 wrote:

Cover the front of the tank with painter's tape then duct tape.After removing the old tank, bottom hose is a pain, bend the mounting tab that is furthest away from center 45 degrees outward.

I know what ya mean - I was really strained and nervous watchin ya do it - I even broke a sweat with the fan blowin on me ;( :00008172:
    • FunCycle wrote:

60,000 miles and another oil change today. I also installed the E-3 spark plugs. Finished up the center hood scoop that I got from @Trooper will do the install tomorrow when the paint dries. Raining here since about 1 PM so I am just doing stuff getting ready for Maggie Valley. I also polished out the clear coat on the new fenders that I installed a while back
      Don't forget to put up pics on that hood scoop install.
    • I know someone asked to make a cover for the DDM coolant tank.
      This is what I used on mine

After I received it I sandblasted it carefully and primed it after that I painted it so I think is the easier and cheaper way to replace it instead of making a new cover.
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.